• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

There are more but these are the main ones
Shulk and Ganon are my actual mains, Marth is "well I know how to actually play him", Robin is "I'll make you work whether I like you or not" and Ridley and Isabelle are "I'll die before I think of not maining them"
Just to stoke the hype further, I brought this:
Let me join
4e3a4a3d-a14c-4c51-bfeb-9b77bd6eb281.png

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

>trailer starts
>We see the original twelve relaxing on a field
>They are talking with each other or having fun
>Suddenly a loud noice happens.
>They see an impact far away.
>A rainbow appears there.
>They go to check the place.
>They arrive.
>Suddenly, they enter in fear and start shaking.
LJN RUINS THE MASH!

Majalbatross

Smash Apprentice

Just a reminder that using the statements from the "insiders" as a debunk against the Grinch leak is a completely hopeless argument that belongs straight in the trash. These "insiders" have already started to change their stories and outlooks on the leak while also simultaneously back peddling like headless chickens, with some saying it's completely fake while others are hastily admitting that certain aspects of it are true.

So, what is it? There is no consistent consensus on the leak among any of the notorious "insiders", so why should we trust these very shaky words in the first place? And need I remind that most of these "insiders" have very spotty track records at best too? I don't know about you lads, but I wouldn't trust Emily "Mother 3 will be released on Virtual Console and Splatoon 2 is a port" Rogers one bit on this. Same goes for Liam "Switch Presentation leak that turned out to be point-to-point accurate is fake because uh just trust me guys" Robertson.

I'm not saying the Grinch leak can't or won't be fake since much of it's evidence is circumstantial, but "insiders" should, in no way, be a determination on the truth either. Regardless, let's see what we got in store tomorrow lads; whatever the result, I'm sure the hype train for this already-incredible-looking game will be what unites us all in the end.

Last edited:

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Seriously need to be more vocal about him next time around. One of my most wanted newcomers, and I've seen him forgotten on more than a few of these joke 'literally everyone' rosters.
I feel like most people don't acknowledge Ganon because they just see him as another version of Ganondorf. Then again, I would like Paper Mario even though he's considered by many as being a "third Mario".

D

Deleted member

Got it. Yeah, theydon't bother changing all voice lines in every language in general (unless you are :ultwiifittrainer:).
I can say that Lucario, Pokémon Trainer and Sonic got dubbed.

Maybe another fighter did too, but i don't remember.

Porygon2

Smash Journeyman
You can always go back and check what I wrote.. or not.
So some of you may say, he has his mask transformation. True (but then that's not the kid.. anyways), BUT that's not the style Sakurai is going after in this iteration.
You implied he couldn't transform for his final smash because Sakurai isn't doing those anymore....
As you can see, for exampe Wario's FS was changed to match the new style.. fast paced action. A Transformation wouldv'e been good in 4, but now it'd be too slow. (well, unless the transformation is like Mr. G&W's.. maybe).
...then proceeded to list final smashes that still involve transformations, albeit in cutscenes/flurries.
So fans, have you thought of an FS for Skull Kid? Also, are you fond of the kid or the Mask?
A transformation that involves either a cutscene or a flurry.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord

Just a reminder that using the statements from the "insiders" as a debunk against the Grinch leak is a completely hopeless argument. These "insiders" have already started to change their stories and outlooks on the leak while also simultaneously back peddling like headless chickens, with some saying it's completely fake while others are hastily admitting that certain aspects of it are true.

So, what is it? There is no consistent consensus on the leak among any of the notorious "insiders", so why should we trust these very shaky words in the first place? And need I remind that most of these "insiders" have very spotty track records at best too?

I'm not saying the Grinch leak can't or won't be fake since much of it's evidence is circumstantial, but "insiders" should, in no way, be a determination on the truth either. Regardless, let's see what we got in store tomorrow lads; whatever the result, I'm sure the hype train for this already-incredible-looking game will be what unites us all in the end.
Ok i get all of this but what up with Penn Jillette?

paper roxy

Smash Ace
Sakurai mentioned it as they were considered but immediately dismissed along with James Bond due to the licensing issues, though referring to them as "obvious inclusions" is why I feel like, without the legal barriers mentioned, their inclusion would still be obvious, at least to me. Those legal barriers could still exist, but I was using the assumptions of the prompt. Also, "considers" is a difficult term to use, so I'm simply using the exact phrasing SG did.

It's not one or a couple polls, though, it's the combination of all of them, and Banjo & Kazooie are usually one of the top third parties, and the only evidence we have to suggest what may have happened in the ballot. You're free to not consider them, though.

I only refer to Spencer's tweet to emphasize the timing--the reason I feel Sakurai would choose Banjo & Kazooie was the previous note of having been talked about since Melee as well as their closer ties to Nintendo in addition to their popularity at the time. I never cared for the "money maker" argument, because I've seen people against Banjo & Kazooie's inclusion use the argument both ways--but if DLC, as people claim, is where the money's at, it makes sense to put the fan favorites in the game and a relevant Microsoft character as DLC, going with the trends of Ultimate so far.

Yes, they were. They were originally owned by Nintendo in Diddy Kong Racing (look at their trademark). There's plenty of press material from the era with Banjo & Kazooie alongside Mario and Donkey Kong. They aren't "currently", which is why I say I want them to come back home--I emphasized that was a personal desire. Also, let me make it clear, I'm not trying to argue with you--you asked Banjo guys a question, and I simply gave you my answer. :upsidedown:
that source gaming article is really my source of geno hype for the most part lol

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Direct predictions in random order

Rest of characters (either a brawl esque trailer or separate ones)
Talking about specific characters
Spirit mode
Games and other l
Vault
Trophies
Bosses/master/crazy hand (probably during spirit as well)
One more thing

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I hope the leak is fake, but we still receive Banjo.
I mean, I don't hope it's fake--I do hope it's true, because in hindsight this is perhaps a better roster than I could have imagined (hitting all the boxes I thought couldn't be ticked). That being said, if fake, I do hope Banjo & Kazooie make it through--would break the internet, make the "impossible possible" and really tie a nice bow on Ultimate. Preparing myself for if it doesn't happen (as I said, I was sold at E3), but very hopeful.

Porygon2

Smash Journeyman
I feel like most people don't acknowledge Ganon because they just see him as another version of Ganondorf. Then again, I would like Paper Mario even though he's considered by many as being a "third Mario".
This doesn't stand up for me either, for the reasons you mentioned. Indeed, it might even be argued that that is something in his favor. I've mentioned it before, but Ganon would give us a nice pattern of Link > Young/Toon Link, Zelda > Sheik, and Ganondorf > Ganon. Neat for event matches and what have you. Incidentally, it would also work to cover the history of the series. There's little in terms of NES/SNES Zelda representation in Smash.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
You implied he couldn't transform for his final smash because Sakurai isn't doing those anymore....

...then proceeded to list final smashes that still involve transformations, albeit in cutscenes/flurries.

A transformation that involves either a cutscene or a flurry.
Well there's your answer. I did write it as a one whole comment, didn't I ;)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
What if the shocking third party is actually

Scorpion or Sub Zero?

I could kind of see it.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
What if the shocking third party is actually

Scorpion or Sub Zero?

I could kind of see it.
I could also kind of see it but I wouldn't WANT MK characters or the likes of Doomguy if the blood/gore of their respective series, which is an important part of their being iconic, has to be left to the way side

I know Bayo got by but it's not as important to her character as say to Scorpion

paper roxy

Smash Ace
Long as it isn't Tapion.

Seriously, if that Season 2 FighterZ DLC leak is real, everyone on it is cool-- but Tapion. Who. The ****. Wants Tapion.
for some reason (aka because hes a moody anime boy with a twoubwed past.. .... .) even the communities for the older dbz games want tapion. pretty sure ive seen multiple mods of budokai 3 that had tapion

D

Deleted member

Spirits is Battletoads for the Wii.

After beating it, you unlock Banjo and Dixie.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I wonder who's going to be active on here while the direct is on? :p
Definitely not me.

For one, I'll be super tired (It's at 7AM for me so I have to wake up at like 6:50 for it, and absolute the earliest I wake up is at 8AM), and for another, Smashboards is going to inevitably turn into Crashboards.

I'm also not looking forward to the massive amount of salt we're inevitably going to see tomorrow.

If someone were to make a Discord though I'd join it.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I could also kind of see it but I wouldn't WANT MK characters or the likes of Doomguy if the blood/gore of their respective series, which is an important part of their being iconic, has to be left to the way side

I know Bayo got by but it's not as important to her character as say to Scorpion
I mean they were in injustice without gore( I believe) and it worked so it could work for smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom