• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

paper roxy

Smash Ace
I'm just going to say this, Nintendo gains nothing by having their news partners (Such as GameXplain or Nintendo Life) get their reputation besmirched by a real leak. They'd tell them not to cover it. Not vehemently state it's fake ad nauseum
and what would they gain from ending the last direct by deconfirming fan favorites that have been teased by sakurai? theyd get the same thing but instead of on gamexplain or nintendo life, itd be on them

D

Deleted member

I'd lose my goddamn mind. I'd be so, so happy. He's just ridiculous enough to work, and he has precedent in Smash because he was highly requested for Melee.
He was highly requested for Melee? Wow. But how would he work though?

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
PSA: no one knows the full roster. Not Verge, not Jon - no one.

If you were trying to be a leaker, of course you'd throw your hat into the ring.

If you're wrong 'oops, my sources were wrong/ they must have cut that content'.

If you're right, heaps of new followers and you can pretend to be a god for a day or so.

I'm getting out of here for a while, yeesh.

Last edited:

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Important thing people are forgetting. This isn't ideal for Isaac, but it's better than it was.

It just feels like everyone so outraged at the lack of him being playable was taking his presence for granted as if they forgot the last game...
I'm just happy he's there...
I understand that. But if he’s an assist trophy again I’d rather him not be there at all. It’s just a slap in the face after being removed in Smash 4.

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628
I just thought of something... In the history of Smash, has any insider or leak (aside from something like ESRB) ever gotten every character on the roster? Nintendo ALWAYS manages to keep some completely tight-locked. History could repeat itself.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
May I see the proof of this please? Not trying to sound like a ****, legitamely curious.
I'm not gonna go find the inkling rumors, those are a ***** to find with the fact that they are playable now and that buries the old rumors.

But for the inkling rumor. A bunch of insiders learned of the splatoon direct( the last one) and heard Inkling would be revealed there. Hell some actually thought ****ing shovel knight would be shown there.

Actually here I found some stuff on it:
https://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/11/03/sg-roundtable-rumor-betting/

Rogersbase didn't say it, but other insiders said it was playable Inkling.

KamikazePotato

Smash Journeyman
Important thing people are forgetting. This isn't ideal for Isaac, but it's better than it was.

It just feels like everyone so outraged at the lack of him being playable was taking his presence for granted as if they forgot the last game...
Disagree. I would rather not have Isaac in the game then have him as an AT.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird

It shows Sakurai had the courage to acknowledge the Isaac fans and give them something as a little token of appreciation. It may be small, but it's at least something.

if he's a fighter? Happiness galore.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
More often then not he's been right with his predictions with an exceptional few like King K. Rool, Isabelle being a unique fighter and Simon and Richter.
But that's like, 3/4 of what he said on Smash. He's still really not the authority? He didn't even predict everyone is hear. He predicted Ridley and Simon, but he's only as good as his sources.

Ridleyridster

Smash Journeyman
If Shadow, Geno, and Isaac are all shown as ATs....

This will officially be the saltiest moment in Smash history. Corrin and Bayo don't even come CLOSE.
It's going to be unreal the level of salt. I hate that...I want people to be happy and just enjoy the game, but I can also understand feeling let down and bummed that your favorite character didn't get in...

I've just got this funny feeling that all we're getting on Thursday is Incineroar and Ken. Happy for their fans, but...yikes. The salt towards these two is going to be unlike anything I think the Smash community has seen (even WITH DLC undoubtedly on the horizon).

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
I don’t believe this for a second. I really believe that these insiders were baited with false information from there sources and a few of them are piggybacking. One guy saying that he’s playable, another saying he’s an assist trophy, insiders saying the mural is 100% fake but then saying some of the characters are actually confirmed, than confirming characters while others deny the same characters. This is so annoying. Thursday morning cannot come soon enough.
No but insiders are the bastion of truth and they're always right and have never ever gotten anything wrong. You're wrong if you think they're wrong. /s

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
Ok. I'll say it. I'm Team Fake. I think Box Theory is right. Whatever.

Can we ****ing talk about why the heck are we skipping music today???? It's like Nintendo wants to contribute to the insanity we're already going through. There's no other reason to skip it unless it's a new series??? But who?? And WHY since the direct is two days later and not tomorrow???

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Again, That's not what they would do to their news partners. That does more harm than good. The false info would go to those such as Emily Rogers or Verge.
Good enough for me, they're the most-likely ones that make it fake, as others are just saying "multiple characters are missing, not just Incineroar."

Though, that Zhuge guy may be implying something...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Direct is going to be a 20 minute trailer for Ken and a 20 minute trailer for Incineroar.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I find the Isaac AT situation disappointing because, unlike many other characters, Isaac has a ton of loyal fans, great moveset potential...yet he’s AT’d. Not just left alone for potential DLC, AT’d.

Certainly don’t give up until we see it. It was only hinted that people were “putting the pieces together”. It was never stated the puzzle was solved. For all we know, Isaac is playable. Going in, i’d say expect the worst.

For all we know, there may be more. Don’t give up yet. After all, this has been an emotional rollercoaster. If Isaac isn’t playable, it’s sad yes. But this game is amazing as it is. It will be alright.

We’re just over a month from release. I think everybody should just chill for a moment and set their expectations, because being overhyped leads to potential disappointment, whereas tame expectations can lead to amazing, crazy surprise.

Cautiously optimistic. Very cautiously.

NabiscoFelt

Smash Journeyman
And here I was hoping that Isaac would be playable even though I was thinking Grinch was fake... but with Verg straight up coming out and saying he's an assist, and others hinting at it, I'm accepting that my fears were true.

Welp, here's hoping Sora randomly makes base roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom