• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
so guys... i herd that theres proof that it migth be fake.... some one in 4chan said that 2 of the mii's are missing? can anyone try to point out the 3 mii's to see there all there
All 3 Miis are there.
mii blur.png

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Even if this got leaked the reveal will still be hype. It's Isaac, Banjo-Kazooie and Geno! What more could you ask for?

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
For the record, I have no doubt in my mind that Vergeben has and has always had legit insider information. Hell, this leak technically would confirm two more of his characters. This leads me to four scenarios:

A) Incineroar is in the base roster, and this leak is a really well done and elaborate hoax.

B) Incineroar is actually the first DLC character, and not the Square Enix character as we've come to assume up until now.

C) Vergeben's sources have outdated information, and Incineroar was one of the "cuts" in development.

D) Vergeben's sources obtained misinformation, perhaps through an intentional company process to out leakers.

I'm leaning towards possibility D right now.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
If Incineroar really isn't in the game, then the curse of the odd-numbered generations (excluding Gen 1) strikes again: we could get him or some other Alola mon as DLC, but it seems more likely they'd have a Gen 8 Pokemon for promotional purposes.

Which is a shame if true: odd-numbered generations tend to have better Pokemon designs (imo), but release at awkward times in Smash's development cycle.

Also, Pokemon not getting a base game rep isn't so much about it not adhering to some kind of pattern: it's that the series has massive potential for newcomers. Pokemon is always getting new games, with a new cast of recognisable characters each time. It's much easier to create an original new Pokemon rep than it is to try and find a no-longer relevant character from a less popular series.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
Oh my. I wake up to that. That's super ****ing great and looks cool!

Also, I'm 100% sure I see Gardevoir in the sky and not the cloud, doesn't match the sky pattern if it was just the Cloud.

My stance on this?
Look super ****ing cool, supposedly Someone who made an ooopsies or someone who really leaked it.

All of those remaining Newcomers? 5? That's a lot!
However It's weird to not see Incineroar, especially when Vergeben is like double, tripling it down on him.

That Shadow pose is awfully familiar. Ken look a bit disproportionate but that's about it tbh.

Either way, I'm proud of my country.
Just be careful and remember that French are also ******* with the Lapailledor leak, they have a discord just to make fakes leaks.
I agree with you on Gardevoir, even though it could be nothing. Still, I'm not as sold on it as others may be, it just seems like it's too good to be true.
I just realized.

We'd be at 79 characters, including all 3 Miis and Pokemon Trainer as 1.

That's hella awkward.
As I said above, I still think it's possible that Gardevoir could be in there, which would bump up to 80.
Plz let me have hope.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Even if this got leaked the reveal will still be hype. It's Isaac, Banjo-Kazooie and Geno! What more could you ask for?
*screams Dixie internally*

Joking aside, there's no way I can complain about such a roster. I'll try to temper my expectations, though, even if the picture is potato quality, I'm not sold on some of the character arts.

...though that's how we get "Shulk is photoshopped Little Mac", so I'll wait until making a decision.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
For the record, I have no doubt in my mind that Vergeben has and has always had legit insider information. Hell, this leak technically would confirm two more of his characters. This leads me to four scenarios:

A) Incineroar is in the base roster, and this leak is a really well done and elaborate hoax.

B) Incineroar is actually the first DLC character, and not the Square Enix character as we've come to assume up until now.

C) Vergeben's sources have outdated information, and Incineroar was one of the "cuts" in development.

D) Vergeben's sources obtained misinformation, perhaps through an intentional company process to out leakers.

I'm leaning towards possibility D right now.
Pokemon is my favorite Square Enix game

LOL, I got what you were saying

Last edited:

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
I can't believe it's come to this, lol.

It looks like a double sided ornament based on these renders. One side is the Grinch, with Max behind him, and the other side is Max, with the Grinch behind him. I couldn't find a render of the Grinch from behind, but the glare on the image makes it hard to tell if this isn't just the front flipped and painted over to look like the back. In either case, Max is higher up on this than he is in the official picture, but that's not a big deal considering the separated renders exist.
Galaxy brain: the guy who posted this picture actually does work for a graphic design company but he's using that position to leverage a fake leak

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Mach Rider!?

Man, I want to believe that's true but I don't want to be disappointed if not true...

If it's true Mach Rider is in, he'll probably rival Chrom & Simon as one of the more hype newcomers.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Imma just exercise patience and see how this all plays out.

People claiming fake have some very valid points, but I don't feel right writing something off without hard counterevidence.
Of course, I feel the same about believing the leak as well. Not without hard evidence.

I'd definitely love if this were true though.

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
Damn, if this leak is real then I am never asking Sakurai for anything ever again. I'm skeptical based on the vast amount of unique fighters shown. Five is a lot after all and, if we assume we're getting one single direct left... Well, that's gonna be a crazy direct if this is real. Rhythm Heaven and Golden Sun finally get representation, fan favourites in Geno and Banjo make it in, Sakurai gets his patented Retro Rep in Mach Rider and those echoes are the two most expected of the lot...

I really want this to be true, dang it.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I missed 22 pages in just 7 hours? What happened this time?
Everything.

Possible banner leak--small and blurry, but clean leak. Characters moved around like it has previously. Characters are Banjo & Kazooie, Isaac, Geno, Mach Rider, Chorus Kids, Shadow and Ken. The person is purported to be a graphic designer for a French print company with ties to Bandai Namco from an uncovered LinkedIn account, matches a profanity laden text leak from Sept. Major grains of salt, but omfg if true.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Damn, if this leak is real then I am never asking Sakurai for anything ever again. I'm skeptical based on the vast amount of unique fighters shown. Five is a lot after all and, if we assume we're getting one single direct left... Well, that's gonna be a crazy direct if this is real. Rhythm Heaven and Golden Sun finally get representation, fan favourites in Geno and Banjo make it in, Sakurai gets his patented Retro Rep in Mach Rider and those echoes are the two most expected of the lot...

I'd normally say "too good to be true" but I said that before K.Rool reveal, too. :laugh:

I'm still leaning towards good leak but I'll keep this in mind.

KirbyMonadoBoy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shulkinator
It really looks suspicious, but let me ask one thing:
Why would we get 7 new characters, 5 of which are completely new ones from entirely new franchises? If they really had that many more characters, they would have released one or two newcomertrailers by now. We are only a few weeks away, there is no way we get so many new characters & newcomertrailers in just one Direct (it is very likely that there will only be one final Direct at this point). Therefore I don't believe in this leak this sounds more like an utopian dream to me. Please be realistic, guys…

Last edited:

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Why would we get 7 new characters, 5 of which are completely new ones from entirely new franchises? If they really had that many more characters, they would have released one or two newcomertrailers by now. We are only a few weeks away, there is no way we get so many new characters & necomertrailers in just one Direct (it is very likely that there will only be one final Direct at this point). Therefore I don't believe in this leak this sounds more like an utopian dream to me. Please be realistic, guys…
Everyone is here 2.0

Add Incineroar to that. Verg doesn't just have to be outdated, the dev time could just be shifts to make him DLC
Gen 8 Pokemon will be dlc.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

If this is true, and I do wish it was, I could see it being spread out for more than a Direct, especially if the rumors of "two" Directs are true. Still, a lot for one month.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Why would we get 7 new characters, 5 of which are completely new ones from entirely new franchises? If they really had that many more characters, they would have released one or two newcomertrailers by now. We are only a few weeks away, there is no way we get so many new characters & necomertrailers in just one Direct (it is very likely that there will only be one final Direct at this point). Therefore I don't believe in this leak this sounds more like an utopian dream to me. Please be realistic, guys…
To leave a banger of a direct for the end? Idk, I want it to be real, but I'm HIGHLY biased towards every one of the characters so I'm going to stay out if the arguments for now lol

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
If this new thing is true and there aren't any new 'mons in the base roster, nothing saying we couldn't get one as early DLC before Gen 8 is out.

And if they picked one from Gen 7 now...well, Dusk Lycanroc would probably stand out the most after everything that's happened, so I'd be willing to play the long game.

For the record, I'm neutral on this thing so far. Not sure whether to believe it or not. Though I could at least feel satisfied with Geno and Isaac.

Last edited:

Gothitelle

Smash Journeyman
And getting ALL of that right at the same time, without adding other characters as well? Slim, slim chance. And using the same "**** you nintendo" language? Highly suspicious.
All of them popular is not enough, though--that's too many spot on choices including the popular/rumored but excluded ones. I'd go with same person/piggybacking before jumping to coincidence with it lining up exactly.
What do you mean getting all of that right? There's five leaks a minute on /v/, and a lot of them piggyback onto the popular choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom