• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gumzilla

Smash Journeyman
Moveset idea for a Fossil Fighter character!

Hunter

:GCU::GCB:
Ptera
:GCB:
Digging
:GCR::GCB:
Hammer
:GCD::GCB:
Drill

Final Smash:
Tyrant's Breath

Their A attacks are simple swings of their pickaxe

Costumes:

Rosie

Dino

Dina

Each costume will swap colors as the rest of the costumes. Hunter will swap with Rosie and Dino will swap with Dina.

Taunts:
Up Taunt - They hold up a freshly dug up fossil rock
Side Taunt - They laugh with the words "Haha!" appearing in white letters over their heads
Down Taunt - Shakes hips

Stages:

Inside Guhnash

Fighter's Stadium

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Okay, here’s a game.

Sakurai is done with people complaining about over representation. He’s doing five new fire emblem, five new Pokémon, five new mario, five new Zelda, five New Kirby, three new f-zero, three new Kid Icarus. Got another franchise you want to over represent, add either 3 or 5 characters from them.

Aaaand name em
Five Fire Emblem Characters:
Celica
Chrom
Caeda
Hector
Merric because screw realism at this point

Five Pokémon:
Decidueye
Chandelure
Snorlax
Shiftry
Klefki because lol realism

Five Mario Characters:
Captain Toad
Waluigi
Geno
E. Gadd
Petey Piranha because realism is dead now

Five Zelda Characters:
Mipha
Daruk
Urbosa
Revali
Impa

Five Kirby Characters:
Bandana Waddle Dee
Marx
Magolor
Adeleine
Susie Haltmann

Three F-Zero Characters:
Samurai Goroh
Pico
Jody Summers

Three Kid Icarus Characters:
Viridi
Hades
Medusa

AND LET'S GO FOR BROKE AND ADD FIVE FROM CODE NAME: S.T.E.A.M. BECAUSE REALITY IS DEAD:
Henry Fleming
John Henry
Dorothy Gale
Randolph Carter
Abraham Lincoln

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Okay, here’s a game.

Sakurai is done with people complaining about over representation. He’s doing five new fire emblem, five new Pokémon, five new mario, five new Zelda, five New Kirby, three new f-zero, three new Kid Icarus. Got another franchise you want to over represent, add either 3 or 5 characters from them.

Aaaand name em
who I think they'd add:

Fire Emblem: Celica, Lyndis, Chrom, some Fates guy, uhhhhh
Mario: Captain Toad, Waluigi, Daisy, Toadette, Paper Mario
Pokemon: Decidueye, Lycanroc, Incineroar, Gengar, Gardevoir
Zelda: Lana, Champion, Ganon, Impa, Toon Zelda
Kirby: Bandana Dee, Gooey, Marx, Dark Matter, Animal Friends
F-Zero: Black Shadow, Samurai Goroh, Blood Falcon
Kid Icarus: Hades, Viridi, Medusa
My series (Donkey Kong): Dixie, K. Rool, Cranky

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Okay, here’s a game.

Aaaand name em
Fire Emblem: Lyndis, Celica, Hector, Chrom, Kiran(The Fire Emblem Heroes Summoner; let him summon a whole heap of others. BWAHAHAHA.)
Mario: Captain Toad, Waluigi, Daisy, Pauline, Nabbit
Zelda: Impa, Tingle, Vaati, Midna, Skull Kid
Kirby: Bandana Dee, Gooey, Marx, Rick, Dark Matter
F-Zero: Samurai Goroh, Jody Summers, Black Shadow
Kid Icarus: Medusa, Hades, Viridi
Donkey Kong: Dixie, Cranky, Funky, K. Rool, Lanky(hey I think he'd be fun)
Animal Crossing: Isabelle, Tom Nook, K.K. Slider
Punch Out: Doc Louis, Glass Joe, Bald Bull, Mr. Sandman, King Hippo

Last edited:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Speaking of Lucina I was a fan of the idea of making her a spear user

Would prefer that over cutting her
Is that from a real game? If so that would be interesting, but I like better the idea of her paying tribute to Marth's play style since she impersonated him in Awakening.

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
Who would be a better addition? Excitebike or Mach Rider? The idea of a character who rides a bike is a unique fighter, but there are some considerable pros and cons.

Excitebike is clearly more iconic and if there's a new IP that should be introduced in Super Smash Bros, that's definitely one of them. Mach Rider on the other hand is incredibly obscure, but he has a bigger arsenal of abilities.

Excitebike would be unique in that he would have a meter that when full, causes his bike to overheat, possibly making it inflict stronger damage.

Mach Rider's bike has guns and he has a pistol as well. He can also disassemble into particles. His bike also invites innovating new abilities he didn't have in the game.
I'm sticking to my belief that the toy machine gun that Sakurai got for reference is likely for Mach Rider. I thought about it for a bit, and if it were for an XCX character, couldn't he look at an already existing 3D model for it or something? Aside from that, I found this post-64 and pre-Melee questionnaire of sorts from the old Mach Rider SSB4 support thread, it's pretty interesting. Take note of the mention of Takamaru and how Mach Rider was apparently a character he wanted in Smash 2.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I'm sticking to my belief that the toy machine gun that Sakurai got for reference is likely for Mach Rider. I thought about it for a bit, and if it were for an XCX character, couldn't he look at an already existing 3D model for it or something? Aside from that, I found this post-64 and pre-Melee questionnaire of sorts from the old Mach Rider SSB4 support thread, it's pretty interesting. Take note of the mention of Takamaru and how Mach Rider was apparently a character he wanted in Smash 2.
Keep in mind, he offhandedly mentioned Mach Rider when pressed to come up with a character he'd personally like to see playable, and that was over a decade ago. Mach Rider was never intended to be playable as far as we know.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Is that from a real game? If so that would be interesting, but I like better the idea of her paying tribute to Marth's play style since she impersonated him in Awakening.
Yeah, that's her Choose Your Legends alt from Heroes, which is based on her Great Lord appearance in Awakening, which could use lances. The lance itself, Geirskögul, is original to Heroes.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Okay, here’s a game.

Aaaand name em
Fire Emblem:

- Lyn
- Tharja
- Anna
- Azura
- Linde

Mario:

- Pauline
- Waluigi
- Geno
- Captain Toad
- Koopa Troopa

Five Zelda:

- Skull Kid
- Tingle
- Impa
- Urbosa
- Linkle

Pokemon:

- Hawlucha
- Mimikyu
- Decidueye
- Meowth
- Blastoise

Kirby:

- Bandana Dee
- Marx
- Rick
- Adeleine
- Susie

F-Zero:

- Jody Summer
- Samurai Goroh
- Pico

Kid Icarus:

- Virdi
- Medusa
- Hades

Sonic the Hedgehog:

- Tails
- Knuckles
- Eggman

Edit: Forgot Pokemon.

Last edited:

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Changing Lucina to spear-using Brave Lucina would be the Lucina equivalent to replacing Mario with Doctor Mario. Doctor Mario is just a spin-off appearance of Mario, Brave Lucina is just a spin-off appearance of Lucina. Doc/Brave Lucina do not really reflect much about the actual character and would overall be a disservice to the character and their fans.

EDIT: Perhaps that comparison is a little extreme, as Lucina can technically use lances after promotion, but Falchion is actually vital to her as a character and should not be removed.

Last edited:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Changing Lucina to spear-using Brave Lucina would be the Lucina equivalent to replacing Mario with Doctor Mario. Doctor Mario is just a spin-off appearance of Mario, Brave Lucina is just a spin-off appearance of Lucina. Doc/Brave Lucina do not really reflect much about the actual character and would overall be a disservice to the character and their fans.

EDIT: Perhaps that comparison is a little extreme, as Lucina can technically use lances after promotion, but Falchion is actually vital to her as a character and should not be removed.
Doing this would just negate the reason Lucina is playable to begin with. She's playable because Sakurai wanted Lucina as an alt of Marth, but because of her different traits, she is separate. I don't think he wants her if she's a completely different character. It's not worth the time and effort. It would just make more sense to have an actual newcomer and keep Lucina as she is.

The same goes for Dark Pit. If Dark Pit were to become a unique character, he'd probably be a lower priority inclusion.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Okay, here’s a game.

Aaaand name em
Doing them in order I want them too, because why not.

Mario
- Waluigi
- Toad
- Paper Mario
- Fawful
- Geno

Zelda
- Pig Ganon
- Tingle
- Skull Kid
- Masked Link
- Impa

Pokémon (trying to represent all the gens, but they’re also Pokémon I’d like to see in)
- Decidueye
- Guzma & Golisopod (works like Pokémon trainer, but doesn’t switch out)
- Deoxys
- Vanilluxe
- Scizor

Kirby
- Bandana Waddle Dee
- Marx
- Dark Matter
- Escargoon
- Susie (in the Robobot armor, using moves from its different abilities)

Fire Emblem
- Hector
- Azura
- Lyn
- Tiki
- Celica

F-Zero
- Black Shadow (taking Ganondorf’s clone moveset)
- Samurai Goroh
- Any other racer but they stay in their car for the entire match

Kid Icarus
- Hades
- Medusa
- Viridi

Earthbound
- Porky (in his spider-mech from the end of Earthbound)
- Masked Man
- Ninten

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The only things I know about Fossil Fighters is the fact that it has a T-Rex and the main villain is a planet buster.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Okay, here’s a game.

Aaaand name em
Gladly.

Fire Emblem: Celica, Lyn, Hector, Ephraim, Reinhardt

Pokemon: Incineroar, Mimikyu, Hawlucha, Meowth, Goomy

Mario: Toad, Pauline, Paper Mario, Chain Chomp, Professor E. Gadd

Zelda: Ghirahim, Lana, Mipha, Revali, Ganon

Kirby: Bandana Waddle Dee, Susie, Marx, Gooey, Kracko

Kid Icarus: Viridi, Pandora, Hades

Xenoblade: Rex & Pyra, Nia, Malos, Fiora, KOS-MOS

Last edited:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Okay, here’s a game.

Aaaand name em
Mario:
Paper Mario, E. Gadd, Toad, Geno, Waluigi

Zelda:
Impa, Mipha, Daruk, Tetra, Midna

Kirby:
Bandana, Susie, Dark Matter, Marx, Magalor

Pokemon:
Decidueye, Gardevoir, Garchomp, Scizor, Zoroark

Fire Emblem:
Lyn, Celica, idk anything bout fe but an axe, spear and magic user

F-Zero:
Black Shadow, Samurai goroh, I don't know any others lol

Kid icarus:
Medusa, Viridi, Hades

and my choice...

Xenoblade:
Elma, Fiora, Melia, Lin, Nia

Last edited:

DogManStar

Smash Ace
Hey, I saw someone mention Fossil Fighters. I don't think it will happen, but I would be ecstatic to see a character from that series in Smash. Dino/Dina would be my personal choice, since you get an alt situation like Robin with them, and because Champions was personally my favorite game in the series.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Funny how most Nintendo planet busters happen to be from cute series (Kirby, Mario, Fossil Fighters, Pokemon, etc).

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Speaking of Lucina I was a fan of the idea of making her a spear user

Would prefer that over cutting her
If Sakurai did this for her and made her into her own unique character I would legitimately be more hyped than I was when I first saw updated Roy. I may actually main this version of Lucina if she gets announced. Super unlikely but anybody would have said the same prior to Roy's revamp.

tbh making her a spear user would be a waste of time and we know sakurai doesn't like to change up characters too much. Just luigify her a little and we're good
Roy. And define luigify. To me it means taking one characters kit and copy it onto another character then use that moveset as a mold and play around with it until its similar but unique, like Luigi is now. You could easily give Lucina a spear + shield moveset that still mirrors Marth if thats really the route people want taken.

Personally, I think if they go this route they should incorporate shield bashing. Don't keep Lucina as a pure sword-swinging zoner. Giver her a spear for slower-than-Marth zoning and let her utilize shield bashing and maybe a few kick moves for up close.

Once again, its a terribly long shot but this version of Lucina has soo much potential, at least in my mind.

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
Y'all are sleeping on the wildest fire emblem character that could happen. And before you ask im convinced #FE is regarded as a Fire emblem game simply because the characters from it show up in the Fire Emblem cipher card game. I suggest Oribe as shes pretty much the main character of #FE (Shes more important then the main player character plot wise at least) shes a lance user, can use magic, and can also summon cadea as part of her moveset. Tbh I'd pretty much prefer over most fire emblem characters as its so out of left field and weird. If i cant have Hector, Ephraim, Lyn or Celica give me this idol bull crap
cform.png

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Okay, here’s a game.

Aaaand name em
Okay, Donkey Kong first because that's how I roll... or cartwheel.

:4dk: :4diddy:
+ Dixie Kong
+ Funky Kong
+ Cranky Kong
+ King K.Rool
+ Rambi

Mario

:4mario::4luigi::4bowser::4peach::rosalina::4bowserjr:
+ Paper Mario
+ Captain Toad
+ Nabbit
+ Waluigi?
+ Regular Toad.. or Blue Toad.. Classic Toad? Peach's meat shield... that guy.

Pokemon

:4pikachu::4charizard::4jigglypuff::4mewtwo::4lucario::4greninja:
+ Snorlax (Jigglypuff semi-clone but super heavy)
+ Sceptile
+ Mimikyu
+ Blaziken
+ Blastoise / Squirtle

Zelda

:4link:*:4zelda:*(BOTW style):4sheik:*:4ganondorf:*(OOT style):4tlink:
+ IMPA (BOTW special attacks + Hyrule Warriors)
+ Skull Kid
+ Ganon
+ Midna
+ Ghirahim

Fire Emblem

:4marth::4myfriends::4feroy::4robinm::4lucina::4corrinf:
+ Lyn
+ Celica
+ Takumi
+ Hector
+ Alm

Metroid

:4samus::4zss:
+ ANTHONY HIGGS
+ Federation Trooper
+ Chozo Warrior
+ Sylux
+ ... I guess Ridley... If am forced to... with a gun to my head... *ugh*

MOTHER :ness:

:4ness::4lucas:
+ Poo
+ Jeff
+ Flint
+ Masked Man
+ Duster

This was surprisingly easy

Kid Icarus

:4pit::4palutena::4darkpit:
+ Hades
+ Viridi
+ Magnus
+ Pyrron
+ Medusa

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Y'all are sleeping on the wildest fire emblem character that could happen. And before you ask im convinced #FE is regarded as a Fire emblem game simply because the characters from it show up in the Fire Emblem cipher card game. I suggest Oribe as shes pretty much the main character of #FE (Shes more important then the main player character plot wise at least) shes a lance user, can use magic, and can also summon cadea as part of her moveset. Tbh I'd pretty much prefer over most fire emblem characters as its so out of left field and weird. If i cant have Hector, Ephraim, Lyn or Celica give me this idol bull crap View attachment 142587
I am more of an Itsuki guy

But there are two problems.

1) Atlus owns these characters too

2) Avex owns the music and getting licensed songs from them won't be easy, especially when that is most of the game's soundtrack.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Okay, here’s a game.

Aaaand name em
Fire Emblem
-Lyn
-Celica
-Azura
-Sakura
-Camilla

Pokemon
-Decidueye
-Gardevoir
-Primarina
-Garchomp
-Hawlucha

Mario
-Paper Mario
-Waluigi
-Captain Toad
-Pauline
-Geno

Zelda
-Lana
-Skull Kid
-Impa
-Tetra
-Ravio

Kirby:
-Bandana Dee
-Marx
-Rick
-Magolor
-Susie

F-Zero:
-Black Shadow
-Blood Falcon
-Samurai Goroh

Kid Icarus:
-Viridi
-Phosphora
-Magnus

Bayonetta:
-Jeanne
-Rodin
-Masked Lumen

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Okay, here’s a game.

Aaaand name em
Fire Emblem
-Lyn
-Camilla
-Chrom
-Tharja
-Tiki

Pokemon
-Gengar
-Buzzswole
-Decidueye
-Meowth
-Missingno (if this doesn't count just put me down for Ditto or something)

Mario
-Captain Toad
-Waluigi (He's Mario enough right?)
-Thwomp
-Geno
-Paper Mario

Zelda
-Skull Kid
-Impa
-Darik
-Mipha
-Midna

Kirby
-Bandanna Dee
-Adeleine
-Marx
-Whispy Woods
-Dark Matter

F Zero
-Black Shadow
-The Skull
-Samurai Goroh

Kid Icarus
-Viridi
-Medusa
-Eggplant Wizzard

Donkey Kong
-King K Rool
-Cranky Kong
-Funky Kong
-Dixie Kong
-Lanky Kong?

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Fire Emblem:
Tiki
Brave Lucina
Celica
Anna
Lyn

Pokemon:
Decidueye
Ivysaur
Squirtle
Mimikyu
Scizor

Mario:
Daisy
Waluigi
Capt. Toad
Ashley (I'm counting her don't care)
Paper Mario (remove Doc first)

Zelda:
Impa
Toon Zelda
Revamp OG Triforcies
Midna/Wolf Link
Skull Kid

EDIT:

Sonic:
Amy Rose
Knuckles
Eggman
Tails
Shadow (just please don't just make him Sonic)

Last edited:

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
Mario:
Geno, Paper Mario, Fawful, Captain Toad, Lakitu (Mario Kart inspired)

Zelda:
Skull Kid, Happy Mask Salesman, Ganon, Daruk, Impa

Kirby:
Rick/Kine/Coo (down+b swap, maybe), Dark Matter (move/character cloning mechanics?), Bandanna Dee, Mr. Shine with a Mr. Bright clone, Marx

Pokemon:
Slowking, Suicune, Sceptile, Decidueye, and Blue (assume in a perfect world that Red returns and Blue is his counterpart with three Pokemon of his own. Cheating, maybe.)

Fire Emblem:
Lyn, Hector, Tharja with a Henry clone, Ana, Ephraim

F-Zero:
Goroh, Black Shadow, Blood Falcon... eh, the alien and Dr. Jordan? I forget their names.

Kid icarus:
Hades, Medusa, Viridi, Eggplant Wizard (for millennials), I don't know anyone else. A slightly de-cloned Dark Pit?

And my choice!

.... I'm claiming two choices, because one of these is so obligatory it's not fun.

Obligatory - Donkey Kong:
K. Rool, Dixie, Cranky, Funky, ....honestly the Krooks from DKC2 could have a pretty interesting moveset I feel like

Non-obligatory - Shovel Knight:
Shovel Knight, Plague Knight, Specter Knight, King Knight, Polar Knight ;)

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
I am more of an Itsuki guy

But there are two problems.

1) Atlus owns these characters too

2) Avex owns the music and getting licensed songs from them won't be easy, especially when that is most of the game's soundtrack.
I wouldnt mind ikutski but he'd prolly feel too similar to marth even if he summoned chrom (I think Oribe is just more visually distinct also). Im just hoping to see some love from #FE as its mad underated and itd be such a fresh take on a fire emblem character. If an Atlus character like Flynn gets in, i hope some one from #FE also gets in

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Guys listen up. I want to share with you an important story of how Smash has influenced me as a Nintendo fan. It's 1999 and Super Smash Bros. is the hot new game all the kids are playing. My friends and I are enjoying every bit of seeing all our favorite Nintendo characters together... But what's this? We've unlocked two characters.

Ness and Captain Falcon? Who are they?

Whoever they were they were so cool I wanted to know more about them. Amd as a result I ended up discovering some of the greatest games Nintendo ever had. I was so thankful that Smash taught me about these guys.

Fast forward to 2001. Melee is here and Smash is even better. But what's this? I've unlocked two characters?

Marth and Roy? Who are they?

Well like before I learned about them and found out they were Japan only games. But I was curious and wanted to see what the games were like. And I wasn't the only one either. It wasn't long before the first Fire Emblem game came to the West and we haven't looked back.

Realized something. Smash Bros has an amazing power. It has the power to shine light on the unknowns, the underdogs, the Japan exclusives. Put the obscure in the spotlight and give them some glory.

Ever since then I've wanted Smash to feature obscure or Japan only series for that reason. Nintendo has such a huge library of series that very few know about and Smash has the power to showcase these series in a big way!

So when I advocate for certain characters I must admit it is sometimes for the reason of wanting to bring a Japanese game to the West like Fire Emblem. Or develop a larger fanbase for an obscure but loveable franchise like Mother.

Last edited:

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
Koopaul Koopaul

Pretty much why i want Saki from Sin and Punishment as my number 1 character, hes too cool to just be an assist trophy and the series is soooooo good and underated

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Okay, here’s a game.

Aaaand name em
Fire Emblem:
Azura
Anna
Tiki
Celica
Caeda

Pokemon:
Mimikyu
Primarina
Zoroark
Pichu
Venomoth (Now we’re talking :cool:)

Mario:
Captain Toad
Classic Toad
Mail Toad
Paper Toad
Toadette

Kirby:
Bandanna Dee
Magalor
Landia
Adeleine
Marx

Zelda:
Ghost Zelda from Spirit Tracks (Best Zelda ever!)
Mipha
Skull Kid
Beast Ganon
Midna and Wolf Link

F-Zero:
Black Shadow
Jodi Summer
Lily Flyer

Kid Icarus:
Viridi
Hades
Medusa

Disgaea:
Laharl
Mao
Valvatorez
Killia
Seraphina

Last edited:

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Llort, I always see you suggesting Thwomp and I'm kind of fascinated since he's a very very unconventional choice. What is it that elevates Thwomp for you above other Mario enemies?

Gimme the lowdown!
I was gonna save such a tale for the RTC day, but I suppose the cat can be let out of the bag. If the people of Smashboards wish to indulge on the spoilers of Llort's Thwomp lore, click the spoiler button.
It all started on one fateful night, in March of 2016, in which I had a dream that I was playing Smash Bros Melee, where I was indeed playing as the man, myth and legend himself. The sheer oddness of it all lead to me remembering the whole thing. I was fighting a CPU Bowser and Peach on Brinstar Depths. Thwomp even had the exact same model as his Melee trophy, the attention to detail my subconscious put into this dream was absolutely insane.

I also remember later in the dream being EXTREMELY upset that Thwomp was cut from Smash 4. Forget Mewtwo and Roy, Thwomp is the returning veteran we need.

Right after I woke up, I told my friends about it, and we all thought it was hilarious. We all made Thwomp movesets, joked around about Thwomp being our new most wanted character and played only on the PM Bowser Castle level for a good week afterwards. Since then, Thwomp has become one of our staple in-jokes, and I've been leaving traces of Thwomp here and there since they know about this account and lurk my posts frequently. They've been noticing, too. I'm sure they'll be telling me about this tomorrow lol.

MrReyes96

Smash Ace
Okay, here’s a game.

Aaaand name em
Lyn, Celica, Tiki, Ana, Hector
Tyranitar, Deoxys, Genesect, Lyanroc, Decidueye
Waluigi, Daisy, Captain Toad, Pauline, Professor E. Gadd
Impa, Classic Ganon, Midna, Ravio, Fi
Bandana Dee, Marx, Suzie, Magalor, Prince Fluff
Black shadow, samurai goroh, pico
Viridi, Hades, Medusa, Phosphora, Thanatos
Isabelle, Tom Nook, Mr. Resetti, K.K Slider
Callie, Marie, Dj Octavio
Dixie, K. Rool, Cranky, Funky
Doc Louis, Mr. Sandman, King Hippo

EZ

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I wouldnt mind ikutski but he'd prolly feel too similar to marth even if he summoned chrom (I think Oribe is just more visually distinct also). Im just hoping to see some love from #FE as its mad underated and itd be such a fresh take on a fire emblem character. If an Atlus character like Flynn gets in, i hope some one from #FE also gets in
Same. That game happened to be one of my favorite RPG's on the Wii U and had far less flaws than Xenoblade X in comparison.

Wouldn't mind some love from it. Just hope that using at least ONE vocal song from the game won't be too expensive for Smash.

Any Atlus representation is good, a SMT character or someone from TMS.

Tailisu10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TailisuTheTen
3DS FC
3566-1548-8575
Okay, here’s a game.

Aaaand name em
Fire Emblem
Lyn, Celica, Anna, Tiki and Azura.

Pokémon
Decidueye, Mimikyu, Starmie, Ribombee and Sylveon.

Super Mario
Paper Mario, Captain Toad, Waluigi, Daisy and King Boo.

The Legend of Zelda
Skull Kid, Ghirahim, Impa, Midna and Canon Ganondorf Daruk

Kirby

Bandana Dee, Marx, Dark Matter, Galacta Knight and Gooey Daruk

F-Zero
Samurai Goroh, Black Shadow and Pico

Kid Icarus
Medusa, Viridi and Hades

Animal Crossing

Isabelle, Tom Nooks and Mr. Resetti

Last edited:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Hey im back....omg...lol
Sylux, Ridley, New ganondorf, K.Rool for Sma5h.

But this time around im more intrestes if the game is gonna have a deep enough mechanics, features, conten to keep me playing for longer than six months. Mostly depends on online system to be frank.

Gameplayer, Features, & Online over Characters anyday.
Plus its all new school know who ever didnt make it in for old now sure aint now... except Maybe Waluigi or Toad.

I havent thought about it much.....1 post back

That is all....
Plus...where is the character discussion part?

Real@:)Talk

Last edited:

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
Mario:
Captain Toad
Classic Toad
Mail Toad
Paper Toad
Toadette
How could you just forget about TOADBERT? He'd be a perfect representation of the Mario & Luigi RPGs.

Edit:
Hey im back....omg...lol
Sylux, Ridley, New ganondorf, K.Rool for Sma5h.

That is all....
Plus...where is the character discussion part?
Welcome back to the fray- er, boards. You can find all of the Smash 5 Subforums here.

Last edited:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
How could you just forget about TOADBERT? He'd be a perfect representation of the Mario & Luigi RPGs.

Edit:

Welcome back to the fray- er, boards. You can find all of the Smash 5 Subforums here.
Bro where the -------!!is the Sylux thread??
I "thought"? Asusmed :) it would be the new Ridley thread...omg that was like a million pages...omg so many memories of getting warnings and site crashes and duck hunt reveal and everyone died and then got revived at the shrine of reseruction xD

Ahhh...seriously feel like it was yesterday ans yes im am still high as bat
Real@:)Talk

Last edited:

kirbstr

Smash Apprentice
Okay, here’s a game.

Aaaand name em
Mario:

Waluigi
Toad
Kamek
Geno
Paper Mario

Zelda:

Impa
Midna
Tingle
Pig Ganon
Tetra

Pokemon:

Marshadow
Weavile
Ivysuar
Squirtle
Pichu

Kirby:

Bandana Dee
Marx
Magolor
Galacta Knight
Gooey

Donkey Kong:

Dixie Kong
Funky Kong
Cranky Kong
King K. Rool

(I actually really want all these guys in smash 5 tho lol)

Mother:

Flint
Masked Man
Porkey
Jeff
Ninten

Fire Emblem:

Lyn
Chrom
Ephraim
Celica
Inigo :DDD

Xenoblade:

Rex
Pyra
Mythra
Elma

Kid Icarus:

Viridi
Phosphora
Hades
Magnus
Medusa

Splatoon:

Spike
Callie
Marie
Marina Peal

Super Smash Bros:

Master Hand
Crazy Hand
Tabuu
Primid
Galleom

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Guys listen up. I want to share with you an important story of how Smash has influenced me as a Nintendo fan. It's 1999 and Super Smash Bros. is the hot new game all the kids are playing. My friends and I are enjoying every bit of seeing all our favorite Nintendo characters together... But what's this? We've unlocked two characters.

Ness and Captain Falcon? Who are they?

Whoever they were they were so cool I wanted to know more about them. Amd as a result I ended up discovering some of the greatest games Nintendo ever had. I was so thankful that Smash taught me about these guys.

Fast forward to 2001. Melee is here and Smash is even better. But what's this? I've unlocked two characters?

Marth and Roy? Who are they?

Well like before I learned about them and found out they were Japan only games. But I was curious and wanted to see what the games were like. And I wasn't the only one either. It wasn't long before the first Fire Emblem game came to the West and we haven't looked back.

Realized something. Smash Bros has an amazing power. It has the power to shine light on the unknowns, the underdogs, the Japan exclusives. Put the obscure in the spotlight and give them some glory.

Ever since then I've wanted Smash to feature obscure or Japan only series for that reason. Nintendo has such a huge library of series that very few know about and Smash has the power to showcase these series in a big way!

So when I advocate for certain characters I must admit it is sometimes for the reason of wanting to bring a Japanese game to the West like Fire Emblem. Or develop a larger fanbase for an obscure but loveable franchise like Mother.
Yes. This is what happens for every crossover.

Gumzilla

Smash Journeyman
If Daisy got in I think I would like her to represent either Mario Party or the sports games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom