• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrReyes96

Smash Ace
One problem with your examples. They're literally Paya with a different name. Maybe Impa did resemble Paya in her youth, but a young Impa never appeared in the memory cutscenes.
What would be wrong with that though? They’re related so it would make sense. And it’s just fan art there’s no stopping them from making their own design and adding elements of previous young Impa designs

D

Deleted member

Say, everybody talks about Captain Toad, but what about this guy? :troll:

He's a main protagonist in a recent game, isn't he? :p

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
One problem with your examples. They're literally Paya with a different name. Maybe Impa did resemble Paya in her youth, but a young Impa never appeared in the memory cutscenes.
Give her the skyward sword and hyrule warriors hair. boom. Impa.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I want a Goomba or Koopa Troopa as playable somewhere down the line and I'm not even kidding.

They're the henchmen to end all henchmen. I'd prefer Koopa Troopa, but I'd take Goomba too.

Goomba's issue would be he has no limbs to attack with beyond his feet.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I'm starting to think if a 7th gen guy does get in Incenaroar might make more sense.

There are no wrestlers in Smash.
We don't currently have any character with grass and ghost abilities either, aside from Greninja's Shadow Sneak. Unless you also want to count Pac-Man's Smash attacks and Villagers down tilt :p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I want a Goomba or Koopa Troopa as playable somewhere down the line and I'm not even kidding.

They're the henchmen to end all henchmen. I'd prefer Koopa Troopa, but I'd take Goomba too.

At least Captain Goomba has the flag he wears that can be used as a weapon. :p

And also he'd likely be a summoner that utilizes other Goombas or whatever have you. As well as his fellow Captains.

Last edited by a moderator:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483

It'd be pretty nutty to get Koopa Troopa, since I tend to main him in Mario Karts I play (especially now that Inkling Boy, another main, is now in Smash Switch).

Still, I rather have :squirtle: instead. Can do anything a Koopa can, plus more recognizability. I miss that lil' turtle bad.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Ehhhhhhhh. Mario Kart is pretty popular. As is Mario. People might not know Koopa Troopa's name. But anyone who has touched Mario knows the turtles from Mario.

D

Deleted member

It'd be pretty nutty to get Koopa Troopa, since I tend to main him in Mario Karts I play (especially now that Inkling Boy, another main, is now in Smash Switch).

Still, I rather have :squirtle: instead. Can do anything a Koopa can, plus more recognizability. I miss that lil' turtle bad.

Ehhhhhhhh. Mario Kart is pretty popular. As is Mario. People might not know Koopa Troopa's name. But anyone who has touched Mario knows the turtles from Mario.
Ironically, Koopa Troopa in Mario Power Tennis had water-based abilities.

So it can easily take Squirtle's entire moveset minus the Pokémon Change. :troll:

SamuXCI

Smash Cadet
NNID
SamuXCI
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
So, hypothetical scenario for you guys. Take your 2 most desired characters. One you can get in Smash forever while the other is banned from Smash forever. Would you take that offer? My 2 would be Ridley and Banjo-Kazooie. I fear neither have good odds so....I might ban Banjo-Kazooie to get my space dragon. It hurts. :crying:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
So, hypothetical scenario for you guys. Take your 2 most desired characters. One you can get in Smash forever while the other is banned from Smash forever. Would you take that offer? My 2 would be Ridley and Banjo-Kazooie. I fear neither have good odds so....I might ban Banjo-Kazooie to get my space dragon. It hurts. :crying:
This might be cheating, but get Ridley and ban Mimikyu. Mimikyu's only real chance is this game and I'm not extremely hopeful either. I could ban Twintelle as well seeing as it might take her a while to get into the game, buttttttt if Springman is in base she has a shot as dlc.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Elma and Dixie...uhhhhhhh....idk if I can pick...I mean...I guess Dixie cause I've wanted her longer and she's a bigger and more iconic character...but I love Elma and her moveset would be dope...but so would dixie's...........Okay dixie, I said dixie I'm sticking with Dixie, plus she like REALLY deserves imo. One of the most deserving characters along with K Rool and Ridley imo.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Ironically, Koopa Troopa in Mario Power Tennis had water-based abilities.

So it can easily take Squirtle's entire moveset minus the Pokémon Change. :troll:
Hell, Squirtle used Koopa shell sounds in it's withdraw attack and if you jumped on it during it IIRC

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I already went through that with Little Mac and Chrom in Smash 4. :p

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
It'd hurt, but I'd ban Ashley if it meant I could finally get Phoenix Wright in Smash.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Hmm. I'd ban Isabelle if it meant getting Lara Croft.

Sorry baby boo. I don't care how popular you are. You gonna wait on your bench and be an assist trophy.

MrReyes96

Smash Ace
Wonder Red and Phoenix Wright...

I would ban Wonder Red if only because it doesn’t look like the series will get a new entry, and Phoenix Wright is still going strong and deserves to among the third party icons

Last edited:

TheWanderer

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1478-5231-0865
I think the game would probably turn out well in the beginning cuz of all the hype, but it may die down later. But I still can't wait for the release.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Ridley and Rayman?

Woah. I prefer Rayman so I would choose him over Ridley, but it sure is a difficult choice.
Especially when so many people wanted Ridley for so long.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
after doing a bunch of research and recently getting into the series, i find it hard to believe we still have yet to get *any* Dragon Quest content....I think its high time that changed! The Hero from the very first game or Erdrick would be two of the best characters to use IMO. Both are quite iconic (especially to the japanese) dunno how iconic id say they are elsewhere? I dunno what are your guys thoughts on this??

D

Deleted member

I have never cried for a character but when i saw Mewtwo's Trailer of his feet slowly revealing him i must say i became insane, not Etika Ear **** (because i don't like screaming that much) but still.

I was bought to my knees, i lost sight of reality and i told my sister "IT'S THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST!" out loud.

I did that intentionally, because i intentionally act more emotional than i really am (doesn't change the fact that Mewtwo's reveal was the most exciting thing for me in Smash 4 since Mega Man and Lil' Mac's reveal)

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
This game is evil and you should feel bad

BUT

....Ugh, I’ll ban Henry to finally get K. Rool. Returning to the limelight in SmashBros would probably do more good for the King than it would for any hope of S.T.E.A.M striking it big, and it’s not like K. Rool wouldn’t be an awesome pick.

Can Henry at least get a trophy though?

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Oh god. I just realized Etika.

We have to put up with more of his fake over the top reactions while he shows us his collection of Hanes boxer briefs.

On second thought Sakurai please keep us in a news drought till release.

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion

BUT

....Ugh, I’ll ban Henry to finally get K. Rool. Returning to the limelight in SmashBros would probably do more good for the King than it would for any hope of S.T.E.A.M hitting it big, and it’s not like K. Rool wouldn’t be an awesome pick.

Banned from Smash. Not even a trophy
You can no longer go back.
You killed Henry, and in his final breath, he whispered: "I forgive you, Crump."
You'll live with this culpability until the end of times.

MrReyes96

Smash Ace

BUT

....Ugh, I’ll ban Henry to finally get K. Rool. Returning to the limelight in SmashBros would probably do more good for the King than it would for any hope of S.T.E.A.M hitting it big, and it’s not like K. Rool wouldn’t be an awesome pick.

We’re in a similar situation with Wonder Red and Henry :confused:

Chron

Smash Journeyman
Single-Player mode has never been very high on my priority list but it would definitely be nice to have a Sub-Space Emissary type mode.
Guess I'll just have to keep doing this until we get single-player.

Last edited:

MrReyes96

Smash Ace
I think smash run was pretty good for a single player thing, certainly better than smash tour. Bring it back for switch in HD

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
I'd ban Chibi Robo to get Ray. The possibility of the revival of Custom Robo after Ray gets into Smash is too strong a temptation for my heart to resist. Sorry, Cheebs.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Oh god. I just realized Etika.

We have to put up with more of his fake over the top reactions while he shows us his collection of Hanes boxer briefs.

On second thought Sakurai please keep us in a news drought till release.
ooooor you could just not watch his videos? Like, don’t get me wrong; I agree that Etika is incredibly annoying, but it’s not like he’s doing any harm. If people enjoy ruining their headphones listening to a grown-ass man screech about video games in his underwear, then so be it. :p

Troykv

Smash Master
Hmm...

I would want Micaiah about everything... but deleting of existence Bandana Waddle Dee or Adeleine would be so mean.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
ooooor you could just not watch his videos? Like, don’t get me wrong; I agree that Etika is incredibly annoying, but it’s not like he’s doing any harm. If people enjoy ruining their headphones listening to a grown-*** man screech about video games in his underwear, then so be it. :p
The thing is?

I do like reaction videos. Usually he's in EVERYONE's compilation of reaction videos and I do typically skip over him.

But I shouldn't have to do that, when it's very obvious he's the fakest of the fake when it comes to Smash reactions.

He gets excited about literally everything and anyone in the same manner which is just next to impossible for a human being.

I mean I support a **** ton of characters and there are still people I'd just be ''Neat." about it.

He literally screams, throws his chair around, has no pants on, jumps up and down, says the n word 27 times in one minute.

About every reveal.

It's time to stop rewarding him for it and make him actually react as he would naturally by forcing him to do that instead.

Last edited:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Banned from Smash. Not even a trophy
You can no longer go back.
You killed Henry, and in his final breath, he whispered: "I forgive you, Crump."
You'll live with this culpability until the end of times.
brb, going to beat Codename S.T.E.A.M again and post on every fourm I can find about it being an underrated masterpiece.

They won’t forget you Henry, by God I won’t let them forget you :cry:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
The thing is?

I do like reaction videos. Usually he's in EVERYONE's compilation of reaction videos and I do typically skip over him.

But I shouldn't have to do that, when it's very obvious he's the fakest of the fake when it comes to Smash reactions.

He gets excited about literally everything and anyone in the same manner which is just next to impossible for a human being.

I mean I support a **** ton of characters and there are still people I'd just be ''Neat." about it.

He literally screams, throws his chair around, has no pants on, jumps up and down, says the n word 27 times in one minute.

About every reveal.

It's time to stop rewarding him for it and make him actually react as he would naturally by forcing him to do that instead.
In general big reaction channels can go, I think random people making reactions are cool (as long as the actually offer some sort of input instead of just looking at the screen and not talking) but these fake channels that are JUST reactions are annoying imo.

TheMagic1

Smash Cadet
NNID
SwagAlt
I'm probs gonna get attacked for this, but eh

Clones really don't take up space. Yeah yeah, they're lazy, I understand. But that's a reason why they aren't taking up roster space, because they're so easy to make. All of the characters with original movesets are all of the characters they have made in the game. Clones are just there to make the roster look bigger than it actually is, or to bring another type of playstyle to a character without having to put that much effort into it.

Troykv

Smash Master
The thing is?

About every reveal.

Then, uninstall his internet connection and delete his existence out of oblivion... Because people are so over-hyped to care about over-the-top reaction being absurd.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom