• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Guess it depends.

If Atlus is going to break the Persona Playstation Exclusivity, it's now or never. However, lately it's seemed like they're keen on making SMT their defacto Nintendo Exclusive. Which is fine. I more prefer SMT to be honest.
Neither Persona or SMT is PS exclusive. Both have games on Nintendo hand-held consoles.

LetterO

Smash Lord
Is it safe to say that Smash is the best crossover in probably all of entertainment?

Pakky

Smash Hero
Boy, I needed a statement to be made and Joker has fulfilled that, well done!

Last edited:

XLIFE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
fevariblaze
Or that is his final smash
Oh man, you're not even wrong. That'd be amazing. I'm too excited for all the potential stuff to be included.

I'm really curious about which demons will be in his moveset, trailer didn't showcase his wildcard ability so maybe he just gets Arsene?

Last edited:

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Nah, Nintendo specifically implied that these will all be new franchises yet to be seen in Smash.
Really? I thought Reggie said the characters were all new to Smash (like no veterans). Or did he mean franchises? If so, oof, RIP lots of characters chances

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
So, Smash is now a better SMT X FE than Tokyo Mirage Sessions.
Could you imagine Chrom getting his TMS look when Joker is released?

That said, I'd say more better PSABR than SMT X FE, considering the SMT section of that SMT X FE Trailer had no Persona characters.

Plumstar

Smash Apprentice
It's been a while since I posted on this thread, mainly just to avoid spoilers. Congratulations to the Joker fans for getting their character in Smash! I've never played a Persona game and heard very good things about it, especially its music (and after looking at that reveal multiple times I can see why!). I was planning to play it eventually, but now that Joker is in Smash I expect a port to drop very soon for the Switch!
Also, I haven't been following on Verg's updates and just heard that he was wrong on one of his leaks? Was it about the Square Enix character? I'd like to get updated on these things again plz, I missed Smashboards!

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Really? I thought Reggie said the characters were all new to Smash (like no veterans). Or did he mean franchises? If so, oof, RIP lots of characters chances
Oh, wellllll...
Yeah, you could take it that way I suppose, but that was how I personally interpreted it.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I wouldn't take Reggie's words too closely to heart. I do think Joker changed a lot of things tonight, but I wouldn't expect them all to be as shocking as he is.

I do think we're still gonna get characters people wanted but never expected they'd get in Smash.

Some of those are still fan favorites like Banjo, Geno, etc.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Neither Persona or SMT is PS exclusive. Both have games on Nintendo hand-held consoles.
I meant the mainline titles. The mainline titles have RECENTLY appeared on those consoles as respective exclusives.

Persona 4 and 5. PS exclusive. SMT IV, Apocalypse, and now V. Nintendo exclusive. I'm not sure if they'll change that because it seems intentional but, like I said, it depends.

Persona Q is on Nintendo consoles yeah but the mainline titles have all been PS exclusives.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Oh man, you're not even wrong. That'd be amazing. I'm too excited for all the potential stuff to be included.

I'm really curious about which demons will be in his moveset, trailer didn't showcase his wildcard ability so maybe he just gets Arsene?
It's safe to say he'll stick to his initial Persona.

inb4 his Final Smash is just reaching rank 10 confidant with his opponent.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Who was everyone's first Spirit when they fired up the game?

I was given Rabbid Mario.
Mine was Don Flamenco.

My first Spirit after that was Mecha Ridley (I have yet to enter World of Light) and my Smash Tag had K. Rool on it.

Last edited:

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Oh, well...
You could take it that way I suppose, but that was how I personally interpreted it.
The second DLC character will probably make it clear, unless Reggie clarifies the statement. I thought that might be a possibility anyway with the characters coming with stages and music

Pakky

Smash Hero
Nah, Nintendo specifically implied that these will all be new franchises yet to be seen in Smash.
I'm leaning more with you but I'm going to wait.

Either way we're in for some exciting stuff, I personally had some Nintendo hold-outs however Joker is a huge statement and to make at the Game Awards MATTERS, like A LOT.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
I wouldn't take Reggie's words too closely to heart. I do think Joker changed a lot of things tonight, but I wouldn't expect them all to be as shocking as he is.

I do think we're still gonna get characters people wanted but never expected they'd get in Smash.

Some of those are still fan favorites like Banjo, Geno, etc.
I think Geno's pretty much all but dead at this point. Banjo seems a bit more plausible now though.

D

Deleted member

Wow. I've seen, like, 5 people with Joker avatars lol. The hype is real right now.

pap64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pappel64
Switch FC
2966 0225 9209
Reminder that Joker will have this as one of his victory animations
It's funny you bring this up, because the new victory splash screens have a very Persona flare to them.

You know what else we can expect (if licensing issues are not a thing)?

I hope that Atlus does not become stingy like Square and gives Nintendo the licensing rights for all the Persona 5 soundtrack songs because that soundtrack is mighty fine and would make perfect battle themes.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Not related to anything, but it's nice to see we are getting more guest fighters from this millennium.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
One of my first Spirits in World of Light is Tron Bonne.

I cry. I cry and I have been blessed.

Pakky

Smash Hero
The second DLC character will probably make it clear, unless Reggie clarifies the statement. I thought that might be a possibility anyway with the characters coming with stages and music
Here's the thing about that last part and why I think it might be 'all new' to the series.

Unless we're talking about Pokemon and or FE who get new locals and music all the time, remaining folks from franchises in smash kind of do and don't have additions to contribute.

Like say Porky potentially would, but Dixie Kong or BWD? Maybe not.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom