• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash U mains?

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
I've already played my fair share of the 3DS version. And I mained some characters. So I started wondering If I'm gonna change my mains depending on the Wii U controls.. I'm gonna use the GC controller and maybe the Hori fight pad.

Raijinken

Smash Master
I'm expecting my main to be more relevant in the U version since input errors and multiplayer lag will be less of an issue.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Probably still Mega Man, and may get into Sheik again since she's amazing. Above all, the controls make a difference allowing me to start maining Luigi again. I'll need to see if I can get good with him like I did in Brawl. On 3ds not so much.

KatKit

Smash Lord
I'm sticking to Palutena, Wii Fit Trainer, Peach, and Zelda. Though now I might pick up Rosalina because of the controls.

LF2K

Floor Diver
I'll be sticking to my main 3: Ness, Villager, and Mega Man. But with an actual controller, I may experiment and try out more.

Smallgenie549

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smallgenie549
I think most of my characters will stay the same, but I can see some being more fun on the Wii U, like Robin and Ness.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Oh, wait a sec. Hold up. I'll have both versions. I should main Mewtwo just because. Ahhhh yeah.

Last edited:

ConsummateK

Smash Cadet
Link, because I need all the focused practice that I can get with a single character.

Spirst

Duck Hunt and Greninja. Both will benefit from the lovely C-stick/real control stick and have been my mains in the 3DS so why not the Wii U?

Aus0115

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aus0116
Still gonna be using my usual 4. Might pick up some more secondaries tho ^_^

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman
I'll still be using Toon Link and Pikachu occasionally; however, I'll definitely be giving Robin, Villager and Iggy/Ludwig a go.

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
How long I stick with Zelda in the Wii U version is dependent on how much easier it is to land her lightning kicks.

I'll be using Palutena, Sheik, Zelda, and Dark Pit mostly. Sprinkled with some Link and Ike.

BKTang'

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Konjiki-Jizo
3DS FC
1950-9517-4990
I'll still use my actual main Palutena, and hope to be better thanks to the GC controller (at least do the correct inputs).
Then I'll probably play as Shulk, Pac-Man, Lucina and Jigglypuff

Top Bottom