• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMASH TAGS! your opinions on them?

grizby2

Smash Lord
I love'em! i'll never melt them down into SP. its like having tiny little trophies ya know?
also, I like to keep track of how many people ive beaten!

I've collected 301 smash tags so far! there sure are some spicy peeps online i'll tell ya H'what!

how about you guys? do you like collecting them? do you melt them down? do you even like'm?

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I love'em! i'll never melt them down into SP. its like having tiny little trophies ya know?
also, I like to keep track of how many people ive beaten!

I've collected 301 smash tags so far! there sure are some spicy peeps online i'll tell ya H'what!

how about you guys? do you like collecting them? do you melt them down? do you even like'm?
Correction: Smash tags are sold for gold.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
They're a decent addition but I haven't really gone back to look at the ones I've claimed

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
I love them. I save the ones from my friends and from really good matches or if I played a really good set with someone. It’s nice to go back after a play sesh online and just look at all the smash tags you took. I think they’re cool af

I don’t really care about selling them. I don’t give a **** about buying spirits and I’d rather have the momento of winning. They’re just really cool imo

Last edited:

Mischiiii

Smash Apprentice
Sold my first 20 tags. But after i saw that they aren’t worth much i started to keep the as a record of how many people I’ve beaten. But i rarely check the number.

Veggieburger_802

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-7958-8584-9570
I also think they're great. You just have to take the number with a grain of salt, because it's really only half the story: there's also a list of people—maybe a much longer list—who beat you and got your smash tag. But if they showed that list, then it would basically function as a win/loss ratio, which wouldn't be as encouraging or fun. The appeal of the smash tag system is that by focusing on your victories, it gives you a positive—if obfuscatory—perspective.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I also think they're great. You just have to take the number with a grain of salt, because it's really only half the story: there's also a list of people—maybe a much longer list—who beat you and got your smash tag. But if they showed that list, then it would basically function as a win/loss ratio, which wouldn't be as encouraging or fun. The appeal of the smash tag system is that by focusing on your victories, it gives you a positive—if obfuscatory—perspective.
I'm pretty sure that's also the mindset behind GSP. Instead of focusing on how many people outclass you, it shows you how many people you outclass.

D

Deleted member

I think it's ok, albeit a little bit useless. Aside from the achievement it doesn't unlock anything to collect them, and the rest is pocket change compared to regular matches.

That said, it is pretty neat to have a history on who you've beat on a shortterm basis.

Oneiros5321

Smash Apprentice
I really don't think it's useful...I opened this menu once when I started to play online and never went back to it. Don't know how much I have and will probably never know.

ALiBi212

Smash Cadet
NNID
ALiBi212
I’d love more details added to them. A few opponent details that I think would make them more interesting:
- GSP of opponent
- Character opponent was playing
- Country of opponent
- A button to give the opponent a thumbs up, saying “that was a great match”. I’d love if we could do this and grant the opponent some recognition.

Top Bottom