• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Switch Speculation: Animal Crossing

animal crossing.jpg

Note: These articles are more for discussion purposes before E3. They'll be short, sweet, and to the point for a brief recap and looking into possible characters/stages for each series in Smash Bros. These also go by a "Don't expect too much" philosophy. Please remember to be civil in the comments discussion.

Animal Crossing's introduction in Smash was an interesting case - it had one stage in Super Smash Bros. Brawl but no characters to go with it. Afterwards, the series received one character in Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U along with one new stage in each version, as well as the return of Smashville in Smash Wii U, bringing the total to three.

Returning Characters

Villager will most likely return; I'm about 99% positive on that one.

New Characters

If Animal Crossing even gets a second character, Tom Nook seems to be a likely hook for that. Isabelle and KK Slider are also candidates worth considering, especially given Isabelle's popularity. It's doubtful that the series will have a new characters, but it's also a pretty beloved Nintendo franchise, both in and out of Smash.

Returning Stages

Smashville or Town and City will probably make a return.

New Stages

Something from Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp or possibly a future Animal Crossing on Switch seem plausible.

Author's Note: What are your thoughts on the Animal Crossing franchise? What Animal Crossing related content would you like to see in Smash for Switch? Let us know in the comments below!

Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

It makes me wonder if Smashville is indeed returning, given how popular it is in competitive Brawl, PM, and SSB4.

If it didn't return, then it would be something very difficult to accept.

Isabelle would just be a clone of Villager, if you ask me. I can kinda see her being an alt for Villager, though...? I think Animal Crossing is fine where it is as far as Smash Bros. goes.

Top Bottom