• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Sundays -Hamden, CT 9/28/08

Olimar369

Smash Journeyman
***I just realized I posted this in Online Tournament section... Reposted to Tournament listings... Need to figure out how to delete this post***

We’re going to try to start up SMASH SUNDAYS again!!! We will start this Sunday around 12 ish in the afternoon. The address will be 36 New Road (Special thanks to all in that house for letting us host there!) There will be two official formats to play in: Singles and Doubles. The entry fee will be 5$ CASH. That means 5$ each time you want to enter a format, so if you want to play in singles and doubles, it will be a total of 10$. There will be no items and I will post a list of banned stages within a day or so.

The rules are as follows:
RULES: All characters and strategies are viable (unless you’re just trying to waste time. The specific time wasting strategies I’m referring to can be looked up at smashboards.com as well any we will be mostly following the recommended rules from smashboards. The smashboards rules can be found here http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=5097738#post5097738). We will run 2/3 three stock matches, with a 10 minute time maximum time limit Final match will either be a best of 3 or best of 5 match depending on time constraints. Hopefully best of 5. Level Selection will be as shown on recommended list on smashboards. (you can again use the above link)
This is open to anyone, not just QU students, bring your friends, family, co-workers etc.
Bring your own controllers if you want to play with a decent controller or else you might be issued a semi working one. Don’t forget you can save your control scheme on your wii motes.
If you need a ride from quinnipiac let me know in an e-mail, we will provide some rides out of the kindness of our hearts.
Food and drinks will not be provided but you can bring/order your own. If you want to bring any alcohol you can, you must provide valid ID that you are 21 to us b4 you drink (sorry we’re trying to keep this legit) Smoking outside only (again keep it legal). Park on the street not in the driveway.
Prizes Winner will take about 70% of entry fees, while 2nd place will get 20% and the other 10% will go to organizer/s. Actual prize money will be determined on the day of the tourney after seeing how many people attend. If you have any questions/comments send a text to Jason (203) 298-8454 or you can contact his AIM at anhstinx or you can e-mail him at Jason.Croog@quinnipaic.edu

Starter Stages will be

1. Final Destination
2. Smashville
3. Battlefield
4. Yoshi's Island
5. Delfino

Banned Stage list

• Hyrule
• New Pork City
• Mario Bros.
• Wario Ware
• Spear Pillar
• Shadow Moses
• Flat Zone2
• Mario Circuit
• Onett
• 75m
• Skyworld
• Pokemon Stadium 2
• Bridge of Eldin
• Pictochat
• Green Greens*
• Port Town Aero Drive
• Rumble Falls
• The Summit
• Big Blue
• Hanenbow
• Both Mushroomy Kingdom Stages

Everything else will be a counterpick.

* = up to a very limited debate that will be held before the tournament

CONTACT
If you have any questions/comments send a text to Jason (203) 298-8454 or you can contact his AIM at anhstinx or you can e-mail him at Jason.Croog@quinnipaic.edu

Top Bottom