• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Studios 24 hour Marathon with Smash 3DS Giveaways!

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Smash Studios, recently sponsored by Smashboards, has started a 24 hour+ marathon of streaming Super Smash Brothers 3DS. While many players are getting their first hands-on impression of the game, some may not have been able to afford it quite yet. If this is you then you may be in luck! Smash Studios will be giving out something every hour during their marathon. This includes 12 copies of Super Smash Brothers 3DS! They'll also be giving away a 3DS XL. Check out their Twitch channel here!

For every 5 subscribers they get they will be adding 1 hour to the marathon - as of this writing the marathon is now 26 hours long. Check out the embed link below and make sure to tune into Smash Studios over the next 24 hours for a chance to win!

Last edited:

Shog

Smash Ace
Ugh Twitch...
why must everybody stream the same game...why. And the worst thing about Twitch? If you miss it, you can't rewatch it easily.

It is like bad TV on steroids.

Sorry for the Minirant, but can't be people more creative to earn their money?

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Wow! A givaway! I can't join it though cuz I don't have Twitch

Pabmyster

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pabmyster
Relax dude, it's a new game and people are going to stream it. If you don't like twitch, or even smash for that matter, keep it to yourself.

People grow their channels by streaming new games, and obviously there is interest in watching it or else they wouldn't do it. And if you think twitch is hard to navigate, then I feel a deep sadness for you. For some people, streaming is their lives and source of income. I mean, who wouldn't want to play video games all day for money?

Shog

Smash Ace
Relax dude, it's a new game and people are going to stream it. If you don't like twitch, or even smash for that matter, keep it to yourself.
If Melee Fanboys are allowed to express their opinion here easily, I can say whatever I want about Twitch. Furthermore, where did I talk that Smash sucks, wow. Point it out please( I love Smash what the?)

Pabmyster said:
if you think twitch is hard to navigate, then I feel a deep sadness for you.
You can't be serious if you say Twitch is easy to use.
Seriously, the only thing you feel is "Crap, he drives my money away!" Because obviously you don't care about your fans if you stream: I had enough experiences on Twitch where only the subscribed people got talked to at all. Just a point I have to state.

Pabmyster said:
For some people, streaming is their lives and source of income. I mean, who wouldn't want to play video games all day for money?
Yeah, that you can use nowadays content that isn't even yours and get money with little to no effort is quite sad indeed. That is why I flag most channels on Youtube using Nintendo/other Companies IP's without credit.

Because I don't want my content later to be abused like that, too.

RFN

Smash Rookie
^ He's tight pahaha. I hope everyone enjoys Smash43DS and the marathon! Peace in

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
I agree with Shog and his point on Twitch. Twitch really needs an overhaul with its navigation in general. It could be much, much better. I agree with pretty much everything. I don't know how much money you can make on Twitch for the first time, but it's extremely easy to do so. Let's not forget that you can have ads for even more money.

As for this givaway, it's nice but I don't subscribe to anything on Twitch since $4.99 isn't worth using for me, I just like to watch the stream, and I don't really use the chat function / emotes at all.

So yeah, I won't be getting another game anytime soon.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I am poor and can't afford the game just yet, but I can't watch Twitch streams, either. My phone isn't powerful enough to load them and the library has horrible internet that can barely play Youtube videos at a decent resolution. I don't have my own computer. Besides, from these comments it seems it costs money to be a premium member of Twitch, and it'd just be a lottery to win the copy of the game...

I wish you success, Smash Studios, but I don't think I can participate, even though it sounds like just the thing I would like to do. I have to work tonight, anyway. Have fun, everydody!

Pabmyster

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pabmyster
If Melee Fanboys are allowed to express their opinion here easily, I can say whatever I want about Twitch. Furthermore, where did I talk that Smash sucks, wow. Point it out please( I love Smash what the?)

You can't be serious if you say Twitch is easy to use.
Seriously, the only thing you feel is "Crap, he drives my money away!" Because obviously you don't care about your fans if you stream: I had enough experiences on Twitch where only the subscribed people got talked to at all. Just a point I have to state.

Yeah, that you can use nowadays content that isn't even yours and get money with little to no effort is quite sad indeed. That is why I flag most channels on Youtube using Nintendo/other Companies IP's without credit.

Because I don't want my content later to be abused like that, too.
Wow you're one of THOSE people lol. Just saying "Melee fanboy" pisses people off, I hope you know. Especially at a time with flame wars between two games in the same series, you're seem like one of the people who would purposefully bash on Melee because it's an old game or something, and burn bridges in the Smash community, which is definitely not what we need at this time. You must be new here, or else you wouldn't have that kind of tone.

Have you realized how much streaming sites like Twitch have been able to grow the Smash community? You've obviously had very minimal experience with Twitch, though i'm not trying to defend them, and there are many things wrong with the UI itself. People will spend money as they please, and if they enjoy something someone does without expecting anything in return, they will support that person.

What content do you provide, besides the BS spewing from the letters you type on screen? Next time you try to pick apart an opinion, just remember you're stupid comments that have no merit are not getting you anywhere. Game devs create things with the mindset that people may talk about or show gameplay of there game, and believe it or not, that is more publicity for potential customer. If there is a demand for something, people will deliver, and that's why people stream the same game. You don't have to watch, you know.

TheRage

Smash Apprentice
Smash Studios, recently sponsored by Smashboards, has started a 24 hour+ marathon of streaming Super Smash Brothers 3DS. While many players are getting their first hands-on impression of the game, some may not have been able to afford it quite yet. If this is you then you may be in luck! Smash Studios will be giving out something every hour during their marathon. This includes 12 copies of Super Smash Brothers 3DS! They'll also be giving away a 3DS XL. Check out their Twitch channel here!

For every 5 subscribers they get they will be adding 1 hour to the marathon - as of this writing the marathon is now 26 hours long. Check out the embed link below and make sure to tune into Smash Studios over the next 24 hours for a chance to win!

Looks like I missed out (had school and all), maybe next time...

Top Bottom