• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Science: Jigglypuff's Rest Kill Percents In Smash 4

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
There are some problems with this

-Doesn't take account for different stage ceiling heights (some are higher than others)
-Doesn't take account for Rage
-Doesn't take account for DI
-Doesn't include the Mii Fighters
Smash Science is never accurate, which is why we never rely on it :troll:

Gutei

Smash Cadet
...my thought on the matter is to not even go for a rest unless you already know for sure that it's going to work. Jiggs is alright enough in Sm4sh that you can rack up damage quick enough if you're careful and at least somewhat offensive. Just don't get hit, right?

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Is there an algorithm for how much extra damage he takes? Is it really enough to be major like that?
Not really. Before the patch he took 1.6x extra damage, now he only takes 1.3x extra.
But anyway, this was a good video. Does my heart good to see Lord Jigglypuff get the attention she deserves.

Liggli

Smash Apprentice
Lucario with 100%, doing a Double Team.
When does it KO? (It seems to be unaffected by what attack it reacted to)

Random4811

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Random4811
3DS FC
3093-7532-1720
As a pocket Jpuff player, I always try remember 55% as the general kill percent of rest.

I almost never have an oponent at exactly 55%, but I can at least remember not to try and use it before then.
I start trying to snake it out at 40, because by the time I get a good opening, they're at at least 60-70. If I remember right, 80 and up with some rage is kill % for bair on some characters off ledge, so its not even worth the rest other than for respect points at that level.

User52

Smash Cadet
NNID
User52
There are some problems with this

-Doesn't take account for different stage ceiling heights (some are higher than others)
-Doesn't take account for Rage
-Doesn't take account for DI
-Doesn't include the Mii Fighters
Obviously. It's a general idea, not a guarantee. The point is so people know the approximate danger zone. If it accounted for all that, the list would be huge.

Hard_Sprinkle

Smash Rookie
So, as seen in the vid, every kill was against a CPU. Against any competent player, Vectoring is a huge variable that is, sadly, not covered in this info. Still saving the spread sheet though for a rough reference

TKDbeast

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kyle
So, as seen in the vid, every kill was against a CPU. Against any competent player, Vectoring is a huge variable that is, sadly, not covered in this info. Still saving the spread sheet though for a rough reference
Vectoring was changed back to DI a while ago.

TriTails

Smash Lord
Rest kills everybody but Shield Shulk below bleeping 100%. Hell, below 75%!

Darn you Rest, for stealing the almighty power Fire Jump Punch used to have :p.

Zurreal

Smash Rookie
*Mondado The M2K Monando meme was getting kinda old, so I'm glad Smashcapps provided a new one for us. THIS IS THE MONDADO'S POWER

Top Bottom