• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Science: Jigglypuff's Rest Kill Percents In Smash 4

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~

"One good rest is worth a thousand misses." - Hungrybox

Youtube channel Smash Highlights has released another excellent Smash Science video to help improve your gameplay, this time starring Jigglypuff! It covers the percents that characters (including Shulk's various Mondado stances) only missing the Miis (since their variable weights would be difficult to test). Watch the video below to see who dies and when!

If the video is too fast for the eyes, check out the spreadsheet that was included in the video description. Hopefully this can help Jigglypuff mains know when just the right moment is to unleash the adorable yet fatal blow that is Rest!

SmashCapps wants deadly napping powers too! Follow him on Twitter to level him up so her can learn Rest!

Last edited:

Crimson Ace

Smash Cadet
NNID
BlackestKnight
3DS FC
2681-0941-8621
Damn that's impressive. Who knew Jigs could do something other than float around and use aerials

CNMNE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CNMNE
3DS FC
2895-8158-1141
Um, everybody knew that, Jiggly is a thug. U know his throws are on point and that up tilt has max combo potential.

CNMNE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CNMNE
3DS FC
2895-8158-1141
Wow, didn't mean to sound so salty, but yea. sry.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Bowser isn't the second best? Weight tiers make no sense :crazy:
Weight isn't the only factor for how far you fly after being hit. Neither is DI. Weight seems to have more of a role in determining how far you slide/go horizontally after a hit more than it does vertically. Either that or vertical height is easier to achieve than horizontal.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Nope, I still believe these percent kills are wrong.

Bowser dies at 57%, not 55%. Plus, it's training mode, no DI was involved and not even rage.

Pyr

Smash Lord
Nope, I still believe these percent kills are wrong.

Bowser dies at 57%, not 55%. Plus, it's training mode, no DI was involved and not even rage.
I don't think the General idea of this changes despite those 2% "flaws."

Assassannerr

Smash Rookie
NNID
Bookkannerr
As a pocket Jpuff player, I always try remember 55% as the general kill percent of rest.

I almost never have an oponent at exactly 55%, but I can at least remember not to try and use it before then.

Takehiko

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoldedMachi
The puff forums already figured this out during the 3ds days, but i guess more info spread? Yay?
Wait, you guys actually figured out a lot about your character during the 3ds days? All the DK boards did was complain about how things changed for him.

MustDash <NeDave>

Smash Cadet
NNID
NeDavid
3DS FC
1289-8218-1036
I will keep that kill % in mind, I've used jigs for fun sometimes and it's good to know when to use rest.:4jigglypuff:

BWG_Zeta

Smash Extrordinaire'
jiggs still aint the same it used to be.... :/
But thats just from a melee jiggs perspective

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
There are some problems with this

-Doesn't take account for different stage ceiling heights (some are higher than others)
-Doesn't take account for Rage
-Doesn't take account for DI
-Doesn't include the Mii Fighters

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
I usually very rest kills out of a sing (for glory players are so s
Stupid sometimes)

And that usually requires high percentage so they dont mash awake too early

Sneaky boy Nick

Smash Journeyman
No, but he takes more damage, so it kind of makes sense that rest would do more damage and therefore launch him further.
Is there an algorithm for how much extra damage he takes? Is it really enough to be major like that?

Starkiller2

Smash Cadet
Bowser isn't the second best? Weight tiers make no sense :crazy:
Like the other guy said, weight isn't the only factor. Weight merely determines how much knockback one takes. Bowser is the heaviest, so it makes sense to say that he should die at the highest percent. However, Rest kills off of the top and as such fall speed plays a big role in survivability.

Silvalfo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Silvalfo
An informative, awesome smash video with a remix of my favorite Streets of Rage 2 song?

Good lord, I couldn't ask for more.

jayeldeee

Smash Journeyman
Wait a minute, it only showed omega Kalos though. How many stages do these percents work for on legal stages?

SHiFT_

Smash Apprentice
Wait a minute, it only showed omega Kalos though. How many stages do these percents work for on legal stages?
I had the same thought... Blast zones vary. It certainly wouldn't hurt to add percentages for Smashville, Battlefield, PS2 if the community realizes that it's a perfectly viable counter-pick in Sm4sh, etc.

Last edited:

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
And the lowest percent a rest from Jigglypuff can kill at is used against..........ironically another Jigglypuff. Go figure.

Top Bottom