• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Reformation II @ Gameware Monthly 17 - May 21st

'V'

Smash Lord
Well, guys... It's been a while!!!

For the past few Gameware Monthlies, Gary, Stephen, and myself have been thinking that these tourneys have been going very well and that everyone's been having fun. My end of the tourney side has been running extremely well from a few named tournaments, those including last night's Pokemon tournament and the first Smash Reformation back in last September. TvC has proven itself to also be a nice staple as the tourney to take place in between Gary's Street Fighter and my random tourneys.

Now that I feel that I'm at least a decent TO, I have decided to take my two most successful tourneys (Melee and Pokemon) and turn them into alternating bi-monthlies, starting with next month's Gameware Monthly 17. So, without further ado, I bring to you...

Smash Reformation II - (May 21st)

Along with these events will be:

Super Street Fighter 4
Yu-gi-oh! - Trading Card Game

Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/event.php?eid=120493387960745

Location: Gameware on 3151 College Dr - Baton Rouge, LA 70808

- Singles ONLY

- Sign-ups start at 6:00 p.m.

- Tourney starts at 7:30 p.m.

- $5 Entry Fee - $1 Venue Fee

- Double Elimination Bracket (Seeded by LOCATION) - 60/30/10 Cash Split

- Bring Your Own Controller

The Ruleset:

4-Stock
8-Minute Time Limit
Items set to "None"
Best 2 of 3 games (Winner's, Loser's, and Grand Finals are 3 of 5)

The NEW Stage List :

Starter

Battlefield
Dream Land 64
Final Destination
Fountain of Dreams
Yoshi's Story

Counterpick

Brinstar
Kongo Jungle 64
Poke Floats
Pokemon Stadium
Rainbow Cruise

Banned

The rest

The Procedure:

- Game 1 is played on one of the starter stages. At this time, both players stage strike, meaning that each one of you eliminates one stage until one is left, then you play on that stage.

- Game 2 starts the counterpick system in a sense if you so choose. It goes like this: Loser of Game 1 chooses the next stage for Game 2, then the winner of Game 1 picks his/her character, then the loser of Game 1 picks his/her character. Game 2 then begins. The process for Game 3 is the same if the match gets to it.

- When Game 2 starts, both players each get one stage ban, meaning whatever stage a person decides to ban, that stage cannot be picked for the duration of the match.

Extra rules:

- Wobbling IS allowed, but it must not go beyond 200% to prevent excessive stalling.

- Dave's Stupid Rule is applied - A player may not pick a stage that he/she has already won on.

- Ties are broken by stocks, then percentage. If stocks AND percentages are equal, then the players play a 1-stock game on a starter stage via stage striking for 3 minutes to determine the winner.

- If a player ends a game with a suicide tactic while taking the opponent's last stock (ex. Kirbyciding), the person who initiated the tactic wins the game.

- Pausing is prohibited unless there's an emergency, in which case the match can be reset if players agree. Otherwise, the player who paused will be disqualified.

'V'

Smash Lord
Results are go!!!

1. Kyle - (Marth) - $32.50
1. Lee - (Sheik) - $32.50
3. RSIA - (Fox/Falco) - $7
4. Setsuma - (Fox/Falco)
5. EET - (Peach/Sheik)
5. V - (Random)
7. TaylorHJ - (Marth)
7. Cyphus - (Doc/Falco)
9. Jackets
9. Coby
9. Avery
9. Salt
13. Batto
13. Ken
13. Pritch
13. Hats
17. Candul
17. Turazrok

Thanks everyone for coming. It was a fun time.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Brawl Minus?! BRAWL MINUS?!?!?! please vaughn ;)

'V'

Smash Lord
We won't have the time or the space to do a tourney for it, but you can bring a friendly setup if you'd like.

Pritch

Smash Lord
*Still doesn't like the new SBR stage list*

If I'm still in louisiana (which is totally dependent on me finding work and a place to live while dealing with all the bull**** that school is throwing at me) I should be there.

'V'

Smash Lord
I made a mistake in the date, but I fixed it. It's actually set on the 21st. Sorry for any confusion.

'V'

Smash Lord
Sweet. Marked you and Taylor down both so far. We need 2 more setups. I trust if Pritch is able to go, he'll provide one because he's prepared like that, but we should definitely get more.

Also, I've decided that the bracket will be seeded by location.

Turazrok

Smash Master
I really like this plan. But now I can't go.

I would've brought a setup too.

smasher salt

Smash Rookie
Hey i am new to the smash forms, but not new to melee. I didn't know that la had a popular smash community. About how many people show up for the melee tournaments? I want to come out and bring a few friends for the Friday tournament.

'V'

Smash Lord
Hey i am new to the smash forms, but not new to melee. I didn't know that la had a popular smash community. About how many people show up for the melee tournaments? I want to come out and bring a few friends for the Friday tournament.
Baton Rouge currently has just about the highest concentration of consistent Melee players, plus many people from N.O., Lafayette, and Houma come to tourneys as well, plus the locals. So we have a hefty amount of people who go to them. It's nothing big by any means, but it gets the job done, especially considering how good our players actually are.

smasher salt

Smash Rookie
Baton Rouge currently has just about the highest concentration of consistent Melee players, plus many people from N.O., Lafayette, and Houma come to tourneys as well, plus the locals. So we have a hefty amount of people who go to them. It's nothing big by any means, but it gets the job done, especially considering how good our players actually are.
well thats good to hear. I use to be top 3 around here. Since brawl hammond has no melee. :(

How good we talking? I dont expect to show up and play against darkrain in the first match. lol.

'V'

Smash Lord
They're good. Not as good as Darkrain or anyone of that level, but still really good. It's definitely worth coming to if you wanna play and get better.

smasher salt

Smash Rookie
They're good. Not as good as Darkrain or anyone of that level, but still really good. It's definitely worth coming to if you wanna play and get better.
Yea ill be there. if you need another gamecube and melee, just let me know. ill try to round up as many hammond melee players as i can.
Whos the best out there lee? I saw an older vid of him and it looked pretty good. I hope hes gotten even better since then, i love playing good people. It seems to make me grow as a smash player.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Yea ill be there. if you need another gamecube and melee, just let me know. ill try to round up as many hammond melee players as i can.
Whos the best out there lee? I saw an older vid of him and it looked pretty good. I hope hes gotten even better since then, i love playing good people. It seems to make me grow as a smash player.
lee is the best brawler, definitely. i dont remember about melee, but he's definitely one of the top. try to bring a setup, and a tv if you can. thats a general rule for everywhere, unless they say not to.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Check the LA Thread for our Melee Power Ranking to see out best players. :]

smasher salt

Smash Rookie
Check the LA Thread for our Melee Power Ranking to see out best players. :]
I did. Taylor and lee were in the top tiers. I looked up some of there old vids on youtube and they looked subpar on the old vids. Im sure that they are much better now.

'V'

Smash Lord
No one's really tried to put up new vids of Melee in like 4 years. Lee's still good at Melee, but I wouldn't say as good as Taylor or Kyle anymore. Taylor and Kyle have been taking Top 2 for the last like 4 tourneys, one in which they both beat Lee, which haven't been all that sporadic in a year's time. If you're looking for the absolute best that have stuck with the game, look for them. They're in BR.

smasher salt

Smash Rookie
No one's really tried to put up new vids of Melee in like 4 years. Lee's still good at Melee, but I wouldn't say as good as Taylor or Kyle anymore. Taylor and Kyle have been taking Top 2 for the last like 4 tourneys, one in which they both beat Lee, which haven't been all that sporadic in a year's time. If you're looking for the absolute best that have stuck with the game, look for them. They're in BR.
Who do they main? Or can they play well as anybody?

'V'

Smash Lord
Taylor doesn't necessarily have a main, he just goes with whoever fits the situation. In tourney, he'll go Fox and Marth most of the time. When he's playing friendlies, he'll use more of other characters, including Captain Falcon, Ness, GW, Luigi, DK, etc.

Kyle mains Marth.

D

Deleted member

probably only around 20 but its still fun. you should come saturday to kyle's house for the smash fest. east contour, br, la, 70809

D

Deleted member

and yeah our play is alot different from those videos. post spam ftw

Curlz

Smash Lord
I think Ken uploads videos every now and then tio youtube. You could probably look up a bunch of melee vids from him and the other Lafayette players. If I find the link to his profile, I'll post it here. I think his username is MrKen, but I'm not sure. You could probably find it if you type in "Melee ISBS".

smasher salt

Smash Rookie
I wish i could make it out this saturday, but i have to work. :(
It looks like ill just aim for the next friday tourney yall have. Do yall ever just get together to play and have fun? If so let me know. Im always down to play some melee.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I wish i could make it out this saturday, but i have to work. :(
It looks like ill just aim for the next friday tourney yall have. Do yall ever just get together to play and have fun? If so let me know. Im always down to play some melee.
dibbzdibbzdibbzdibbzdibbzdibbzdibbzdibbzdibbzdibbzdibbzdibbzdibbzdibbzdibbzdibbzdibbzdibbzdibbzdibbz

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
If I end up being able to go, I'll steal turok's tv, and a full set-up. I just have to own school right in the face first, since it's exam weekend.

'V'

Smash Lord
Actually it turns out that I myself can provide a setup provided that I just have access to a copy of Melee, which isn't that hard to find amongst the Baton Rouge players, so no one really else has to bring anything. I'd at least like an emergency setup from someone just in case we need it, though.

So now we have at least 4 guaranteed setups! Huzzah!

smasher salt

Smash Rookie
Actually it turns out that I myself can provide a setup provided that I just have access to a copy of Melee, which isn't that hard to find amongst the Baton Rouge players, so no one really else has to bring anything. I'd at least like an emergency setup from someone just in case we need it, though.

So now we have at least 4 guaranteed setups! Huzzah!
OK that's good to hear. I can bring the extra melee and memory-card.

Top Bottom