• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash on Fridays at UMBC

submediant

Smash Rookie
NNID
submediants
Hey, guys!

The recently created UMBC Fighting Game Tournament club has started holding weeklies on Fridays! We run different Smash games, in addition to Marvel and one other game (Injustice this week). We really want more people to come out so we can improve, so please do! There's no venue fee or pot, just games.

UMBC - Public Policy 206/208​
1000 Hilltop Circle
Baltimore, MD 21250​
Doors open at 1 PM​
Non-Smash signups end at 2
Smash signups end at 3:30​
UMBC is relatively close to Xanadu (about ten minutes away). There is meter parking, but it becomes free after 3:30.​
We would love if you came! Please leave a comment if you plan on it.​

Bones0

Smash Legend
I would post this in Tournament Listings. We had a few people going to UMBC fests a while back, so it'd be cool if we could get this going more often. Is it in the lounge? (That's where we were playing before.)

submediant

Smash Rookie
NNID
submediants
Okay, I'll post it there. Thanks!
No, it's actually in the Public Policy building, which is close to the gameroom.

Vist

Smash Champion
I still go to UMBC (about to graduate, though).. Unfortunately, I'm tied up on Fridays so I wouldn't be able to make it out to these. Hopefully you guys can make it out to Xanadu etc.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Do you guys get big turnouts for SSB64? I met a bunch of UMBC guys down the street from me who are really into it. Daniel, Mark, Casey, Elise, Alex... do these guys show up?

submediant

Smash Rookie
NNID
submediants
A few people (including myself) really want to play SSB64, but unfortunately we don't have that many people come out for it. I bring a setup from time to time, though.
The people you mentioned show up, but not all the time because we don't have enough real competition and people that we can learn from yet. I'm sure they would come if more good people started coming.

Top Bottom