• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMASH NEWCOMERS POLL (Closes in May)

Choose between these newcomers for Smash 4.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
There is already a character poll on this site. You might wanna wait until whatever stuff at E3 is shown. Then you could probably make a new one.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
This poll is fairly pointless. We've got a thread about this already, with a better poll. I'm all for a lock.
There is already a character poll on this site. You might wanna wait until whatever stuff at E3 is shown. Then you could probably make a new one.
Shortie is making a new one for post-E3. That'll probably be the one everyone uses. No need for more.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Where the hell is Geno on this poll.

Not going to use it

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Now that I actually take a look at this poll...

What's with some of the choices?

Mispelling of Chrom?

Dark Samus twice?

Shadow?

MM Link?

Skull Kid?

Pokemon Trainer 2?

And where are Palutena and Dillon?

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
The only character poll that wouldn't be a repeat of what we've seen a million times would be: a poll in which we need to choose who we THINK will get into SSB4 as opposed to who we WANT.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
This poll is fairly pointless. We've got a thread about this already, with a better poll. I'm all for a lock.

Shortie is making a new one for post-E3. That'll probably be the one everyone uses. No need for more.
Ah, Sorry. I didn't know that anyone called dibs on a post E3 poll. BTW, did anyone do a stage poll? If not, I wanna do it myself.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Ah, Sorry. I didn't know that anyone called dibs on a post E3 poll. BTW, did anyone do a stage poll? If not, I wanna do it myself.
No worries, Shorts is just sort of the unofficial "poll guy" since he's been doing it for a couple years already. As for a stage poll, yeah, Starphoenix has one. They're being amalgamated for the post-E3 poll though, possibly with some other stuff as well.

EDIT: Here's the link to the current stage poll.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
No worries, Shorts is just sort of the unofficial "poll guy" since he's been doing it for a couple years already. As for a stage poll, yeah, Starphoenix has one. They're being amalgamated for the post-E3 poll though, possibly with some other stuff as well.

EDIT: Here's the link to the current stage poll.
Thanks for telling me. But damn, I wanted to do one myself. Oh well.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If you want I have a certain poll planned as well.

We could work on it together.
Maybe a poll on Multiplayer modes? Adventure mode stages? Or poll on what bosses to fight against? Got any other ideas?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
@Swampasaur and kewlusername

I suggest you talk about it using PM's. Don't spoil the secrets here. :p

D

Deleted member

Mewtwo and Roy don't count as newcomers. They appeared in Melee but didn't show up in Brawl.

Projected Main for SSB4: :sheik: although people say that Impa maybe replacement

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Mewtwo and Roy don't count as newcomers. They appeared in Melee but didn't show up in Brawl.

Projected Main for SSB4: :sheik: although people say that Impa maybe replacement
I want Impa. :lol:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
IIRC Shortie's also got ATs, bosses, and music covered, in case you were planning any of those.
Something different entirely.
@Swampasaur and kewlusername

I suggest you talk about it using PM's. Don't spoil the secrets here. :p
Pfft. Already covered.. Emailed him way before you posted that. :p

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Where's Master Chief, Cloud, Magikarp, Birdo, Daisy, Kratos, Nathan Drake and Vectorman? :troll:
Also this poll needs more :yeahboi:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Where's Master Chief, Cloud, Magikarp, Birdo, Daisy, Kratos, Nathan Drake and Vectorman? :troll:
Oh! Don't worry. Daisy in on that poll.

Having trouble with your eyesight? :troll:

D

Deleted member

Master Chief, Kratos and Nathan Drake aren't 3rd parties nor Nintendo characters, so they're out of the question. Daisy is on the poll.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I know this is obviously a troll, but seriously, Vectorman would be pretty awesome in Smash.

The least Sega could do is put him in some Sega All-Stars game. He gets no love. :c

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Master Chief, Kratos and Nathan Drake aren't 3rd parties nor Nintendo characters, so they're out of the question. Daisy is on the poll.
He was joking dude.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I know this is obviously a troll, but seriously, Vectorman would be pretty awesome in Smash.

The least Sega could do is put him in some Sega All-Stars game. He gets no love. :c
Vectorman would be the shiznit.
But seriously. Smash Bros. needs more Shaq :yeahboi:

JUST IMAGINE IT!

Final Smash: Icy Hot Patch.
Shaq freezes everyone on screen and then burns them alive as they get sent flying off the screen. He then squeezes himself into a car that is clearly too small for him and he drives off.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Mewtwo, Roy, Saki, Isaac, Ridley, Goroh, Skull Kid, Megaman, Bowser Jr., Shulk, K. Rool, Waluigi, Ghirahim, and Little Mac.

Not on the list, but I'd also like to see Toad, Dr. Mario, Pac-Man, and Miis.
That would be my 18 perfect newcomers.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
The one thing I'll say about this poll is that I find the concept of a Dark/Psychic/Fighting triad incredibly interesting. However, since typing has little to do with Smash, and I've already given my two cents on the whole "This ruins Red's gimmick" thing, I'm just going to say meh.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
The one thing I'll say about this poll is that I find the concept of a Dark/Psychic/Fighting triad incredibly interesting.
You know, there was a post on Screwattack a while back about why stuff that older Pokemon fans want to change wont change, and it mentioned the possibility of a Dark/Psychic/Fighting starter trio. It's right here if you want to give it a read.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
That's definitely an interesting way of looking at it. GIven the aloof way that the Pokemon devs (or at least the creator) seem to look at these things the fans tend to overanalyze, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't look at it that way.

Well...I can't find the article, but he had never imagined stuff like the inside of a Pokeball, or some other things I actually found shocking from a developer with so much imagination.

As far as new types, I'm one of those people that doesn't buy the whole "The game doesn't need it" when things like that come in and shake things up intentionally. It's purpose is to keep things from going stale. I also get that there's people that don't think that way about Pokemon, so there's some contention here or there.

The starter triangle makes sense to me, the whole tutorial thing, but I think the "It's one of the easiest to understand" is overdoing it a bit. That kind of thing is incredibly subjective. Kudos to the article though!

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I don't understand people wanting to replace Red. He's the most iconic Pokemon protagonist, and he's not going anywhere.

D

Deleted member

I guess Ridley will transition from boss to playable character. We need more Metroid reps.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm going to report this thread so that it gets locked. Any objections?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom