• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Names

Darkurai

Smash Master
KRAI. It's two syllables, k-rai. Kurai. My real-life nickname and inspiration for my username.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I always wanted to use Bones as my smash name, because that's my rpg name. But the 4 letter limit was always an issue. Sakurai is being really inspecific about whether you can do 4 or 5 letters as your nickname in Brawl. On the tournament screen it shows a ton of names that are exactly 4 letters, with none that are more, but on certain screens (the wifi one is an example I think) it shows 5 letter nicknames. I think that a 1 letter difference is a big deal for some people.

Examples

This one shows Wifi as having 5 letter nicknames.

This one shows no 5 letter+ nicknames

This is another example.

And this is the one I wanted to talk about. Basically the cursor for the input of the letter is almost exactly in the middle of the box. That makes it seem like if you could have two letters on one side of it, then you could have two letters on the other.

This is all speculation.

WiiLittleMan

Smash Cadet
In Melee, mine was always SKLZ. I guess I just thought my friends would get a kick out of it, and then I started actually using it as my main name. I don't see any reason to change it for Brawl. It's kind of my thing now. (It's also one of the few usernames that the taunt, "What's my name?" is actually fun to use for.)

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
@SKLZ: You could always add an extra letter or two, and make it SKLLZ, or SKILZ or SKULLZ OF REVENGE. or something.

WiiLittleMan

Smash Cadet
@SKLZ: You could always add an extra letter or two, and make it SKLLZ, or SKILZ or SKULLZ OF REVENGE. or something.
Yeah. I'll do that if you can have five letter names all the time (meaning not just online). Otherwise, I'll probably just stick with four letters.

Orbinas

Smash Rookie
Since I didn't really go to tournaments (my location isn't ideal at all, but I'm moving soon :D) mine will be either of the following:

Orca
Trip(p)
Next(!)
Orbi(n)
1ton

I'm very indecisive, which doesn't work out in my favour.

Burninator

Smash Journeyman
I've been agonizing over this decision for a while. I may go with BRNN8 online, since we get 5 letters, and everyone will recognize me, but I really don't know what I'll do for a real name. I could go with Nic (my actual shortened name), Burn is kind of weird, and I don't want my new name to be a Homestar reference anyway. Needs to be... different.

I'll be back after I think about it. For now, enjoy knowing my Wi-Fi name.

HeltXL

Smash Apprentice
If it's only four or five letter limit, I'll stick with HELT - It's all of my initials with my names in English.
If there is a whopping six letters, it would be HELTXL - Refer to HELT, just with XL on the end (it's been my alias since I was 8).

Raptorbite

Smash Apprentice
My name will be the longest variation of "El Chupacabra" that I can get, so probably "Chupa"

Then again I think "chupa" means "sucker" in Spanish so I might just go with "Raptr"

:D maybe I could use "Lchup"

TheGrim

Smash Rookie
In Melee I used Grim 'cause it sounded scary at the time. Maybe if there is 5 letters I'll change it to Grimm 'cause 2 M's look better. Or maybe rawr...it's funny kinda. :dizzy: :ohwell:

Sonovin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sonovin
3DS FC
2466-3203-5587
I usually use AFC
Sometimes just V

Meow-Mix

Smash Cadet
Funny, I never paid attention the character limit for nick names. I would prefer my nick to be Meow Mix, just like in my online DS games. I guess I'll have to settle with Meow! or MeowX or something. :ohwell:

Pengie

Smash Lord
For any name I will either use my initials JC or I'll name myself after an animal like I did here.

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
Wang, I hope it's not offending anybody, because it is not that kind of Wang. It is as if it was a cool Japanese name.

poncho_mcshoe

Smash Apprentice
"Camo." An abbreviation for my usual gamer tag.

I think it's worth noting that we usually avoided using names at all in melee, but with the control customization in brawl, we'll pretty much have to. Turning off joystick jumping is too good.

DeChTu

Smash Apprentice
I never used it in Melee (in fact I didn't even notice it until AFTER I beat the game, got all the characters, etc.) However, I would probably use Dex, because that is the short version of DeChTu and I usually use it when I play games anyway.

PaperLink

Smash Journeyman
My name will be the longest variation of "El Chupacabra" that I can get, so probably "Chupa"

Then again I think "chupa" means "sucker" in Spanish so I might just go with "Raptr"

:D maybe I could use "Lchup"

Acutally, "Chupa" just means "to suck", as in the action of sucking. Take it from a mexican ;)

Blobulator

Smash Journeyman
I'll probably just end up using "Blob" ... as I pretty much do for everything, heh.

Top Bottom