• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Melee tournament featuring BO10 and Noobking Feb 7, 2009

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
This is the list of the people who are going to this tournament outside of Manitoba!

1. Eric (Blunted_Object10) BC
2. Adam (NoobKing) BC
3. Timmy (Daltsy) * BC
4. James (Dynamism) * BC
5. Kat (VerticallyChallanged) * Sask
6. Roby (SpaceFalcon) * BC

* = unconfirmed

The tournament hoster {Nyo} usually gets at least 20 people from the community to his tournaments and has been hosting for many years! With many set ups and the grand finals being displayed on big screens sounds awesome!

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
lol Roby

To get to this I will need a few people confirmed from BC or Alberta in the carpool so it's cheaper. Or find the cheap plane tickets. Hopefully carpooling works cause that means more WC is coming with me but we'll see.

<3 Eric
We're coming Manitoba!

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Winnipeg usually takes about 2 days to get to. When we drove there / back, usually Vancouver -> Calgary takes a day. Rest for the night in some cheap hotel and then Calgary -> Winnipeg takes another day.

ultra_nYo

Smash Cadet
If people from out of town are coming I can house some people in my apartment aslong as you don't mind sleeping on the floor.

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
http://chipdamage.com/forums/index.php?topic=100.msg1233#new

Fixed again for GreatNESS!

and yay Dynamism and BC and maybe AB for coming?! :D :D I hope you guys can make it!

I'm sure Manitoba will come to your tournament in Sasketchewan if you come to theres VC. ;)

Here is also some helpful links for finding the location!

http://scigamers.proboards84.com/index.cgi?board=events&action=display&thread=132&page=1#2566

http://www.canadian-universities.net/Universities/University-of-Manitoba.html

and now the Basic Rules just in case for SSBM!!!

Super Smash Brothers Melee

-No Items

- Stages limited to 6 "neutral" stages for random, others open for counterpicks. Each person may knock out one stage for the entire set.

- The first round stage is selected by random, but if both players (teams) can agree on a stage then the first match can be played on any stage they agree upon except one from the banned list below.

- A player may not choose a stage where he/she has already won.

- The winner of the first round may change characters but they have to select first then the loser selects their's and then follow by selecting the stage as well.

-If you wish to have the game paused, you must request that your opponent do it, otherwise he has the choice to restart the round on a level of his choice. This rule does not apply to sudden obstructions and catastrophes.

-Neutral stages: Final Destination, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Kirby 64, Pokemon Stadium, Mute City

Stages Banned:

Onett
Icicle Mountain
Yoshi's Island 64
Flat Zone
Brinstar Depths
Big Blue
Hyrule Temple
Termina - Great Bay
Venom
Fourside
Mushroom Kingdom
Mushroom Kingdom II
Yoshi's Island
Jungle Japes

This leaves 14 stages to play on which are:

Final Destination
Yoshi's Story
Rainbow Cruise
Fountain of Dreams
Pokemon Stadium
Corneria
Peach's Castle
Green Greens
Kongo Jungle
Kongo Jungle 64
Dream Land 64
Battlefield
Mute City
Poke Floats

- 2v2 team rules: Friendly fire is on.

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
-3 stock, 5 minutes. Finals and semi-finals will be 4 stock 8 minutes
-No Items

What lol? you mean for brawl?

ultra_nYo

Smash Cadet
Yeah usually we do it 3 stock 5 minutes cause, unlike other smash scenes, here the smash tournaments are run alongside other fighting game tournaments. So its a time issue. However since this is dedicated to smash it'll be standard rules.

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
I would go just for the expierence of traveling to EC Canada, since I've never been. Well except for living in st.johns but that was long time ago.

But, winnipeg..? I don't really wanna look at frozen farm animals all day.

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
I would go just for the expierence of traveling to EC Canada, since I've never been. Well except for living in st.johns but that was long time ago.

But, winnipeg..? I don't really wanna look at frozen farm animals all day.
You never know what's in Winnipeg until you have acctually been there Roby! ;)

ultra_nYo

Smash Cadet
Don't matter. You only get better by playing other people. So don't worry about sucking. Come out and make some new friends. Have some fun.

ultra_nYo

Smash Cadet
I can house some people in my apartment. If you don't mind sleeping on the floor and/or allergic to cats we'll be fine. Don't worry about bringing tvs in from out of town.

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
yup lol :p we can bring some systems, do you need tvs?? Also housing? Wats the deal
I'm sure there's others who can house you too! NoobKing and I are staying with Russel you guys have msn? Here's his msn.. (rracca_@hotmail.com) or/and you can get mine (browncurry@hotmail.com)

Also contact Nyo for housing for sure his msn is (ultra_nyo@hotmail.com)

ultra_nYo

Smash Cadet
Smash Brothers Melee

1. Eric "Blunted Object10" Brown
2. Wilson "Reverse" Tieu
3. Adam "Noobking" Brown
4. Janos "Argh" Saluta
T5. Russel "Lickuid" Racca, Niko "Saga" Racca
T7. Adam "Dave" Hayes, Grame "TheTimelyHoward" Howard
T9. Kirk Calvadores, AJ Clossas, Brian "Bluze" Gutron, Sebastian Cichoz
T13. Matt, Randy, Oussama, JD
T17. Kevin Tieu, Jordon, Sam, Kenneth Tieu