• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Like You Mean IT 2- The Salt Wars - October 19th, 2013 - Easton, PA

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
So after the great success of our first one, we're going to bring it back again!!! Ladies and gentleman, I present, S.L.Y.M.I. 2!!

Facebook Page with the same Info: https://www.facebook.com/events/668135093199804/

This will once again be an all Melee event. I'll put the copy pasta stuff in, now.

So The typical Game Gallery rules apply:

1.) Have fun!!
2.) Be respectful
3.) Be fair
4.) Have Fun!!!
5.) Let me know where you're at all times
6.) B.Y.O.C.

Here are the other rules.

Costs:
$10- singles
$10 per team
$0 for crews
==========================================================
Format:
Double Elimination for each game. 2/3 for all matches. Winners, Losers, and Grand Finals are 3/5
-Stocks 4
-Pausing is not allowed. If you pause it will result in a loss of a stock.
-I WILL DQ you if you aren't there for your match. If you don't let me know what's going on, I can't help you. I can't and absolutely WON'T hold things up for you. I don't care WHO you are. It won't be total DQ, but you'll be sent to losers.

Special rules on coaching:
People tend to have a stigma about coaching. To coach DURING a match is NOT allowed. You CAN do it BETWEEN matches. You have a full minute or two to give yourself to breathe and focus if you need it. Take advantage of it.

After a Match:
The order is: Loser chooses stage, winner changes character, loser changes character.

DSR: So we're clear. You cannot play twice on the same stage you won on. This is, unless agreed upon by both players. If you want to go back to the same stage you played upon...that's you. That means: If you lose on FD, and want to go back to FD...that's on you, buddy. It's YOUR funeral. However, if you beat your opponent, are on game 3 or higher, and (s)he won on FD, you have the right to deny him/her going back there.

For this tournament...I actually don't give two craps about wobbling. If you want to wobble, it's legal. The other stuff, however....(Soul stunner, freezie, etc.) don't think about it.

Stalling using Jigglypuff's rising pound, Peach's Wallbomber, etc. is not allowed. Please don't lame it up with excessive planking, either. Just common courtesy to players.

Project M:

So here's the deal. Project: M is 200% based upon what you guys do. Not 100%. I did not make a typo. 200%.

We are going to need:

- a MINIMUM of two setups. That means people need copies of Brawl and SD cards, especially.
- People to be on time. This is probably the MOST important aspect of it.
- A TO helper...or two. Yeah, I like to play as well, and when I'm not playing, I'll be TOing/commentating.
- Cooperation from the players. Second most important thing...kind of goes hand-in-hand with being on time.
- Did I mention that people need to be on time?
- More TVs/tables. I don't care what you use as a table...as long as it supports a TV/Wii.
- An interest in Doubles/Singles
- giving up friendlies at some point so it can run smoothly
- And finally...this is most important. People to be on time!!!

We appreciate your cooperation in making this happen.

========================================================
Just a quick note:

Schedule:
Sign-ups start at 11:00
Teams will start at 1pm
Singles will start at 2:30-3PM
Crews will happen either around or after WF/LF/GF of Singles.

Vino.

Been Vino since 2007
Hey Ame, you should include project m, and surely come out if that's the case. :)

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Double posting like a boss. I'll also update the OP with this post as well. There's a want on both ends for Project: M. (Meaning I've been asked here and elsewhere) I've already said I don't have a problem with it. One thing though: Smashers are creatures of habit. I know they can pull through, but I also know what else they're capable of. We want things to happen, and last time it was a bit difficult for one reason or another. (Although we did get exhibition crews going.) There ARE ways to get around some setbacks. I'm gonna get to the info, though:

So here's the deal. Project: M is 200% based upon what you guys do. Not 100%. I did not make a typo. 200%.

We are going to need:

- a MINIMUM of two setups. That means people need copies of Brawl and SD cards, especially.
- People to be on time. This is probably the MOST important aspect of it.
- A TO helper...or two. Yeah, I like to play as well, and when I'm not playing, I'll be TOing/commentating.
- Cooperation from the players. Second most important thing...kind of goes hand-in-hand with being on time.
- Did I mention that people need to be on time?
- More TVs/tables. I don't care what you use as a table...as long as it supports a TV/Wii.
- An interest in Doubles/Singles
- giving up friendlies at some point so it can run smoothly
- And finally...this is most important. People to be on time!!!

We appreciate your cooperation in making this happen.

Env BoricuA

Smash Rookie
Sweet, hopefully lots of people enter teams and please two people bring P:M i wanna play some Zero Suit lol

Lupo721

Smash Rookie
I just need to know one thing. If people bring the project M setups and there is enough interest, will there be an official project M tournament as well? With the entry fee, rules and such included?

zachyjcosta

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, I'll be coming with Kite On Saturday, and I"ll bring 2 Project M set up's with me. I'm hoping enough People will want to enter so we can get an event for that as well, if not friendlies are always fun. Melee's gonna be great.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
I just need to know one thing. If people bring the project M setups and there is enough interest, will there be an official project M tournament as well? With the entry fee, rules and such included?

Yes, yes there will be. My word is rule, for I am the mighty...nah, lol. For real, though, I'm just going to assume there's interest at this point. P:M is going to be $5 singles and teams is the same as Melee.

Gohan, that's very much appreciated. This should be another epic event!!

By the way, I'm going to open up commentary to those with enough knowledge/experience for the game. I'll be on it whenever I'm not playing, so I'm hoping I can at least get a semi-regular partner.

Lupo721

Smash Rookie
So I'm wondering, will the Project M matches be posted on Youtube? The ones that were on the livestream of course. I ask cause there was one person I wanted to see those matches, but he wasn't able to watch the stream at the time.

Top Bottom