• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash, Learn, Fall, Repeat - The Beheaded Lops Off!

SharkLord

Smash Hero
The Beheaded is the star of Dead Cells, a blistering roguelite-metroidvania action platformer. Taking place on an island ravaged by a mysterious disease known as the Malaise, the Beheaded must hack and slash his way to the castle, slay the king, and discover the secrets of the island. Win or die, you'll just respawn at the start, with a new difficulty unlocked. Learn from your past experiences and try, try again.

Dead Cells is a solid game with tough, fluid action and loads of options. Tired of the stinking sewers? Take the Ramparts instead! Want some more protection? Trade out your bow for a shield! Each run only takes about an hour, so if you die, just get back up and go for another round! Despite the short length of each run, Dead Cells is a game that will keep you coming back for more. Sure, Ol' Headless has very slim chances of getting into Smash, but I'll be darned if he wouldn't be fun!

The Beheaded himself would most likely be a speedy, versatile glass cannon fighter. Dead Cells' huge amount of weapons would give him tools for just about every situation, but he'd be hindered by his light weight and lack of defensive skills. If we're going all in for references, he could have a gimmick where he changes his specials every time he dies, so that every game with him is fun and unique.

• SharkLord (That's me!)​
  • Janx_uwu​

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Wow, I can’t believe Dead Cells doesn’t have a support thread yet, but put me down as a supporter!I love the game so far and even made it to the final boss once! I think the different weapons allow for a good moveset, and the sewers would make for a fun stage (although I’d prefer the Ramparts). Here’s hoping this thread sees more support in the future!

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Wow, I can’t believe Dead Cells doesn’t have a support thread yet, but put me down as a supporter!I love the game so far and even made it to the final boss once! I think the different weapons allow for a good moveset, and the sewers would make for a fun stage (although I’d prefer the Ramparts). Here’s hoping this thread sees more support in the future!
Glad to see you approve! I've actually been able to deal with Hand of the King multiple times, but only without any Boss Cells. Word of advice: Always bring a shield with you. It helps a lot.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Oh.
It may embarrass me to say this, but...
I don’t use shields. :(
I will though if it means I can finally beat Hand of the King.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Oh.
It may embarrass me to say this, but...
I don’t use shields. :(
I will though if it means I can finally beat Hand of the King.
Trust me, it helps. Pick up a shield at the beginning of the run and force yourself to get used to them. Position yourself in front of a weak enemy and time the input until you've got the parry down. It made all the difference in the world when I went up against a later boss.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Man. It's unfortunate we still have so little Smash support for the Beheaded. IMO, he'd be a perfect underdog pick for DLC.

Top Bottom