• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash it!-Brawl and Melee tournament- September 13-14- Oregon

debaser

Smash Lord
Aftermath is a samus player, although I dont know if plays smash at all anymore. He's in portland as far as I know.
he plays, but more or less casually

he was at the last brawl tournament I went to a couple weeks ago. played a lot of melee there

messiahfreak2000

Smash Apprentice
NNID
messiahfreak2000
by the way zodiac, have we ever met? were you at the gamestop tournament when it was in bend? i was there with my brother and he won with fox.

Zodiac

Smash Master
I was in texas at the time of the tournament, and yes yatta dante and sage will probablly be there.

keeper

Smash Champion
If I can some how find a way to get to this, I'd consider going. How are you getting to this, Debaser?

t!mmy and t0mmy are from Eugene. They actually just hosted a tourney last weekend and not that many people showed up (unfortunately). Bend should venture out more often with some of the Grant's Pass people. lol

Edit: Fix your brawl counterpick list. >___>

Grunt

Smash Master
Uh...Why?
They don't give certain characters any glaring advantages, and don't have stupid hazards.

keeper

Smash Champion
Brinstar- Fine.
Distant Planet- Just doesn't work.
Frigate Orpheon- Fine.
Green Hill Zone- Walk off, can just grab camp.
Jungle Japes- Fine.
Luigi's Mansion- Campfest.
Pirate Ship- Can be fine.
Rainbow Cruise- Blah.
Yoshi's Island (Pipes)- Walk off and just a stupid stage.

That's my opinion.

Grunt

Smash Master
Brinstar- Fine.
Distant Planet- Just doesn't work.
Frigate Orpheon- Fine.
Green Hill Zone- Walk off, can just grab camp.
Jungle Japes- Fine.
Luigi's Mansion- Campfest.
Pirate Ship- Can be fine.
Rainbow Cruise- Blah.
Yoshi's Island (Pipes)- Walk off and just a stupid stage.
Yoshi's Island is one of the few stages that give MK trouble, and not to mention CGing on walkoffs is not a legitimate reason to ban it. they are avoidable.
Grab camping is ********. everyone has moves that outrange grabs, don't give me that BS.
Camping isn't banned or cheap in any way. Luigi's mansion is fine. how is it different than FD?
Rainbow Cruise has no hazards and deteriorates camping to give approaching characters more of a winnable fight.
Brinstar also helps people who are easily gimped as the Acid can save your life, and other than that, It's very easy to avoid.

keeper

Smash Champion
It's not like I'd pick any of them anyway. I'm one of the people that likes to just play on the 5 stages that are considered more neutral (FD, BF, SV, LC, YI). If I ever see you at a tourney, feel free let me show you why those stages should be banned, in my opinion.

I still want to know how Debaser is getting to this.

Zodiac

Smash Master
If I can some how find a way to get to this, I'd consider going. How are you getting to this, Debaser?

t!mmy and t0mmy are from Eugene. They actually just hosted a tourney last weekend and not that many people showed up (unfortunately). Bend should venture out more often with some of the Grant's Pass people. lol

Edit: Fix your brawl counterpick list. >___>
Your free not to pick any of those stages

Grunt

Smash Master
He means you don't have to CP a CP stage. you can CP a neutral one as well.
VULCAN:
IDK bout that, but It should it be. It owns MK.
DEBASER:
It's hard to get a time to talk to my Mom about a ride (no license D:) since she works in the morning, and I work nights, but I have a day off Sunday, so I'll try and get something figured out then.

keeper

Smash Champion
He means you don't have to CP a CP stage. you can CP a neutral one as well.
VULCAN:
IDK bout that, but It should it be. It owns MK.
DEBASER:
It's hard to get a time to talk to my Mom about a ride (no license D:) since she works in the morning, and I work nights, but I have a day off Sunday, so I'll try and get something figured out then.
I got confused because for a second I thought he meant you couldn't CP a non-CP stage (a neutral).

Thanks. >_O

The Great Leon

Smash Champion
it was like our own little house for a day. the sleeper car was our room. and there were lots of neighboring rooms. and a food car.

debaser

Smash Lord
I'm not gunna be able to pick you up as i might bring another person from here.
Also..no, why did you think that?
a friend of mine used to work at target in vancouver and said he worked with a guy that played smash there

The Great Leon

Smash Champion
there were some cute girls a few rooms over, but by the time that we realized that there were hotties close to us they got off the train :*(

Zodiac

Smash Master
there were some cute girls a few rooms over, but by the time that we realized that there were hotties close to us they got off the train :*(
Thats the problem with trains then, you never know who your next to, be them a hot girl or a great smasher, or a great hot girl smasher. It may be too late.

The Great Leon

Smash Champion
there was a bomb *** dining car though. dinner was complimentary and european style (you eat with strangers). we sat with some couple and talked about our school.

Zodiac

Smash Master
this sounds like a great train, I actually want to travel be train instead of car one day, Oh hellz with gas prices im sure it will become the primary method of getting about. Either that or phase shift.

Top Bottom