• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Guilty Confessions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
So I found myself guilty of some things in Smash (4) and I thought I'd make this thread so we can all laugh at each other's crimes.

My confessions:

I'm great with all the Fire Emblem characters... I've never played a Fire Emblem game...

I have never (yet) beat classic mode with any character on level 9. I only beat it on level 7.5 and lower. And I really want to try Master Fortress.

I played every Smash game that was ever out except for 64 which I played on an emulator. Until Smash 4, I never heard of Crazy hand.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
I thought Kirby was a new Pokémon way back when Smash 64 came out. I also only knew who Mario, Yoshi, Luigi, Fox, and Pikachu were.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
  • I'm a scrub and a sore loser. I yell at the opponent, I yell at the game, then I yell at myself for being such an inexperienced idiot. I've been trying to restrict it to where other people can't hear me when it happens and I've mostly been doing a better job at that lately, but I'd prefer if it didn't happen at all...
  • Studying frame data intimidates me. As much as I want to be competitive, there's a point where it stops being a game or even a sport and just starts being math. Matchups, too, because ignorance is bliss and I really don't want to know when my character is at a hopeless disadvantage by the game's design.
  • I'm utterly obsessed with custom stages. Right now, I have 64 of them on my game, and dozens of others have been made and deleted in the past.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
  • I nostalgia-***** over Melee all the time.
  • I hate clones with a burning passion, yet I love Melee.
  • I will most often SD if I see a :4yoshi: online. I hate the matchup so much.
  • I haven't beat Classic on any intensity higher than 7, and that sure as hell isn't going to change any time soon.

Fancykong

Smash Journeyman
>_>

<_<

I do the Yoga stretches WFT makes on the victory screen almost every time I win.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
-99% of my photos in both Smash 4 titles feature Rosalina as at least one of the focused on characters. Sometimes, I endeavour to take specific kinds of photos of her, and will specifically set them up. And yes, I do take the odd "ogling" or "lewd" photo too. I upload all of my screenshots to Imgur. Generally, I delete the less innocent kind of ones off of my 3DS/Wii U system (I've only done that to a few so far, though there are some more I need to get rid of), just in case family or friends find them there and overreact about it.

However, about half of the suggestive ones I get on accident too, like this one, and then I wonder if the game itself is some kind of horny devil:

-Even outside of that, I love taking ridiculous screenshots in general, and have since the Brawl days. If I don't specifically endeavour to get a photo, I randomly pause when playing through the game. Taking screenshots, whether they be funny, cool, beautiful, cute, or sexy, is one of my favourite things to do in Smash, and I feel it helps break up the tedium of going through the single-player experience to 100% the game. This is especially the case in Smash Wii U, since it's the most tedious single-player experience in Smash since Melee, but it has an AMAZING pause camera when you know how to work it right, and get extreme close ups of characters and what not. However, I do have a love of actual photography IRL, so this might be part of the reason I love the photo feature so much in Smash.

-Despite this, I have yet to experiment with the Paint feature yet. I've only painted two photos as far as I can remember.

-I really want to start some kind of parody series, or even a genuine story line on YouTube with Smash Wii U, but I do not have the means of facilitating such a thing yet, and I'm not sure if people would like it. However, I was a huge fan of all of the popular shows made using Brawl and Melee (Brawlgasm, Smashtasm, Wolf's ******** Mission, etc), and it'd be a shame if people didn't do this with Smash 4, especially with such great additions to the roster and the HD visuals and even having a great stage creator for landscapes.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
When I first played Melee I thought:
:marthmelee: & :roymelee: were Pokemon trainers
:foxmelee: & :falcomelee: were brothers (I didn't play 64 yet)
:luigimelee: 's 3D model reminded me of Sheen from Jimmy Neutron
:mewtwomelee: was Freiza
:samusmelee: was a man (then I played the "Girl Power" event match...)

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
As an artist, I am terrible at using the paint feature in Smash.

Probably my usage of the feature too.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Most of them are typical:
-I thought :4samus: was a man 'till I got to the Girl Power event.
-One time my BFF and played some matches in a tourney-esque thing. I played solely as :pichumelee:.
-I'm actually glad :4darkpit: is playable.
-I thought :4zelda: turned into a man when transforming into :4sheik:.
-I play Smash 64 in ROM.
-I prefer:4mario: over :4luigi:.
-The first thing I did when I got the 3DS version was :4palutena:'s pole dance taunt for a while.
-In Brawl I took various snapshots of :4peach: panties.
-I never liked the idea of Bayonetta in Smash.
-:4villager: is someone I almost always lose against.

Last edited:

Mr.Shameless

Smash Rookie
NNID
MrShameless
3DS FC
5301-0935-0975
I could sit down and just watch people play... I find my self often at the replay channel..
I chose not to believe there is a bad matchup in the game..
I personally enjoy spamming the grab with :4samus: And mashing the pummel
Im terrible against projectiles...
I often think of new combo possibilities when im not even playing...
I think they should have used different pokemon..
Almost never play with items nor plat forms..
I think the WFT is a dumb idea...
I Never back out from fights...

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
- I wish Squirtle got chosen instead of Charizard for Smash 4.
- I wish Greninja, Bowser jr, Dark Pit, Palutena, and Pac-man were never included, but instead switched with other charaters.
- I don't think Ice Climbers fit in the Smash Bros series well.
- I don't want Ridley to be in the game, too overhyped and he doesn't fit.
- If I'm fighting a really good megaman on For Glory I suicide.
- When fighting CPUs, I just quit when fighting Game and Watch and Olimar.
- In Brawl I loved taking screenshots so much, that my friend and I would battle and I would puse, find a good angle, snapshot, repeat. I did this until they yelled at me.
- In Brawl, I had a picture of ness inside of Peach's skirt and Wario laughing behind. I almost **** my pants laughing.
- I never noticed tripping in Brawl.
- When people say "Dude this casual started in Brawl/Smash 4 lol!" I just nod my head and try to keep up conversaton about Melee, which I have never played.
- In For Glory, I like jumping and playing around during a match instead of actually fighting.
- If I ever get a ditto (Which is rare considering the only characters I've mained have been: Sheik, Kirby, Pac-man, Luigi, Palutena, and Meta knight) I will not attack them, and hope we can just be friends.
- I have cried over matches on For Glory, but that was only twice. Once after I almost 2 stocked this Sonic but he took both my stocks at 200% and when I was fighting this Palutena who couldn't stop spamming then taunting.
- Project M is not as hard as I thought it would be.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I thought Ness was Mario's son when I first played Melee.

I didn't discover that Samus was a girl until Brawl's reveal trailer.

The 0ne

Smash Journeyman
NNID
toady3
3DS FC
0104-2324-5980
I make a genuine effort to play every source game of every character I play:
Main-:4ness:: I've played and loved EarthBound (on SNES9x, but we don't have to talk about that)
Secondaries-:4fox:/:4falco:: just got Star Fox 64 on VC on the Wii, and I played Star Fox Command a few years back
:4ganondorf:: Really though, what Smash player hasn't played a Zelda game? (although the only one I've ever finished is Wind Waker HD)
:4gaw:: Still working on that! Do you have any idea how rare and expensive they are now? But I might get a G&W Gallery on 3DS eShop though
:4littlemac:: played Punch-Out!! on arcade and on NES emulator, but I kinda suck at it
:4kirby:: played Kirby's Dream Land 3, Kirby Squeak Squad, Kirby Super Star and Kirby Triple Deluxe

I just got Smash 64 on Wii's Virtual Console, and I JUST learned its mechanics, and my friend who's also never played it is already better than me.

I have no idea what to think of :4link: in Smash 4. Is he great or is he terrible? There are HELLA mixed opinions. However, I do think :4tlink: is better, and I'm biased towards the regular boomerang.

I used to hate fighting games (before I knew what Smash was; Brawl was my first Smash game; I'm 15), then I tried it and loved it, then I got competitive and now I hate it again.

I want custom moves and Mii Fighters to be tournament legal, but **** equipment.

I don't play :4ness: just because he's good in this game, I swear. In fact, I think he needs some nerfs in some areas, but also some buffs as well.

I hate the fact that the only move :4ness: actually uses in Earthbound is PK Flash. Really? No PSI Rockin for his Final Smash Seriously? But the Bat and the yo-yo are nice touches.

Jeff for Smash 5! He'd heal with the HP-sucker, guard or reflect with the Counter-PSI unit, shoot **** with Bottle Rockets and/or the Bionic Slingshot, break shields with the Shield Killer, and his recovery would be like he gets into the Phase Distorter and teleports.
His Final Smash could alternatively be:
the Hungry HP-sucker, where like everybody takes 135% and some knockback while he heals completely
some kind of combo attack with Apple Kid or his father, Dr. Andonuts
his strongest weapon, the Gaia Beam

I'd love if :lucas: came back, but if he doesn't I won't care at all.

I basically knew who everyone was in Brawl when I started playing, except for :4sheik:, :4marth:, :popo:, :snake:, and (go figure) :ness2: and :lucas:.

I've told myself I will never play For Glory again in either version at least 20 times.

I suck at playing against the character, rather than using my current strategy of doing what I know how to do. For example, rushing down :4link: and :4marth:, and respecting :4ganondorf: and :4dedede:.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
I don't care for Rosalina even though she was the main reason I hack my Wii.
I love target blast over break the targets.
I Ship :4shulk:and :4robinm:even though I hate most smash ships.
I never beat classic on 8.0 I always get destroyed at the master core.
I have a distaste for people who want more Sonic characters in smash.
I'm fine with :4darkpit: being playable in this game, I think he hated far too much in this game.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
  • I think having Saffron City in Project M is pointless and empty-feeling without the pokémon. I can't think of anyone who liked that stage for the layout... Same for Hyrule Castle and the tornado, even though I did like the layout in that one – why did they take out the hazards of stages that would still just be banned anyway? It doesn't make sense.
    • Also, P:M needs to add more characters before I can see it as a different game rather than just something obsolete that's just desperately trying to stay relevant, which is really what it feels like right now. I might even forgive their complete mangling of :lucario: if they could pull that off.
  • I think the PDP Wired Fight Pad is a godsend, what with scalpers hogging the GC adapter and all that, and I like using it. People are saying it feels "cheap", but I use it in every game that supports the Classic Controller that I can. What? I liked the GC layout, plain and simple.
  • I wish we could communicate over text in online matches. I hate the sound of my own voice and I always stutter when speaking to people.
  • With Anyone matches should at least allow Guest A 1111... Especially now that :4mii: is tournament-legal with that configuration.
  • I don't watch tournaments for the same reason I utterly despise Let's Plays. I hate the sound of two guys on a couch going OH! OOOOHHHHHH!, etc. over things that are completely ordinary. The phrases "humpback whale with a megaphone" and "nails on a chalkboard" come to mind.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
As an artist, I am terrible at using the paint feature in Smash.

Probably my usage of the feature too.
I JUST now realised what that second line meant.

I've thought about using it for something like that on occasion too, especially with the likes of the photo I posted earlier. I'd probably make a balls of it though.

RADSheikah

Smash Apprentice
I think that Toad should have gotten in over :rosalina:
I think :4lucina::4alph::4darkpit: could have been original characters instead of clones/alternate costumes. (Lucina has a different fighting style in the games. There are like 7 other weapon classes for Dark Pit. and They could have done something cool with the Rock and Winged Pikmin)

I am still P***ed there is no unique :4megaman:/:4sonic: stage for the 3DS version.
And that there is no remix of Solar Man's theme. I mean the Quick Man remix was meh, put the resources to that theme.

I think that Melee is overrated. (That could be just about that fact that I played it so much when I was 5 that I wore out the disc. And also I am like a half hipster.)

(I think) People NEED TO CALM DOWN ABOUT PM.

Matoi Knight

Smash Apprentice
NNID
katarina-hatsune
3DS FC
5215-0514-7118
  • I personally prefer not to use advanced tech (mostly because I can't master them, plus I'm a filthy casual)
  • I'm aware Marth is ultimately superior to Lucina due to the fact that she has a tipper, but I just prefer to play the latter because waifu.
  • I literally can't do 9.0 Classic without customs on. And I can't do Classic 9.0 without losing a life either.

J1NG

Smash Journeyman
  • I'm a scrub and a sore loser.
  • Studying frame data intimidates me. As much as I want to be competitive, there's a point where it stops being a game or even a sport and just starts being math. Matchups, too, because ignorance is bliss and I really don't want to know when my character is at a hopeless disadvantage by the game's design.
This.

SANCHOCO

Smash Apprentice
Thought samus was a man until Pikachu's thunderbolt hit her and I saw a "feminine" polygon in 64(I can't explain this, I literally went "Samus is a girl?!" when I saw the polygon)

I believe every controller, except the stand alone wii remote, are all viable controllers despite people loving the GC controller to death

I can't get competitive when it's really competitive, but I get competitive when it's only for fun.

I play heavy/slow characters to spite my friends for not choosing them(they want fast, but still powerful if that makes any sense).

I've only succeeded in beating classic on 7.5 difficulty because 8.0 is hard for me(CURSE YOU MASTER FORTRESS AND YOUR DEFENSES)

I will take a life if we play teams(I need to play smash! Not spectate! D:<)

Despite other defensive methods(even if a character has a counter) I roll way too much.

I never, still to some extent, understood any of the terms people talk about in competitive smash. First time listening I went "THE HELL IS A TILT? DOES THIS EXIST IN GAME? WHEN?"

I prefer Brawl/Wii U/3DS ganondorf over Melee Ganondorf

...I destroy friendships with no mercy....

JSG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JustinJSG
  • I'm a roller.
  • I'm not too keen on practicing advanced techniques.
  • I'm a disrespectful taunter sometimes.
  • Sometimes I do intentional mirror matches against a player I'm dominating on For Glory.
  • I have a tendency to be OCD about certain things in Smash. Such as never replaying Classic/All-Star Mode because I don't want two of the same special trophy.
  • I prefer Smash 4 and Project M over any other game simply because of character diversity. While watching Melee can be entertaining, I personally get tired of seeing the same characters every single time, unlike 4/PM, where pretty much every character is viable enough to see them in tournament play.
  • I like Dark Pit. Dark Pit is awesome, even if he's basically Shadow the Hedgehog.

SANCHOCO

Smash Apprentice
  • I like Dark Pit. Dark Pit is awesome, even if he's basically Shadow the Hedgehog.
HEY, SHADOW IS DIFFERENT!! HE IS THE ULTIMATE LIFE FORM!! *flips table*

for the record i'm half joking/half fanboying lol XD

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
- I play For Glory at night even though that's when I'm considerably worse at the game since I'm tired from the day.
- I'm a sore loser, though im never comfortable cursing out loud at home so I just sit there seething in rage.
- My Main Train mostly consists of the anime looking characters, like :4pit::4palutena::4darkpit::4robinm::4robinf::4shulk::rosalina: (And one robot :4rob:). *choo choo*
- While I'm an advocate for getting over the GameCube controller and enjoying Gamepad and such, I can only play as :4peach: with GameCube. Something about how I play her only works with GC's C-Stick placement.
- I have never won against a :4dedede:
Alternatively, I have never lost against a :4diddy:. I'm not even bluffing. I seriously have no idea why people complain about Diddy.

D

Deleted member 269706

• I can't spot-dodge to save my life.
  • I never pummel the opponent because I forget because it's mean.
  • I lose to projectile spam, but only when it's from Link.
  • I taunt til I lose the right to taunt anymore
  • I liked Brawl more than Melee Come at me bro
  • I watch about 10% of the replays I save.
  • ...Zero Suit Samus...Fusion Shorts...Giant Battle...Camera....

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
  • When I started with Brawl, I did not know anyone in the game outside of the Mario, Zelda, Pokémon and Kirby series.
  • I tend to forget that grab exists.
  • I don't dislike For Glory unlike a good chunk of the people here.
  • I roll a lot. It hasn't got me into trouble yet.

SilverOne777

Smash Cadet
NNID
SilverSlaughter
I played every Smash game that was ever out except for 64 which I played on an emulator. Until Smash 4, I never heard of Crazy hand.
Haha, Man, super smash bros 64....That game transformed me into a competitive gamer. Played it first with my cousin, and was hooked in 1 night. I HAD to have it. My older bro kept beating me...by melee we were even...by brawl I was the best :p
Guilty confession...I seem to fall to meteor attacks a lot in 1v1's lol

Commander Fresh

Smash Cadet
NNID
CommanderFresh
Has seriously no one here confessed to looking up one of the female characters' dresses yet? Yeah, I'm talking to you! That black void under Peach's dress didn't just go and discover itself!

Sattoz

Smash Rookie
NNID
Sir8BitHero
I only played a very small amount of brawl, and that was only with friends every now and then (but hey "No Johns"). Anyways I didn't know spot dodging existed until Sm4sh.

Pryze

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Apollon1an
- Despite being one of the biggest Mother fans you'll ever see, I actually hated :lucas: being in smash, and cried tears of joy upon finding out he got cut, and that Ness got his specials.

- I would rather play a 1 v 7 vs. :4sonic:'s than play against a good :4pikachu: player.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Has seriously no one here confessed to looking up one of the female characters' dresses yet? Yeah, I'm talking to you! That black void under Peach's dress didn't just go and discover itself!
There's not much to confess there, as I'm pretty sure everyone has seen that.

Here's my "confession", in that case:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
  • If it meant we at least got something, I wouldn't mind if and almost hope that future DLC is not supervised by Sakurai. It's pretty clear he needs a long break, but at the same time, Smash really is the kind of game that needs to keep expanding in order to survive.
  • It irritates me how people are telling me not to bother with Perfect Pivoting. I still maintain that mastering the neo-wavedash is what we all collectively need to do in order to be taken seriously.
  • Despite Brawl being my least favorite in the series, I still played it until its death for one reason and one reason only: With Anyone online play > being stuck against just CPUs or incredibly inconvenient prearranged matches.
  • I play as Mewtwo and experiment with Lucario mainly because I'm an incorrigible furry and think they're really attractive.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
  • I play as Mewtwo and experiment with Lucario mainly because I'm an incorrigible furry and think they're really attractive.
That would be me with Rosalina if it weren't for the fact I naturally main her and she was my most hyped and favourite character anyway.

Though I do occasionally do it with Palutena, ZSS, and Peach. Rosalina and ZSS look great on the Dragoon, in particular:

I do need to take more pictures with Palutena though, honestly.

Last edited:

DougX

Smash Champion
My Super Secret Underwater Volcano Lair in Space
NNID
Luigirasendori
3DS FC
0877-2652-6033
  • I really like the character Roy:roypm:... Even though I've also never played a Fire Emblem game as far as I remember. Melee always gave him such a cool vibe (Dat stance, duh fihuuur, the taunt) and from what I've seen, he seems to be pretty cool character in general.
  • Despite not wanting Dark Pit:4darkpit: to be in Smash 4, I ended up finding him to be more fun to use than Pit and now have him as a sort of tertiary character... I don't even know why. I just do.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom