• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Gentlemen's Quarterly Vol. 1 Issue 1 1/10/15

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
This tourney was rad.

Singles(22 entrants):
1: Denti ($132.00) :4diddy:
2: AeroLink ($66.00) :4diddy: :4palutena:
3: YellowRello ($22.00) :4yoshi::4ness:
4: Daft :4falcon:
5: minifox :4olimar:
5: Tex :4diddy:
7: TJJ :4shulk::4sonic::4greninja:
7: Rave :4megaman::4shulk::4myfriends:
9: icecream :4villager:
9: Labernash :4fox: :4dedede::4sonic::4shulk:
9: Psychoace :4falcon:
9: KVLT :4pacman:
13: Tim:substitute:
13: Locksmith :4shulk:
13: Bobert:4robinf::4shulk:
13: Runer:substitute:
17: Odnilhe:substitute:
17: Jerm:substitute:
17: Infamous_Prime:4fox:
17: Lun4 :4tlink:
17: Bush :4lucario:
17: Greed:substitute:

Doubles(8 teams):
1: YelloRello and Minifox (YelloRello and Minifox) ($48.00)
2: Denti and AeroLink (Denti and AeroLink) ($24.00)
3: Rave and Locksmith (Rave and Locksmith) ($8.00)
4: Tex and TJJ (Tex and TJJ)
5: Greed and Odnilhe (Greed and Odnilhe)
5: Bobert and Tim (Bobert and Tim)
7: Labernash and Lun4 (Labernash and Lun4)
7: KVLT and Infamous_Prime (KVLT and Infamous_Prime)

Triples(6 teams round robin):
1: YellowRello, Greed and Minifox (YellowRello, Greed and Minifox) ($22.50)
2: TJJ, Tex and odnilhe (TJJ, Tex and odnilhe) ($7.50)
3: Locksmith, Psychoace and Rave (Locksmith, Psychoace and Rave)
4: Labernash, Lun4 and Infamous_Prime (Labernash, Lun4 and Infamous_Prime)
5: Bush, Tim, and Bobert (Bush, Tim, and Bobert)
6: Denti, AeroLink, and Daft (Denti, AeroLink, and Daft)(forfeit after 1 match)

Last edited:

KVLTofMetal

Smash Lord
NNID
KVLTLancelot
Hype **** guys.
Shout Outs to DFW for taking our money
Shout outs to Denti for being awesome
Shout outs to Aerolink for the Palutena in Grand Finals
Show outs to Rello for being chill
Shout outs to the new guys, Tex and TJJ. Hit us up when you want to play!
Shout outs to Rave's side Smash
Shout outs to Labernash for all the friendlies
Shout outs to Infamous Prime for sucking ass in doubles and getting double elimed even though I told him not too
Oh and shout outs to Lun4 for letting me take his place in triples
I'll try and post these matches in the next couple weeks, but It'll depend on how long my computer is in the shop
GGs to all of you
2 stock sucked ass. 3 stocks pls.
Oh and triple pac man is the goat

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
Sorry that I couldn't stay and participate, but they needed me at work.

Icecream, hold a tourney not on a Saturday and you might just get money from me yet to play Smash 4.

It was nice seeing everyone save Psychoace, he seemingly got bodied and wasn't able to show.

Final shoutouts to rare footage of me semi-angry at my roommates, and then having to take it back because I told them 12:45, and also to Minifox/Minibro for putting up with the roommates and their friend during the ride to the Library yesterday.

Psychoace

Smash Champion
Sleep > doubles we woulda won doubles though had i showed in time, warning for next time.

The abilene homies are da ****, extra curriculars for the win. Rello x minifox da bess. Lol minibro!

Next time bring more setups guys like for real. I want muh dfw games next time and mm aerolunk in soul calibur 2 less go. Daft is a bro lets tag with double falcon sometime

Rave with tha 3ds practice master race and ike on delfino.

Tyler sucks get better

Jt is a buster

Great cave offensive is gahdlike

Im out

ravemaster47

Smash Ace
NNID
ravemaster47
1: Denti ($132.00) -great seeing you again! I can't wait to see ya again and try my hand at you.
2: AeroLink ($66.00) - great seeing you too man! I'll definitely head to a Dallas event just yo chill with ya!
3: YellowRello ($22.00) -insane dubs games man. Dat ness tho... lol great to see ya!
4: Daft -stupid SD on game 2. The salt is real. Lol ggs man!
5: minifox -tylah's numbah one playa! Ggs in doubles.
5: Tex -great seeing you guys. And glad you came! Fun stuff in doubles.
7: TJJ - dem shulk dittos tho....I'm terrible. Show me your ways.
7: Rave -good on ya man. For your firstsmash 4 tournament you rocked it. Just keep it up!
9: icecream scruuuuuuuub. Get on muh level. <3
9: Labernash - we need to get our head in the game. triple hydrant! Ftw!!!!!
9: Psychoace - I made you proud! Did you notice me sempai?
9: KVLT - never go bowser Jr. Fun stuff.
13: Tim- don't know if I played you. Thanks for coming!
13: Locksmith - good stuff man. Great partnering up with you! Hit me up if you ever wanna WiFi and get some practice in for the next one!
13: Bobert-such a weird set. Ah well next time man.
13: Runer- ggs man. Dem lemons just stopped ya in your tracks.
17: Odnilhe- ggs ontye friendlies. We should play some singles next time.
17: Jerm*come out more. Need you to smash moar
17: Infamous_Prime-you're still not on my level.
17: Lun4 - dem friendlies tho....
17: Bush -I wanted to play cario dittos! Lol. Ggs.
17: Greed-ggs man! Let's play moar!!!

Shout outs to taco bell
Shout outs to Ikes recovery.
Shout outs to 3ds masterrace

Last edited:

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
After hosting and playing this, I can objectively and logically conclude that 2 stock is not that bad.
I have more fun playing 3 stock, and there isn't much reason from that other than that I feel like I'm having more fun when I play it. That's it.

I will run 3-stock from here on out, but 2-stock isn't bad lol. chill.

BlinkIV

Avenger
wtf denti and aerolink lost doubles. dw me and denti bop you guys next time.

sad i couldn't make it, you saved yourselves from wet n wild...for the time being.

KVLTofMetal

Smash Lord
NNID
KVLTLancelot
After hosting and playing this, I can objectively and logically conclude that 2 stock is not that bad.
I have more fun playing 3 stock, and there isn't much reason from that other than that I feel like I'm having more fun when I play it. That's it.

Yessss
Finally a real tournament

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
I will work on getting a Wii U very soon, but it looks like a new TV will be the first piece of actual electronics I buy for mine and Chandra's place.

Smash 4 is really fun, and I may just buy a Rosalina amiibo for the hell of it.

moofpi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
moofpi
3DS FC
0473-8866-3506

I agree with this on paper, but we had 3 stock Smash 4 singles at KiT this past weekend and it wasn't bad until the end. Winners Finals with Pika (Esam) vs Diddy (M2K) for 5 matches which took a little while and was hype and Diddy got knocked into losers finals. Then Diddy (M2K) vs StaticManny (Sonic) for the longest sets of anyone's life, Static said he was falling asleep. Then the Grand Finals that no one really stuck around for because it was Diddy City with more 3 more matches of Esam vs M2K, resetting the bracket, and then another 4 matches I believe. Pikachu can only be so hype for so many consecutive 3 stock matches against the safest Diddy around.

3 stocks is fairer, agreed. Reflex as Wario had so many sick comebacks. But it just killed any hype, which is what people watching are all here for. Things will hopefully change, but I feel 2 stocks is just best for the game right now.

Last edited:

Psychoace

Smash Champion
Hey hey keitaro i see you creepin. Moofpi i think that had to do more with the players then the actual stock count. There def would have been some timeouts if it were 2 stock with a smaller time count. 2 or 3 Stocks dont bug me either way imma go in on you with the captain either way. I think people should strive to find more aggro options that counter defensive play in this game. Defense isnt as safe as it was in brawl, so im hoping there are ways to combat it we havent explored yet.

KVLTofMetal

Smash Lord
NNID
KVLTLancelot
Hey hey keitaro i see you creepin. Moofpi i think that had to do more with the players then the actual stock count. There def would have been some timeouts if it were 2 stock with a smaller time count. 2 or 3 Stocks dont bug me either way imma go in on you with the captain either way. I think people should strive to find more aggro options that counter defensive play in this game. Defense isnt as safe as it was in brawl, so im hoping there are ways to combat it we havent explored yet.
^
It really does have to do with who is playing. When people say 2 stocks is fair and fast but does that mean we all get punished and forced into 2 stock because m2k and 98 other Diddys choose to **** around on stream?
Also pretty Keitaro wanted 2 stock Brawl.
He biased

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
People literally putting their personal wants over the quality/health/longevity of the game.

Joke community.

Top Bottom