• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

smash game prep

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
what games are you playing to prepare for smash

currently I beaten
LOZ Skyward sword
puch out

currently playing
xenoblade chronicles

nessokman

Smash Lord
There was a thread on this a while back. I don't play many nintendo games now, so eh.

Spaceman

twitch.tv/spacemanstream
NNID
youlosttotoadgg
3DS FC
3497-1911-1309
How is Xenoblade Chronicles? I've heard it's a really great game but I can't find it anywhere except on the net. What games is it most like, as in; compared to it?

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Xenoblade Chronicles is like what Final Fantasy XII would have been if Final Fantasy XII didn't suck. That's the best way I can summarize it. It's a huge world jRPG with a combat system that blends some turn based and some real time elements, and the story is pretty decent too. The sidequests are beyond tedious and are basically nothing but grinding, but there's no a lot of reason you'd have to spend significant time on them so they're easily ignored.

I've played most interesting Nintendo games already; I'm just playing a lot of Pokemon X these days waiting for smash. It's not really preparation in any meaningful way, but my mighty Jumpluff strikes fear into the hearts of foes on ranked wifi so it's all good.

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
Xenoblade Chronicles is like what Final Fantasy XII would have been if Final Fantasy XII didn't suck.
Final Fantasy XII sucked? I must have missed that when I was busy loving every tantalising second of it. But yes, Xenoblade is definitely comparable.

Playing Bravely Default at the moment, which should be swiftly followed by Lightning Returns. Not that I hold any hope of these games being related to Smash, though.

But really, I'm preparing for Smash 4 by immersing myself in these forums, and trying to justify buying a Wii U to my girlfriend.

She ain't biting.

Zonderion

Smash Ace
NNID
Zonderion
SMW3D, LOZ WWHD, I was looking at Xenoblade, which I might get. Disney Infinity (isn't actually all that bad, especially when you have kids) And then when they come out: DKTF and MK8. And if they ever decide on a Mario Party for Wii U, I would probably get that.

D

Deleted member

In prep for SSB4 (and because I was interested in these games), I've bought:
-Mega Man 1-3
-EarthBound
-Metroid Prime Trilogy
-Punch Out!!
-Wario Land: Shake It!
-Xenoblade Chronicles
-Kid Icarus: Uprising
-Donkey Kong Country Returns

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Playing in general
Bunch of Virtual Console
Super Mario 3D World
Pikmin 3
The Wonderful 101
Pokémon X
other stuff

Playing to be prepared for Smash 4
Super Smash Bros. (64 on emulator)
Super Smash Flash 2 (v0.9a demo)
Super Smash Bros. Crusade (v0.9 Test demo)
Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion (Nintendo 3DS)
Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion XL (Wii)

Tree Cat

Smash Cadet
Currently playing dishonored. Will play BioShock infinite, the witcher 2, fallout 3, fallout nv, skyrim, tomb raider.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Playing to be prepared for Smash 4
Super Smash Bros. (64 on emulator)
Super Smash Flash 2 (v0.9a demo)
Super Smash Bros. Crusade (v0.9 Test demo)
Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion (Nintendo 3DS)
Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion XL (Wii)
Same here...

Spaceman

twitch.tv/spacemanstream
NNID
youlosttotoadgg
3DS FC
3497-1911-1309
Anywho I've been playing...

Rock Band 3
Runescape 2007
Brawl(my controller died, I just ordered a new one online)
Grand Theft Auto V

if anyone would play rock band with me i'd cry from how cool that would be

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
Mega man 1-6, mega man x1-2, very first metroid, brawl, smash 64, Mario kart wii and Mario kart 7, 3d world and 3d land, Kirby, punch out and will be getting tropical freeze next month.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I did this for Playstation All Stars. I picked up Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, Little Big Planet, Killzone, and Dead Zone (post-release) in order to understand the characters thinking "They are going to be adding tons of content from these series and I will have no idea who or what they are!" Needless to say, there wasn't a lot of content and I would of saved money if I had just read the wikis. Though I became a fan of all of the franchises I picked up (with the sole exception of Ratchet and Clank).

However, I know Nintendo franchises well so I don't really need to know any back story/information about the characters. But for ****s and giggles, I am playing through Twilight Princess and Mario Galaxy (the later because I never finished it).

Reznor

work in progress
replaying Kirby games and playing some I have missed
got the new Mario&Luigi game
playing Megaman games on my 3DS

I beat Megaman 1 expecting the others to be just as hard .... Megaman 2 is SOOOO much easier :b:
yay Metal Blades

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Just recently beat WWHD and SM3DW.

Next Nintendo games on my list are Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword. I'm also getting a strong urge to purchase the Metroid Prime Trilogy since I still have yet to play any of those games and only hear great things about the series. Also haven't finished Fire Emblem Awakening yet.

But recently most of my time has been dedicated Melee/ProjectM, the Mass Effect series, and Gears of War 3 for my online shooter fix.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Super Mario 3D World
Megaman X
Pikmin 3
Pokemon Y

Top Bottom