• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash for Wii U 2018 Competitive Ruleset

NINTENDO Galaxy

Smash Ace
NNID
NINTEN_Galaxy
3DS FC
2836-0624-6177
Switch FC
SW 0903-5888-6097
To me the entire complaint about Miiverse posts messing up tournies was a red herring. Setups at events would not be able to show miiverse posts since the stage required an connection to the internet while playing, so it would just be a empty background.

Miiverse shutting down changes none of this. We could of had the stage before too.

It's not like a Wii U finds the nearest hotspot and connects automatically.

I think the community just made that miiverse excuse out of thin air and ran with it without actually doing any testing or questioning whatsoever.

I could go on and on of different ways and reasons why and how people could and could not connect their systems to the internet but it distracts from the point and really does not matter unless you focus on it to make a minor issue sound huge.

Similar with the Mii Fighters, decisions were rushed because nobody wanted to deal with it.

[mod edit, deleted some posts, but kept the following as it was still good]

For what exactly?

If you mean Mii Fighters and Miiverse, I'd say yes. It's just going to be a hard battle since the community let the issue fester for 3 years and counting.

Multiple times pro free Mii players have tried to spread accurate information through videos, documents, etc but it seems like many people do not pay attention to them, avoid them entirely, or call them crazy.

I think they feel better agreeing with the top players who spread videos about Mii Fighters as a whole being busted when in reality, all they are doing is complaining about one move.

If you have been in the 4br competitive impressions thread, we recently got through a conversation on banning Bayonetta due to the Genesis 5 performance.

A user pointed out how eerily similar the current conversation at the time was to the Mii Fighters dilemma.

Found it. https://smashboards.com/posts/21905511/

Last edited by a moderator:

NINTENDO Galaxy

Smash Ace
NNID
NINTEN_Galaxy
3DS FC
2836-0624-6177
Switch FC
SW 0903-5888-6097
Nope, not at all. I think it was last year or 2 years ago, due to the intial backlash the community had to Bayonetta once she entered the competitive scene, Spain held a ban on the character.

I do not know the specifics but it may have been for a local or a regional event. Anywho, that news spread fast.

A little more into the Mii drama is that whenever users tried to bring up Miis, the thread would erupt into a panic and tell us to take the Mii talk elsewhere. They wanted none of it.

The negative backlash to Bayonetta is so bad that Kotaku made an article over it. Youtubers and people on Twitter have made memes of it, and some players get so mad at Bayonetta that they take their hate for the character out on the players.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
I'm not entirely sure on what you mean. Just saying out of confusion.
If you connected to online while playing Smash on stream, instead of it being a "distraction", it would just be funny as hell to see all the stupid messages that come up in the background while people are playing.

Mr. G&W

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mr.G-W
3DS FC
4725-7944-0757
Switch FC
SW-1951-5696-0402
If you connected to online while playing Smash on stream, instead of it being a "distraction", it would just be funny as hell to see all the stupid messages that come up in the background while people are playing.
Like a Twitch stream? (Sorry, just really ticked off at something else and thus can't think straight.)

Top Bottom