• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash For Charity?

Would you be willing to participate?

• Hell yeah!

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Most likely.

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I'm not too sure.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Probably not.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Nate$

Smash Satan
NNID
TheKisameH
Hey guys and gals! I'm KisameH I'm from Toronto, Ontario and I was wondering if people would be willing to participate in a smash tourny for charity! People think gamers aren't productive and I figure let's prove them wrong, my thoughts were that we could do everything from Smash 64 all the way to Project M and the typical singles and doubles. The charity I was thinking that we would be donating to would be Child's Play, if you're not familiar with the charity here is a link to their website http://www.childsplaycharity.org/ . I see it as an opportunity for us older gamers to help some younger and less fortunate gamers and with a game we all love! (Yes there will be prizes, I'm working on getting sponsoring) Let me know what you guys think! Thanks guys.

Nate$

Smash Satan
NNID
TheKisameH
When is this event and where will the event be located?
These are things that I haven't been able to secure yet as before I start to commit to any dates/venues I want to have a rough estimate of how many people are willing to show up and participate, what companies are willing to donate prizes and things of that like. The venue will be within the GTA (Greater Toronto Area for those who don't know) and the date all depends on how long I need to book the venue in advance for and how many people will be willing to participate.

Luigi_Lova62

Smash Journeyman
I'd be so down... like... i haven't been on smashboards in like forever, I haven't even touched melee in years... and now my Luigi in SSBM is super rusty. lol

idea

Smash Master
Sure, why not :) A&C Games already hosts tournaments for various smash games all the time. They have tons of CRT tvs and a number of consoles, too. Though they normally charge $10 venue fee, and the space would limit attendance to...I'd say 60-70 people

Top Bottom