• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash down + Thunder? Spammable Combo?

Mr. Game and Pichu

Smash Journeyman
Whenever I face my friend as Pikachu, I usually just use attacks that deal damage, like the forward grab, and so forth. But when I make my opponent have around 170% or more, I use a smash down to make him go airborne and use a thunder, or 2 If I miss the first time. I use this combo with Pikachu 24/7 and I am wondering: Is this a cheap combo or not?

lmntolp

Smash Apprentice
Well, if your opponent knows to keep flicking the control stick up and away while pikachu is doing dsmash, they can escape being launhed by the last hit of dsmash.

Lunar Flare

Smash Rookie
Whenever I face my friend as Pikachu, I usually just use attacks that deal damage, like the forward grab, and so forth. But when I make my opponent have around 170% or more, I use a smash down to make him go airborne and use a thunder, or 2 If I miss the first time. I use this combo with Pikachu 24/7 and I am wondering: Is this a cheap combo or not?
it is not cheap, but equally ineffective.

First of all, you should have KOd your opponent by 170 % :S

Thunder is great to abuse when the opponent is off screen , because it makes it more difficult to air dodge. Dont rely on d-smash for the knock back, err up. Up smash, combo'd into a nice aerial combo should be great.

5ive

Smash Champion
Not a combo.
Not reliable.
Dsmash can be smash DI'd out of.
Thunder is predictable.

No.

Zylar

Smash Ace
If you can get your opponent to 170% without spamming them, then you can KO them without it.
But don't use that.
Also we have a Q&A thread, you should have posted your question there rather than make a new thread.

Top Bottom