• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Dojo update: Proof that Sakurai knows exactly what he's doing.

rampant_apart

Smash Apprentice
Did anyone check out the last Dojo update with Ganondorf?

Some of the picture captions are hilarious self-aware. It looks like Sakurai knew exactly how Ganondorf's run would look to the rest of us. Heh.

He runs while panting... "Uff uff uff!"

And regarding the sword:

He takes out the sword he stole from the six Sages and takes a look at it.

... Then puts it away.

What are you putting it away for? Use it! People tend to make fun of Ganondorf for this.

HAHAHA! It's just fun to see how connected Sakurai is with the fanbase to know to poke fun at both the lack of sword action and Ganon's power walk. Ah well. Ganondorf pride regardless.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I found the entire update to be insulting. In my opinion he knew exactly what he was doing when he made Ganondorf and it is insult to every Ganon player as well as Zelda fan.

Vice Lord

Smash Apprentice
Scarborough, Ontario (Scarberian barbarians)
Yeah goodoldganon i was a bit disappointed too, even though i'm not a Ganon mainer. Although i got myself hyped up pre brawl release that he would get a sword and the energy ball from ocarina of time, but i was just deluding myself =/ I do like his new side-B move though, and the addition of anti-flinch frames on certain attacks.

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
It doesnt matter to me about tripping.. people mainly trip when Im playing, and I usually never trip.

Maku

Smash Apprentice
Ganon was a dissapointment in this one..
I know at least 3 Ganon players who made the switch too Ike or somebody else..

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Ganon was a dissapointment in this one..
I know at least 3 Ganon players who made the switch too Ike or somebody else..
We play free for alls a lot so I try to steer away from Ike. I'm not a noob who cries that Ike's smashes are OP and neither are my friends, but among the chaos Ike can quickly shorten a match or ruin someones entire game. But I love Ike for 1v1s. In all honesty I feel Ike is the reason Ganon doesn't have a sword because we'd have two slow, powerful sword users.

Blackadder

Smash Master
I actually found the update pretty amusing.

Sure, Ganondorf doesn't have his sword, and I was pissed off about that at the start... but he's still pretty badass regardless.

SN3S

Smash Apprentice
I actually found the update pretty amusing.

Sure, Ganondorf doesn't have his sword, and I was pissed off about that at the start... but he's still pretty badass regardless.
Same here.

He doesn't need the sword: he's just that awesome. Now if he had two smash moves with the range/priority/speed of Ike's with that sword, it'd be game over for half the cast :laugh:

willtheshadow

Smash Cadet
im ok with him ot being a sword user. I actually prefer it that way. But he should have had an attack or two with the sword imo.

Zerstoren

Smash Rookie
^ Evidently not. I've heard, but not seen, he wields his sword briefly during the little movie that plays at the completion of a game mode for a particular character.

If I had designed Ganon, he would have had two forms:
1) The Twilight Prisoner: Chained, impaled with a sword; but wields very powerful magical attacks
2) The King of Thieves: Pulls sword out, breaks chains, proceeds to ownage

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
sakurai didn't design ganon himself, there was a team of character designers who DESIGNED CHARACTERS. he was the director of the game, he didn't literally make the entire game by himself on his little high tech japanese laptop.

stop blaming him for ****.

goodolganon's post on page 1 is what inspired this post...

Black/Light

Smash Master
I found the entire update to be insulting. In my opinion he knew exactly what he was doing when he made Ganondorf and it is insult to every Ganon player as well as Zelda fan.
I fully agree. I find it a insult purely as a LoZ fan. It's like. . .he only cares about making Link reflect the corrent LoZ series.

He has made it blunt and clear that nomatter what happens in the series Zelda will always, in the smash series games that he makes, transform into Sheik (Im still confused as to why Sheik is there. . . from one LoZ game from years ago. . .and Mewtwo is canned) and Ganon wont use a sword. . .and lil Link will always be a clone.

And people don't make fun of Ganon for not using a sword. . .they rant about Sakurai's dissregard for the LoZ series.

And I don't think Ike is to blame for Ganon not getting a sword. They arent afraid to make 2 characters be simular in stats and weapons. I personally think that they could have made Ganon with a sword move like Char. . . slow a** walk but glides as a dash as fast as Pika runs.

And to the guy above. . .Sakurai is the one who MADE the moves up. He talked about how he used micro man dolls to pose for human character's moves (like GANON) and took pics of them to give to the animators. He talked about how he looked at each frame to time the moves of each character out right. He talked about how he knows he made Sonic's jump a "gimmick".

He was the one behind the moves. . . and he is the reason for this insult, not random Joe #15.

Cyringohn

Smash Rookie
Ganondorf's fighting style is just fine. He could use a new d.Smash, Up B, and Down B, but that's about it. I'd rather not see him as another sword-wielder.

His new u.Smash and f.tilt are perfect examples of how he has a style of his own now. Basically, he just does one giant stomp to your face and LIGHTS OUT.

hario.hige

Smash Cadet
I'm surprised that you claim personal injury over Sakurai's creative decisions. Bad idea for Ganondorf to retain so many clone elements? Yes. An idea inspired by the thought of bringing great anger and sadness to the world? Hardly.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Ganon seems like a unfinished character, everything about him just sucks now. Ganon in melee was hella slow but he kicked *** and he had a good edge game. This Ganon has none of that. The only resemblance I see is the fact that they both have piss poor recoveries but Melee Ganon still has a better recovery.

HiIH

Smash Lord
Ganon looks like joke, to be honest.

If I ever had to design a tier list based on playability, I'd personally throw him at the bottom. He's so much worse...

And how he looks? Honestly, he looks more like toon ganondorf, than ganondorf.

Massiveguns

Smash Apprentice
if they are going to give a character like ganon COMPLETLY useless move like Nuetral B i want to see the thing act like a home run bat ..... u are stupid and you got hit... NOW U DIE as far as using a sword.... ganon will never stoop so low at to using a sword in smash bros... when he wins a fight it will remind him of how marth or ike must feel.. I SAID IT!

Top Bottom