• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Crossover

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
Do you ever see them Nintendo doing a crossover fighting game? The most obvious game would be Playstation All-Stars. They could do something similar to Street Fighter X Tekken and Tekken X Street Fighter. The Nintendo consoles would get Playstation All-Stars characters with Smash gameplay, and the Playstation consoles would get Nintendo characters with All-Stars gameplay. Now I know that the odds of this happening our next to zero, but I just think it would be cool having characters like Crash, Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, and Sly in Smash.

Ridles the Space Pirate

Smash Journeyman
Super smash Bros. x PlayStation All-star Battle Royale is kind of a mouth full.
I doubt something like this would ever happen unless Sony and Nintendo somehow become best friends in the future, which is to say, highly unlikely.

Nielicus

Smash Lord
At first I was like "Wtf Smash is a crossover fighting game lol!" But I get what you're saying. I can see Smash x Street Fighter or Tekken but that's it really

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Nintendo X Capcom should definitely be a thing, but they should use the physics of the Capcom / Street Fighter games as opposed to Smash rules, so Smash bros. is all the more special.

Nielicus

Smash Lord
Nintendo X Capcom should definitely be a thing, but they should use the physics of the Capcom / Street Fighter games as opposed to Smash rules, so Smash bros. is all the more special.
Hm, true this would be interesting.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
It would be interesting to see if it would be possible to pull off a Smash Bros x Street Fighter with some sort of hybrid mechanics. Smash Bros x PSASBR will never happen both because of console wars and the fact that PSASBR isn't really a big enough franchise to warrant a crossover with Smash. Smash Bros x Mortal Kombat would be hilarious, if only to see Kirby's fatality be swallowing an opponent whole, only to spit out a skeleton dripping with stomach acid. (Needless to say, Nintendo would never in a million years let this actually happen)

Raijinken

Smash Master
I think (and hope) it won't happen. Smash is already a crossover, as mentioned before. No need to cross a crossover with another crossover. Plus, unlike a lot of existing crossovers, Smash's gameplay mechanics are very different from others.

I could see SIMILAR crossovers, just not a Smash-centric one. After all, Link appeared in Soul Calibur.

ItsRainingGravy

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5960-2538-9300
Smash vs Capcom crossover would probably be the most logical choice.

Smash x Capcom = Crossover game with Smash Bros Mechanics

Capcom x Smash = Released around the same time, but has Street Fighter-like mechanics.

My personal wish? Smash x Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball.

.....don't give me that look.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993

Capcom x Smash = Released around the same time, but has Street Fighter-like mechanics.

My personal wish? Smash x Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball.

.....don't give me that look.
That is exactly what I was thinking minus the Volleyball, though Smash does have more female characters now.

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627

I would agree with this.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Nintendo Vs. Capcom would be pretty awesome.

QuickRat

Smash Journeyman
I think I would only accept something like Nintendo vs Capcom (Smash gameplay) and Capcom vs Nintendo (Street Fighter gameplay). But that's not gonna happen. Maybe something with SEGA, but I can't imagine Kirby or Ristar in a Virtua Fighter like game.

D

Deleted member

A Nintendo x Capcom game would be nice.. but it'd be developed by Capcom. :troll:
Nah, but seriously it'd be a great idea.

Scourge The Hedgehog

Evil Sonikku
NNID
JayJayPlushie
3DS FC
2535-4437-8099
Personally I would never want that to happen. Sakurai would never stand for it though although the fact he is allowing Namco Bandai to do balancing is a start. You never know.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
Smash vs Capcom vs Marvel vs PS All Stars vs Ubisoft vs Tekken vs Soul Caliber vs Mortal Kombat vs DC.

That's like 300 characters.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
Nintendo vs. Capcom is the most likely now that Marvel has taken Capcom's license to distribute Marvel vs. Capcom games with it as it ventures boldly into the world of bad mobile fighters. Capcom's in need of a crossover partner and Nintendo needs Wii U content. I'd imagine it would have Marvel vs. Capcom mechanics in order to differentiate it from Smash and be made by Capcom since Nintendo's dev teams are already stretched to the limit trying to support the system. It probably won't happen since Capcom doesn't care about the Wii U right now and Nintendo might be reluctant to get behind anything which might be seen as competing with Smash. (If they do try it, it won't be announced until some time after Smash comes out)

Beatness

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Beatness
3DS FC
5412-9896-3151
I don't think Smash Bros would ever crossover, but I could see something like Nintendo Vs. Capcom happening. Since Smash bros is kinda already a crossover in the first place.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Can't wait to do a Ultra combo with Mario in Killer Instinct.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
So you want a crossover game to crossover with a game? Ok. :laugh:
But seriously, maybe something like Smash x Playstation All-stars would be pretty cool.

SuicidalYoshi

Smash Rookie
NNID
SirZeldaNerd
Crossover-ception. But seriously, I don't see them ever doing this. If only Sony and Nintendo were to be good buddies, if only Nintendo didn't leave the PlayStation for CD-i.

Canuckduck

Smash Ace
Super Smash Bros. X Street Fighter X Mortal Kombat X Tekken X Marvel X World Heroes X My Little Pony X Mickey Mouse

That would sell 50 million.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
If it WERE to happen (and still be in Smash Brothers type of gameplay), then SSBxMarvel would make my life, probably.

domriver

Smash Lord
Interesting. However, I doubt Sony + Microsoft would want to work with Nintendo regarding a fighting game regardless possibly of being the best crossover ever.

Nintendo vs Sega could be quite the reality with how close those two are getting.
I can actually see this happening. Also with Capcom.

Power Stone 3, featuring Nintendo. Make it happen.
This please Nintendo. Power Stone 2 was such an awesome game in my opinion. :)

Nintendo vs. Capcom is the most likely now that Marvel has taken Capcom's license to distribute Marvel vs. Capcom games with it as it ventures boldly into the world of bad mobile fighters. Capcom's in need of a crossover partner and Nintendo needs Wii U content. I'd imagine it would have Marvel vs. Capcom mechanics in order to differentiate it from Smash and be made by Capcom since Nintendo's dev teams are already stretched to the limit trying to support the system. It probably won't happen since Capcom doesn't care about the Wii U right now and Nintendo might be reluctant to get behind anything which might be seen as competing with Smash. (If they do try it, it won't be announced until some time after Smash comes out)
True, but Capcom can't dismiss such an idea with possibilities of making huge amounts of $$$$$$$$. I'm all for it! Sounds great.

* waiting for Marvel vs Disney *

Last edited:

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Capcom!I want to keep megaman and put in Monster Hunter.Also why do I keep hearing Nintendo should buy capcom did something happen to capcom?

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Wait, what happened to Marvel vs. Capcom? Are they just stopping forever or what?

Either way, Nintendo vs. Capcom would be amazing. I'll have to work on a roster for that.

TORNADO BUS DRIVER

Smash Lord
Huh. Well that blows. Just when I was going to get interested into the series too. :ohwell:

Watch it be DC vs. Capcom now.
Shame, we better get Tatsunoko vs. Capcom 2 one day...Marvel/DC vs Tatsunoko. oh boy that'ed be the best.

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
Smash Bros X Mario Party

All playable characters on 10 unique boards!

Mini games consist of edited rules for free for all, 2v2s, and even 3v1!

Solo mini games consist of single player events and Smash Run!

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Do you ever see them Nintendo doing a crossover fighting game? The most obvious game would be Playstation All-Stars. They could do something similar to Street Fighter X Tekken and Tekken X Street Fighter. The Nintendo consoles would get Playstation All-Stars characters with Smash gameplay, and the Playstation consoles would get Nintendo characters with All-Stars gameplay. Now I know that the odds of this happening our next to zero, but I just think it would be cool having characters like Crash, Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, and Sly in Smash.
No. Playstation's "All Stars" are not in the same caliber as the Nintendo All Stars.

This would only serve to help Sony, Nintendo gets nothing out of this and Playstation All Stars Battle Royale is not worth anything.

Nintendo would be shooting themselves in the foot to do this.

The only people that Nintendo should cross over with are these:

Sega.

Capcom.

Sony is the enemy, giving them anything Nintendo related would be the most idiotic thing Nintendo would ever do.

Top Bottom