• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Crossover

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
No. Playstation's "All Stars" are not in the same caliber as the Nintendo All Stars.

This would only serve to help Sony, Nintendo gets nothing out of this and Playstation All Stars Battle Royale is not worth anything.

Nintendo would be shooting themselves in the foot to do this.

The only people that Nintendo should cross over with are these:

Sega.

Capcom.

Sony is the enemy, giving them anything Nintendo related would be the most idiotic thing Nintendo would ever do.
Actually, Microsoft and EA are the enemies, Sony still makes creative and inventive games under all the grittybrown shooter bull****. And Playstation All-Stars would be way more worthy if it had the guys that made the Playstation 1 great, like Crash, Spyro and Lara Croft.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Especially since Nintendo already got Sony's biggest all star, :snake:. :troll:
Pretty much and Snake is not even a Sony character, but not just that:

Unlike Nintendo's characters, Sony's characters have not survived the Test of time.

The only ones that are still around are:

Drake (Drake's Fortune)
Sackboy (Little Big Planet)
Ratchet and Clank
Jak And Daxter
Kratos (God of Wars)

That is not many to fall back on when the majority of their characters have survived.

Sega and Capcom are the best options when it comes to cross overs, because both of them have characters that have stood the test of time and recognizable.

Only Sega and Capcom characters are worthy to be in a full fledged crossover with Nintendo, maybe Konami's as well.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Actually, Microsoft and EA are the enemies, Sony still makes creative and inventive games under all the grittybrown shooter bull****. And Playstation All-Stars would be way more worthy if it had the guys that made the Playstation 1 great, like Crash, Spyro and Lara Croft.
Sony is competing against Nintendo in the games market, they are not allies.

Still, Nintendo would be completely stupid for allowing their characters to appear on separate consoles, taking out what makes Nintendo consoles so appealing.

Sony barely makes games anymore, they are strictly relying on Third Parties to pay off the money their own First Party games don't make.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Sony is competing against Nintendo in the games market, they are not allies.

Still, Nintendo would be completely stupid for allowing their characters to appear on separate consoles, taking out what makes Nintendo consoles so appealing.

Sony barely makes games anymore, they are strictly relying on Third Parties to pay off the money their own First Party games don't make.
I'm just stating facts :I
It's a shame Sony has to do that to sustain themselves...because their first-party games are fantastic...unfortunately, most people who purchase a PS4 don't purchase it to play fantastic, creative, colorful games...

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I'm just stating facts :I
It's a shame Sony has to do that to sustain themselves...because their first-party games are fantastic...unfortunately, most people who purchase a PS4 don't purchase it to play fantastic, creative, colorful games...
Well, Nintendo and Sony are competing in the Consoles market so they are not allying anytime soon.

For me, Sony's games were the best when Sony mainly competed against Nintendo, instead of mainly competing against Microsoft.

Unfortunately, Sony's games like Jak and Daxter and Ratchet and Clank do not return good revenue (they are the only ones I care about at this point).

Sony started going down hill when they started competing against Microsoft. Without developing their games to compete with Nintendo's games, Sony's games lost their luster for me.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
I know Nintendo vs Capcom in the style of the Vs Capcom games has been kicked around quite often as a fan favorite possibility from both sides of the fence..even Ono, the Street Fighter director, and Niitsuma, the director of Tatsunoko vs Capcom and Marvel vs Capcom 3, have stated they'd love to do a fighting game Crossover with Nintendo.

Honestly, it'd be great to see Nintendo's all-stars in a more traditional Fighting Game for the first time (aside from Link being in Soul Calibur II) and some characters, like Capt. Falcon, are just screaming to be in such a game.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
No. Playstation's "All Stars" are not in the same caliber as the Nintendo All Stars.

This would only serve to help Sony, Nintendo gets nothing out of this and Playstation All Stars Battle Royale is not worth anything.

Nintendo would be shooting themselves in the foot to do this.

The only people that Nintendo should cross over with are these:

Sega.

Capcom.

Sony is the enemy, giving them anything Nintendo related would be the most idiotic thing Nintendo would ever do.
I wouldn't say Sony is the enemy I like them better then Microsoft. I don't see how it would hurt Nintendo either since they would keep Smash Bros game play while Sony gets PS All-Stars. Nintendo would also get a few really cool characters to add to their game.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
I wouldn't say Sony is the enemy I like them better then Microsoft. I don't see how it would hurt Nintendo either since they would keep Smash Bros game play while Sony gets PS All-Stars. Nintendo would also get a few really cool characters to add to their game.
It would hurt them because Nintendo needs their exclusives and giving people the option to play as their characters in a game released on a rival system that is outselling them would make it so that version likely would sell better then their own.

Its a Win for Sony because Nintendo characters are much more popular and marketable then their own characters and a Lose for Nintendo because people would buy Sony's version more since more people would have that system while they would gain far less popular characters then Sony gained.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Actually it would hurt Nintendo. Nintendo's consoles sell because you can only find Nintendo characters on Nintendo consoles. Giving Sony the ability to have their characters on Sony's consoles would help Sony and cause more people to refuse to buy Nintendo products saying that Nintendo should release games on Sony consoles.

You do not help those who you are competing with in the Video Game market.

I would not necessarily call the characters in Sony PS All-Stars cool, popular yes, but not cool.

Nintendo has everything to lose, but Sony has everything to gain.

Nintendo gains nothing worth while in this scenario.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
Actually it would hurt Nintendo. Nintendo's consoles sell because you can only find Nintendo characters on Nintendo consoles. Giving Sony the ability to have their characters on Sony's consoles would help Sony and cause more people to refuse to buy Nintendo products saying that Nintendo should release games on Sony consoles.

You do not help those who you are competing with in the Video Game market.

I would not necessarily call the characters in Sony PS All-Stars cool, popular yes, but not cool.

Nintendo has everything to lose, but Sony has everything to gain.

Nintendo gains nothing worth while in this scenario.
I do see your point I didn't think about it like that. I guess it would only be a win for us.

Nintendo vs. Capcom could inherit the gameplay from the probably-futureless Marvel vs. Capcom series.

If Nintendo crossed over significantly with another company for a fighting game, I'd prefer it be the 1v1 variety and nothing like Smash.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Nintendo vs. Capcom could inherit the gameplay from the probably-futureless Marvel vs. Capcom series.

If Nintendo crossed over significantly with another company for a fighting game, I'd prefer it be the 1v1 variety and nothing like Smash.
Not only that, but Niitsume, the director of Marvel vs Capcom 3 & Tatsunoko vs Capcom, mentioned wanting to do a 3-Way VS Game..why not expand on the Mario, MegaMan, Sonic thing of Super Smash Bros. and make Nintendo vs Sega vs Capcom, throw in characters from Sonic, Virtua Fighter, Valkyria Chronicles, its new Atlus Properties (such as Persona, since Persona 4 Arena gave many of the characters fighting game moves and properties), and more.

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
I would like to see a Smash Bros. All-Stars were it's not a crossover with a particular company but with 3rd parties in general. It would be a game were the Nintendo side would get slimmed down to 1 or 2 reps per series and half of the roster would be filled up with all kinds of 3rd party characters. The gameplay should feel like it's based on Smash but still plays way different. Maybe 1v1 based with some more advanced inputs, maybe include super bars for characters in stead of having smash balls. I dunno, anything that makes it a totally separate entry in the smash series.

Just an example roster of how I could see this.

Mario, Bowser, Yoshi, DK, Samus,
Link, Pit, Kirby, Pikachu, Lucario,
Fox, Falcon, Olimar, WTF, Marth.

Pac-man, Sonic, Megaman, Bomberman, Snake,
Crash, Spyro, Klonoa, Rayman, Ryu,
Monster Hunter, Simon Belmont, Leon S Kennedy, Black Mage(FF), Slime(DQ)

Top Bottom