• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic South Smash Club @ UAB Presents DTS 1

Smash Club @ UAB Presents DTS 1
Posted by Wundermittens
Heritage Hall on UAB Campus
Saturday, March 5, 2016 - 02:00 PM
Until: Saturday, March 5, 2016 - 10:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/Chicago)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Chicago

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Tr4n

Smash Cadet
If you do not want to come to the tournament, then don't come. If you do not like the rules at a tournament, then don't go. However, constantly harrassing Wundermittens about the decision that he and I made is not going to make us change it. Call us whatever you like, be mad, we do not care. This is our tournament. This is our decision. If you cant respect that, then do not come to our tournament.

rolfcopter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BabySteps
Did i say something wrong Or do something bad? Not really sure. Oh well haha. Thats what happens. Given the situation im proud Of myself.

Sweaters

Smash Journeyman
Nah I would have been able to respect his decision if had even given a somewhat reasonable explanation other than "cause it's dumb" when he doesn't even play Melee, but instead he first questions why I even care if I'm not going, which should be obvious because I care a lot about how a player's tournament experience is, and calls me a "kid" for no apparent reason other than to make himself look superior. That is why I can't respect his opinion at all.

Last edited:

Wundermittens

UAB Smash Club VP
NNID
Panionator
Nah I would have been able to respect his decision if had even given a somewhat reasonable explanation other than "cause it's dumb" when he doesn't event play Melee, but instead he first questions why I even care if I'm not going, which should be obvious because I care a lot about how a player's tournament experience is, and calls me a "kid" for no apparent reason other than to make himself look superior. That is why I can't respect his opinion at all.
All I have recieved from you is crap. All the time. You posted multiple times how awful we are for hosting our tournament. Even when we explained the situation you still gave us crap. On Facebook, you posted about BIO on my flyer post. On our tournament thread you gave me crap. When you came to a meeting you walked in and started yelling a fit which I apologized for.
I complimented your tournament, invited you to our club meetings, and have smiled and been nice the whole time. Today, I gave my opinion on wobbling and didn't just ban it because I don't like it. I'm pretty sure I said that wobbling has taken out many top teir players when they shouldn't have lost in tournament which is a real reason. Btw, the reason juggleguy banned is simply because he also throught it was cheap and he was the TO and people respect that. AND PEOPLE STILL CAME. And for giving my opinion and setting a rule for my own tournament I've again recieved crap from you. So yes, you have been acting like a child for the last few weeks. That is a fact.

Please just leave us alone. Please.
No more. No more comebacks. No more salt. Just stop.

Doc_Pickle

Smash Apprentice
One thing you need to know about Sweaters and most of the people "complaining" in this thread is that they want what is the absolute best for the Alabama Smash Scene. The reason why Sweaters and so many other people have been so loud about BIO and this tourney being on the same day is because it hurts the scene.

People want your tourney and the UAB smash scene to be successful. Putting on an aggressive tone and trying to shut down any and all suggestions is not a way to build good will in a community that is run on that good will.

Zylo

Smash Journeyman
Thank you for eliminating any apprehensions I had about not attending these tournaments. You've made the decision very easy for everyone.

Flame Blade 2

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
FIRE#119
NNID
Flame_Blade_2
3DS FC
5473-0513-9540
Can I come take 1st in 64 and place top 3 in Melee/PM since anyone with real skill in those games will probably be at BIO? Legit question I love money especially when it's free!

Sweaters

Smash Journeyman
All I have recieved from you is crap. All the time. You posted multiple times how awful we are for hosting our tournament. Even when we explained the situation you still gave us crap. On Facebook, you posted about BIO on my flyer post. On our tournament thread you gave me crap. When you came to a meeting you walked in and started yelling a fit which I apologized for.
I complimented your tournament, invited you to our club meetings, and have smiled and been nice the whole time. Today, I gave my opinion on wobbling and didn't just ban it because I don't like it. I'm pretty sure I said that wobbling has taken out many top teir players when they shouldn't have lost in tournament which is a real reason. Btw, the reason juggleguy banned is simply because he also throught it was cheap and he was the TO and people respect that. AND PEOPLE STILL CAME. And for giving my opinion and setting a rule for my own tournament I've again recieved crap from you. So yes, you have been acting like a child for the last few weeks. That is a fact.

Please just leave us alone. Please.
No more. No more comebacks. No more salt. Just stop.
I haven't given you any crap for having your tournament on the same day as bio I just said I would be going to them over you guys in one thread cause I already made a commitment to their tournament, which I'm not even going to anymore, and I completely understand why you're having your tournament when you are and want to help you guys grow cause I like and get along with pretty much all the UAB guys. When I came to the first meeting I did not "start yelling a fit" I came over and complained sternly to you, Jacob, and Tristen cause the wrong building was put on the flier that you posted to our Facebook group, which I understand happens, cause I was legitimately upset because I walked around outside in the rain with a TV for 20 min looking for the right building. I did realize I was in the wrong and apologized to Tristan for it the next week. I really want the scene to thrive and adding in a stupid rule that is pretty much not used anywhere else will hurt some players and make their experience worse, so I understand that it is your decision, but I hope you reconsider.

Last edited:

Mitchell Mavec

Smash Rookie
If someone gets wobbled, its their fault for getting grabbed. End of story. I play a bad matchup against ICs and i think wobbling should always be legal!

La Flarb

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
LAF#966
User was warned for this post
Wobbling has always been legal at Evo,Apex,Zenith all tournaments we have a lot of Alabama IC's players and it would be a shame if you took away their main kill option and hype matches won be chain grabs and wobbling i am upset about this think you should change your less people will want to compete in your tournaments you could potentially be losin 50 dollars because of people who agree with me. Pleas!!!! Wobbling should be legal, its part of the game please dont disturb the peace.

im gonna come to your dumb ass tournament and wobble everyone and top 5

This is bull****
Sweaters is a much better TO and agrees with me and has the TO experience stop calling him a kid and listen to him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tr4n

Smash Cadet
I think we need to clarify whether or not mayonnaise is a viable instrument to play Smash with before we decide if its legal.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
Mayonnaise is a perfectly fair augmentation. Anyone can easily do it and all it does is make RNG more consistent.

PS I don't care about your tournament I'm in Texas.

Last edited:
Top Bottom