• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Chracters VS the Video Game Wrold Round 1 - Mario VS Spyro

Mario VS Spyro

• Mario

Votes: 33 76.7%
  • Spyro

Votes: 10 23.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JOE!

Smash Hero
Doesn't matter, he's plenty OP enough just with himself and the Warp Star.
And of course there's also those instances where Kirby can store and select abilities at will, thus negating the need for inhaling.
...yes it does, like: why is he OP rather than just stating he's OP?

Can he inhale all enemies in Kirby Games? If no, why not? Wouldn't other characters fit the "not inhale-able" criteria? Even with his copy abilities, are any of them notably powerful (such as Crash Kirby) and then, what do they do / can he use them at-will without having to go find like, a microphone enemy prior to the encounter? Etc.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
On Ganondorf, over on Factpile its generally accepted that the Master Sword isn't necessary to kill him, since regular weapons can harm him (OoT, TLoZ, OoX) and even kill/defeat him sometimes (TLoZ, OoX, FSA).
Rather, we think that he indeed has insane endurance, but IS still beatable without the Master Sword.

pitthekit

Smash Ace
No offense, but thats even worse. Ike has very little canon feats to go offf of. As far as we've seen, he's maybe peak human with a nice sword... and thats it.
Cloud, on the other hand, has bat**** crazy strength and speed, both alone could take on half the Smash Bros cast combined. Not to mention his equally broken materia, summons, and limit breaks....
A million Ike's would still get slaughtered by Cloud.
I'd reccomend Ike Vs. Lloyd Irving (Tales of Symphonia) as they have more similarities as well as MUCH more even power levels.
cloud would lose his ass to link since link has- giant mask, stone mask(cannot be seen w/o lens of truth) song of time,song of healing, golden gaunthlets, master sword(cloud has jenova cells, therefore master sword would consider cloud evil) oath to order and light arrow+ hyrule shield which does not break and withstand elements damage but not force. link has the triforce of courage: all status effects that are considered dark will not harm link.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
...yes it does, like: why is he OP rather than just stating he's OP?

Can he inhale all enemies in Kirby Games? If no, why not? Wouldn't other characters fit the "not inhale-able" criteria? Even with his copy abilities, are any of them notably powerful (such as Crash Kirby) and then, what do they do / can he use them at-will without having to go find like, a microphone enemy prior to the encounter? Etc.
I'd chalk up the 'not inhaling everyone' as game mechanics, especially since Meta Knight is one of them.
And yes, his Sword ability at maximum is powerful enough to destroy landscapes, and Fighter Kirby has the strength to punch cracks in the Earth.
And in Squeak Squad, Kirby stores abilities in his stomach and can use them at will.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
cloud would lose his *** to link since link has- giant mask, stone mask(cannot be seen w/o lens of truth) song of time,song of healing, golden gaunthlets, master sword(cloud has jenova cells, therefore master sword would consider cloud evil) oath to order and light arrow+ hyrule shield which does not break and withstand elements damage but not force. link has the triforce of courage: all status effects that are considered dark will not harm link.
Thats nice.
Except, Cloud speed blitzes.
And takes away Link's magic.
Reallly, the only thing keeping Link alive is the Four Sword/Cane of Byrna/Magic Cape/Magic Armor combo, but Cloud can simply prevent Link from using magic, thus royally screwing Link over.
Without his invcibility, Link is too slow and too weak to keep up with Cloud.

pitthekit

Smash Ace
Fair enough.
That said, I'd like to also aware you of Samus Vs. Master Chief. Read this thoroughly (and pay attention to the Samus advocators) and all will be made clear;
http://www.factpile.com/136-master-chief-vs-samus/
Alternatively, just ask and I'll give you multiple quotes from official Death Battle researchers as to how badly Samus stomps.
^.^
Samus wins.... she has darkburst from echoes which in the Italian translation it is called buco nero- which translates to black hole. also darkburst sucks in enemy and pulls them to a different dimension http://www.metroidwiki.org/wiki/Darkburst plus samus has unlimited beam ammo -ped suit. can jump forever with space jump . If we could only calculate how much energy one energy tank gives her to see how much damage halo weapons would do to her.

long story short samus just fires missiles and beam shots- master chief shield goes down- MC runs away- samus uses speed booster- Mc dies.

pitthekit

Smash Ace
Thats nice.
Except, Cloud speed blitzes.
And takes away Link's magic.
Reallly, the only thing keeping Link alive is the Four Sword/Cane of Byrna/Magic Cape/Magic Armor combo, but Cloud can simply prevent Link from using magic, thus royally screwing Link over.
Without his invcibility, Link is too slow and too weak to keep up with Cloud.
Can cloud see invisible people? cause stone mask makes him invisible. Also in oot and majoras mask whenever I use the ocarina time stops? Is this cannon or a game mechanic?

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Samus wins.... she has darkburst from echoes which in the Italian translation it is called buco nero- which translates to black hole. also darkburst sucks in enemy and pulls them to a different dimension http://www.metroidwiki.org/wiki/Darkburst plus samus has unlimited beam ammo -ped suit. can jump forever with space jump . If we could only calculate how much energy one energy tank gives her.

long story short samus just fires missiles and beam shots- master chief shield goes down- MC runs away- samus uses speed booster- Mc dies.
Congrats, you at least got one match right.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Can cloud see invisible people? cause stone mask makes him invisible. Also in oot and majoras mask whenever I use the ocarina time stops? Is this cannon or a game mechanic?
Cloud is fast enough to kill Link before the mask can even get on, so... yeah.
And using the Ocarina is practically asking Cloud to murder him, who would play a song during a fight to the death??

[Catlord] Kazoto Skytear

Smash Apprentice
cloud would lose his *** to link since link has- giant mask, stone mask(cannot be seen w/o lens of truth) song of time,song of healing, golden gaunthlets, master sword(cloud has jenova cells, therefore master sword would consider cloud evil) oath to order and light arrow+ hyrule shield which does not break and withstand elements damage but not force. link has the triforce of courage: all status effects that are considered dark will not harm link.
Please tell me this isn't a serious response

please

Pretty please??

[Catlord] Kazoto Skytear

Smash Apprentice
K

WELCOME TO DEATH BATTLE
HERE I'M GOING TO PROVE YOUR SORRY ASS WRONG

Just kidding I don't have time for this
http://www.factpile.com/840-cloud-strife-vs-link/

read

pitthekit

Smash Ace
Cloud is fast enough to kill Link before the mask can even get on, so... yeah.
And using the Ocarina is practically asking Cloud to murder him, who would play a song during a fight to the death??
how fast is cloud?? how fast can cloud swing his blade? link can play inverse song of time and slow the worlds speed by 1/3 . oh and death battle already did link vs cloud, link won since you're cloud is not as fast as you think. links giants mask combo + master sword would murder cloud and if all items are allowed then magic powder from links awakening would turn cloud into a chu chu.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
how fast is cloud?? how fast can cloud swing his blade? link can play inverse song of time and slow the worlds speed by 1/3 . oh and death battle already did link vs cloud, link won since you're cloud is not as fast as you think. links giants mask combo + master sword would murder cloud and if all items are allowed then magic powder from links awakening would turn cloud into a chu chu.
Link won that DEATH BATTLE by a hair. Its also worth noting that Cloud got nerfed A LOT.
The Giants Mask will only make Link a bigger, slower target. Unless Link wants his legs cut off, he isn't putting on that mask.
How the hell would Link put powder on Cloud? Last I checked, Cloud wasn't a mentally disabled vegetable.
Cloud's speed has been calc'd to be about Mach 7, I believe. I'll have to recheck for the actual numbers.

[Catlord] Kazoto Skytear

Smash Apprentice
But will it blend?

Link playing a song while about to be stabbed.

Death battle isn't 100%

Just like Game Theory. Their theories aren't solid.

I hate it when people like you think Death Battle in canonical information. So i guess I'll go make a game where Link vs Cloud is and make sure Cloud has the upper hand. Canonical obviously.

But yeah. Fact Pile has some serious *******, but if you dig deep enough you can find some of the best informed and well studied people. Cloud has superior speed but Death battle didn't take that into account. For example, when I though Strider would lose to Ryu Hayabusa. I forgot the difference in speed and infact Strider would utterly stomp. Now, back to Link vs Cloud. Cloud as mentioned NUMEROUS TIMES has superior speed to Link. Cloud also has much stronger magic abilities, attacks, and "stats" if you will as opposed to Link. Hey I was all up for Link beating Cloud until I studied them against each other. But yeah, Cloud will beat Link. Don;t be persistent

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
does the giant mask actually slow link down? If it doesnt... then ya
Perhaps not, but certainly a larger and clunkier target. Still nothing stopping Cloud from slicing off Link's legs,

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
By doing what? Stepping on Cloud? That isn't going to work unless Cloud is a mentally ******** vegetable.
Slash at Cloud? Clouds too fast for Link to land a hit.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Ok. Upon thinking about. Battles after this battle will not restrict invincibility statuses and the like. I will also be changing how the pattern works a bit. Smash characters, if they win, will advance to the next round. Both character from other video games will not necessarily advance to the next round if they win, depends on the next Smash character I bring. This makes it so I can pair the more powerful video game characters not in Smash without having to worry about it getting stale as much.

And hopefully this will make it to where I don't ahve to go through that discussion again.

Also lol at the Link VS Cloud discussion for the Mario VS Spyro round. xD

JOE!

Smash Hero
Again: if Link doesn't lose speed when giant, he can still react just as if he were normal sized no?

And does cloud travel at mach 7 in his games?

anywho, this is all pointless as there are 0 ground rules set up so we can just say that we use Fierce Diety with the magic armor, he plays the song of time while invincible to get more rupees as well as go back to when cloud was being born and kill him there or such

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Again: if Link doesn't lose speed when giant, he can still react just as if he were normal sized no?

anywho, this is all pointless as there are 0 ground rules set up so we can just say that we use Fierce Diety with the magic armor, he plays the song of time while invincible to get more rupees as well as go back to when cloud was being born and kill him there or such

I'll make the next round more cohesive, or try to at least. Call this first round a test in the waters if you will. :p

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207

Yes, but the difference is what he has to block and what he can see. Normal Link just lifts up his shield to defend, but as a giant, how will he defend his legs?
Does he need to? Sonic doesn't travel at his rediculous speeds all the time, why should Cloud?
And we can say that Cloud uses Silence to stop all of Link's magic use.
And Knights of the Round to kill Link before he can put on the armor.

[Catlord] Kazoto Skytear

Smash Apprentice

Can I summon God and boom Link's gone? :p

JOE!

Smash Hero
Which God?

Also, what I meant by the "mach 7" question is: where does that come from? Was it like in one random cinematic with special circumstances? Is it a regular occurrence that he can just take off like that?

And yeah, sonic does go at redic speeds when able, its just the platforming sections slow him down :p

EDIT:

Perhaps the rules need to be clearer like...

Only allow things they actually do in game-play? As some things could be set-up only for cinematic purpose / etc, such as Samus getting PTSD lol.

[Catlord] Kazoto Skytear

Smash Apprentice
Persona (extremely underpowered characters to go against link) summon Personas

which can summon God

THE God

and Lucifer and such.

So even though Link could easily stomp pretty much everyone from persona

God can be summoned and boom you're gone.

Top Bottom