• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Carolina Mk. 2 - There's a Snake in My Boot! (Melee, P:M, & UMVC3) Greenville, SC - Jan 11th

woundedust

Smash Apprentice
No no! No need to apologize, none of you did anything wrong. The hype was understandable (as well as completely tasteful) and I actually am glad you did it as it was the first time anyone ever was hype w/ a match involving me lol. I was just..yeah Having a mental attack on myself. Aside from just feeling kinda sick etc once Brandon started breaking through my Falcon on my third stock, I just kinda told myself I sucked and that there was no way I was gonna win, and it went downhill from there. Just ended it quickly to save myself the embarrassment of losing my cool w/ myself lol.

If anything, I apologize for letting the crowd down, and for letting Brandon down. Sorry guys.

As a player, I need to work equally on defeating myself as well as defeating others. Working on my mentality is a top priority for me now, so thank you for the experience <3
I remember my first hype match. It frustrated me to the point i didnt want to play. You get used to it. It happens

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Staph beatin yoself up
At least you didn't get STRAGHT last place at your first tourney(unless this wasn't your first)!
I did, it was demoralizing, despite the fact that I had a lot of fun in friendlies an all that.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Staph beatin yoself up
At least you didn't get STRAGHT last place at your first tourney(unless this wasn't your first)!
When I went to my first one, I got last, it was demoralizing, despite the fact that I had a lot of fun in friendlies an all that.

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
Staph beatin yoself up
When I went to my first one, I got last, it was demoralizing, despite the fact that I had a lot of fun in friendlies an all that.
True, I gotta stop doing that! Hey that's awesome that you got lots of friendlies in on your first one. I did terribly my 1st tourny as well lol

I mainly played from 2005-2009, I'm kinda like an old school SC player trying to jump back into the game now that I've seen how active the community is these days! I feel like I still need to unrust some still from my former days, and I hope to perform better at the next 1up games tournament. :)

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Are we all in SC Melee?
I was gonna make a chat just for the peps in greenville so we could do stuff

Player -0

Smash Hero
Alright, I still think the conventional fighting games should be more towards the back because they have less players and it will allow people to move around more and see who's doing what. The conventional fighting games were more to the left right when you came in and then it got really crowded towards the back because of Smash. Maybe it was me not paying attention though.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Alright, I still think the conventional fighting games should be more towards the back because they have less players and it will allow people to move around more and see who's doing what. The conventional fighting games were more to the left right when you came in and then it got really crowded towards the back because of Smash. Maybe it was me not paying attention though.
Nah I agree with you. I realized pretty soon that the back-left table had a lot of walkbys.... ah well, it'll be better next time

ProtomanVX

Smash Ace
What I mean is that he's wanting to do some tradition fighting games for Bi-Weeklies. Not every tournament would be Smash. Next time, I believe we agreed on a Smash Only event. I'm gonna see about buying some tubes to donate to the venue so we'll have as many as possible.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
What I mean is that he's wanting to do some tradition fighting games for Bi-Weeklies. Not every tournament would be Smash. Next time, I believe we agreed on a Smash Only event. I'm gonna see about buying some tubes to donate to the venue so we'll have as many as possible.
This is a good idea... I got my 32" on Greenville's Craigslist for like $20, so some 20-27" tvs that work probably wouldn't set anybody back that far.

ProtomanVX

Smash Ace
Yeah, Craigslist is great for tubes. You can sometimes grab some for free! I also try to check out Goodwill every now and again. They'll have some from time to time for around $10-$20 depending on the size. I'd like to get a bigger one to donate to the venue so we can have finals where everyone can watch.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Yea fen, 32 is a little big...
I honestly think it would have been fine in a more open area, where we could have sat back a bit more (as opposed to making room for the bathroom. Like, if I had set up on the front middle table, it probably would have been awesome. I'll remember that one for next time.

Also ProtoDude, honestly, I'm pretty stuck most weekends, including this one, unfortunately... I would like to get together at some point and practice some PM though...

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Define stuck. If you need a ride, I can come to you.
Nah, on weekends, I typically hang around the house and work on it/run errands... that kind of thing.

This weekend, I'm kind of planning to fix a couple faucets outside... normal life stuff and whatnot.

Like I said, I would like to play you guys again at some point... just have to find time to fit it in, you know.

Top Bottom