• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Cards Brawl: Starting anytime now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Ronike if you actually use the Arf card you will be a hero among men.

Make sure it's ultra rare, of course.
Of course Im going to use it! I already said, it shall be a promo soon... prolly the prize for the first tourney when we get there. As for what it does... well, this wouldn't be the first monster that had abilities that aren't described on the card, if you catch my drift...

FS reviews coming soon...

Ronike

Smash Ace
My internet here sux... I just managed to get back to this page... yeah... Ima figure something out, but it won't be tonite... Ill go thru 'em all as soon as I get this worked out... Or when my internet decides to work again...

Ronike

Smash Ace
My g'pa died this morning, so Im prolly not gonna be motivated to do much for a couple o days... dont worry, Ill stop johning soon enough.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Well, I can't sleep anyways, so might as well do this...

A) Master Hand's trigger for his effect should be more specific. When can a player do this? Only when it is summoned, or once a turn? And do they have to do it?
B) I already accepted crate I think... Ill make my idea #2
C) Rayquaza should prolly be treated as a dual pokemon type.
D) Spaak's ability should be like "If this card is attacked while in face-down defense position, it's original atk becomes 2000." Something so that its atk doesn't revert
E) For lipstick, I just meant "Choose a target... <original-ish effect here>, the character equipped with this card may not attack during a turn where it uses this ability", not change it to that. Sorry for the confusion.
F) Big blue has some typos.
G) Dragoon Parts and Star and Heart Container and Cracker Launcher are good and accepted.
H) I agree with you on Gamgya after further thought. However, can you find a better pic?

So star, cracker launcher, dragoon parts 1,2,3, and heart container are accepted

All subspaces that you revised and I didn't mention are approved from my end. To be accepted, Macman needs to approve them as well.

The final smash monsters as a whole seems pretty good, but a the spells almost all need more kick. Activating one of these cards is pretty hard, so there should be a decent reward. Captain Falcon and Lucario come to mind... However, on the flip side, IC FS seems overpowered. Prolly should be only one monster besides IC can attack

Quite a few of these should probably be monsters. I was trying to shoot for 50/50, but knowing this isnt possible, any we can see as monsters should be so. Most transformations prolly should be monsters. For instance:
Diddy
Ganon
Gigglypuff
Luigi
Link
G & W
Pikachu
ROB
Snake
Super Sonic
T. Link
Landmasters

Smash Master
Are you modifying Smash Ball in any way? Are the monsters/spells played from hand or from deck?

Also, can you tell me which monster and spell FS you like best, so I have a gauge for the power level?

I'm nocturnal :)

Ronike

Smash Ace
Yeah, Im gonna change it to being able to discard two cards to get them from the deck.

Well first off, for the most part I liked all the monsters, but giga seems more overpowered than the rest, so perhaps how many turns they are on the field.

As for the spells I liked, I think my favies were donkey, the landmasters, and Metaknight. I also liked both the token ones, but I think they should be more along the lines of Multiply which ran something like "Summon as many tokens as you can" If you say summon 4, then the use is somewhat limited like scapegoat

Smash Master
With the new Smash Ball, Bowser's FS kinda sucks. I mean, okay. You blow four cards to bring him out, then you blow the rest of your cards to swing for 4000, then he dies, then you lose because you have no cards left and your opponent still has the four he/she didn't give away.

So, I'll make FS's hover around a +4, seeing as that's what you're giving up.

If a spell needed more kick, I turned it into a monster. The potential for battle damage/destruction of an additional monster is a pretty good kick, IMO. I changed other stuff, too, of course.

I'll edit later with revised FS's.

Bowser FS is the same
Falcon FS
Diddy FS
DK, Fox, and Falco are the same.
Ganon FS
I'm keeping IC's the same for now. The risk of eating an Explosive Crate and being out 3 cards balances the reward, IMO.
Ike FS
Jiggs FS
D3 FS
Kirby FS
Link FS
Lucario FS
Lucas FS
Luigi FS
Mario FS
Marth FS I'm trying to balance it, but all it does in the game is kill one guy instantly :dizzy:
Metaknight's FS is the same.
Game & Watch FS
Ness FS
Olimar FS
Peach FS
Pikachu FS
Pit FS
Pokemon Trainer FS
R.O.B. FS
Samus FS
Sheik FS
Snake FS
Sonic FS
Toon FS
Wario FS
Wolf is the same
Yoshi FS
Zelda FS
ZSS FS

19 FS's are monsters, and many of the spells summon monsters.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Yeah, its ok if some are somewhat unbalanced. Thats the way it is ingame as well, so don't try too hard to balance everything.

Smash Master
I don't see Crate on the first page... also, any word on my Klaptrap as generic S/T removal.

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
Are you allowed to play other people without a full (40 cd) deck?
Because 2000pts + 10cards Is nowhere near enough for 40.

Ronike

Smash Ace
I know if you were expected to have 40 cards, you wouldn't be able to play for two weeks. Thats why you only need 20 or your starter deck.

Speaking of starting, come on people! I know a lot of you want to make your own cards, but we need to finish up the items first.

On another note, I have my other mod, so we can start dueling and buying cards. Everything will be updated weekly, what day to be decided soon, but prolly friday, at least for this week.

Smash Master
Your tone was harsh. Anyway, I guess I'll wait for that deck to become official.

On the first page, it says I get 200 SCV's for every five cards you accept. I went through all the cards and saw that 26 were mine. Therefore, I assumed I had 1000 SCVs. That seems logical. You also said I get to keep two of the following in those batches. You said that. I didn't assume anything.

Barrel
Cracker Launcher
Screw Ball
Banana Peel
Bumper
Franklin Badge
Superspicy Curry
Smoke Ball
Hammer
Golden Hammer
Dragoon 1
Dragoon 2 //counted as one card
Dragoon 3
Fire Flower
Freezie
Super Mushroom
Lightning
Star
Metal Box
Spring
Deku Nut
Super Scope
Mr. Saturn
Fan
Warp Star
Motion Sensor Bomb
Bob-omb
Heart Container

Those are all mine, right?

The post on the front page with the profiles wasn't updated in over a week, so I assumed SCV's has been incremented by 2000 since then. My bad.

We're still on good terms, right. You just seemed so angry :)

Smash Master

Ronike

Smash Ace
First off, I wasn't mad, just slightly irritated at a number oftgings not pertaining to this game and I consolidated them and took out my anger on you 104, so I apologize.

Second, some how the entire state of floorida has and 3G network, and my rich uncle has no wireless suprisingly, so it's hard to get on to work on this. But when I get back in 5 days, I'll have some time to work on this and get the last few cards accepted, so I'm afraid I need one more week. If y'all want the game started sooner, get macman and snegeo to go through and approve cards for me.

And finally, lipstick isn't broken, it just doesn't make sense for it's ingame use. Fixxy please someone, or I'll do it when I get home. Plus as for m/t removal, can someone make up cards like this (I'd do it but I can't on my iPhone):
Time's up!: (c. mag): during your standby phase place one counter on this card. You may remove 2 turn counters to destroy one m/t card on the field.

Item Switch: counter trap: discard one card from your hand negate the activation of 1 m/t card. In addition, cards of the same name may not be activated.

Throw: destroy one equip card and one character card. The two cards may not belong to the same player.

And the other two I mentioned before. Adiós for now!

Ronike

Smash Ace
Omis? I would encourage you to stay a bit longer as next week we shall prolly have reached thepoint where you can make almost anything into a card, but if you really want to leave I can't stop you

Smash Master
Only the stuff on the OP is deck legal for now anyway, at least from what I understand.

Ronike

Smash Ace
I'll stay a bit longer. It's just all the new cards and stuff have been getting me confuzled.
Don't worry about anything not in the first post if you don't want to. That's mine and the mods' responsibility.

This is cool, I would love to try.
Welcome! Just choose a deck and soon you will be able to start buying cards and dueling all you want.

So we get 10 free cards at 2000 points?
Nope, you get to pick one of the three starters (space, pokemon, or mushroom kingdom) and you get 2000 SCVs when you start and 2000 every week once we get this train wreck a rollin.

In other news, Im back and Ill try to get everything up and running today. Mods, we need to get a weekly time together, so pm me availability for the next two weeks (when I'm completely free) and we shall work something out after that.

To everyone: get aim accounts and post them here. We are getting close and you shall need them in days to come if you want to play. You need to post them here so I can add it to the player profiles.

Smash Master
screen name: vulpine2

Is that all I need?

I'll take the Space SD.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Alright, all the last few items are up, so now we really can start. I'm going to take it slow for now though and request that for now, all we do is buy cards and duel. And since deck lists aren't updated until the first weekly meeting of the modly minds, all really you can do for now is duel, which is good as it allows you to get a feel for the strong and weak points of your decks.

Other points of interest:
Smashman is welcomed as the final of the mod quadfecta, if thats a word.
Smashball has been changed to implement the from deck aspect.
Final Smashes are next on list to be approved or not.

Smash Master
Do I get credit for Hothead, Green Shell, Poison Mushroom, Unira, and Pitfall. You didn't modify them in any way.

Timer is like CD except better, just so you know.

Does the monster have to be destroyed in battle that turn for Team Healer to do its thing?

Also, someone PM me for a duel.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Yes you get credit.

No, Timer doesn't negate the battle phase, which you want to enter for immune monsters or certain cards or effects.

No, just as long as it was destroyed in battle at some point.

I'll duel you in like an hour 104.

Ronike

Smash Ace
104 won a duel against me through a deck. A prolly woulda won otherwise...

New rules:
Starter deck duels begin with 4000 LPs
May not enter tourney without 40 cards.

Peach and Olimar have been changed to be less broken
Luigi made slightly better

Ronike

Smash Ace
I'm willing to keep it going if people are interested. It just doesn't seem that way. If I'm wrong, speak up, but if you and I are the only ones interested 104, Im afraid I just don't have the free time to keep it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom