• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros Tournament III in Burbank, CA. FINALLY!

cpotamianos@gmail.com

Smash Apprentice
KEEPING THE SMASH COMMUNITY ALIVE! FOR THE THIRD TIME!!! COME REPRESENT
AS WE ARE AIMING FOR OUR BIGGEST TOURNY YET

Anyways heres the deal...

We are looking to fill a 32 spot tournament. We currently have 15 sign in (most of which are players from our last 2 tournament)

Where: Bellermine Jefferson - 465 East Olive Avenue, Burbank, Ca, 91501 (Same place last time)
DATE: Sunday, July 19th 2009
People can arrive as early as 11AM
TOURNAMENT STARTS: when all contestants arrive (absolute latest 1:00PM
First Doubles - Then Singles

TOURNAMENT RULES

DOUBLES:
- Will start before singles
- 2v2 double elimination
- As far as game play - singles rules apply
- Team Attack On

SINGLES:
•Double Elimination
•All matches are best of 3, with finals best of 5.
•5 stock, No Time limit
However excessive STALLING is NOT allowed! If caught doing so, you will be asked to stopped with a warning. If you continue to do so, you will forfeit the match.
•Items OFF

STAGE OPTIONS:

•Stages available: Peach's Castle, Hyrule Temple, Dreamland and Congo Jungle.
•Counter Stages are: Saffron City
•However, if both players agree to play on ANY OTHER stage, or RANDOM they may do so.

•First round stage is random unless players can agree upon a stage
•Advanced Slob Picks - Loser may choose the next stage among the available and counter stages or random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may change characters
•Double Blind may be called in the first match

BONUS INFO:
•Granteed that Semi-final match and on, will be recorded + random games of others
•There will be 4 stations and one for warming up
•All four main TVs are input lag free.
•FINALS wil NOT be PLAYED on a projector this time. But we are going to split the video input so that the players can play on a tv and the viewer can see the game on the projector.

ALSO: We are still trying to fit in a little Melee tournament here too, but the thing is we do not have enough Melee games. We do have Wii's and Gamecubes so if anyone wants to PM us about bringing your Melee games, let us know and maybe we can work out something.

••You are responsible to BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER••
••Food and Beverages welcomed. Most will be Provided••

Any questions, always feel free to ask!

Mike (818) 631-0690
Christos (818)458-4822
Francis (818) 319-1830

Skrlx

Smash Champion
maybe you will use a TV for the FINALS this time

(blondekid)

Smash Apprentice
if dair superboom and tigerbombz come i **** my pants. and **** them.

(blondekid)

Smash Apprentice
i duno i got the impression that dair was good. nvm replace dair with s2j

Lovage

Smash Hero
dang this is the same day as hugs' melee tournament....decisions decisions....

OOOHH you guys might host a melee tourny too? i would bring my gamecube
TOURNAMENT RULES

DOUBLES:
- Will start before singles
- 2v2 Single elimination
- As far as game play - singles rules apply
- Team Attack On
why is doubles single elimination anyway? double elimination is fine

MiketheMike

Smash Journeyman
dang this is the same day as hugs' melee tournament....decisions decisions....

OOOHH you guys might host a melee tourny too? i would bring my gamecube
You best come man, we want some old faces here.

YAY No projectors everyone! haha :lick:

D

Deleted member

we need more TVS

if someone does i'll bring n64 / gamecube

Lovage

Smash Hero
this is probably gonna be a lot of fun like the last, i'll see if ross can come down. as for the melee tournament..if you guys want to host it, we can bring extra TVs and gamecubes with melee. i can get the ruleset if u want, it would be a fun side-tournament

cpotamianos@gmail.com

Smash Apprentice
this ^, then I might be able to come

Actually it really might be possible for us to move it a week ahead (maybe the 19th) Ill have to ask mike since he is managing the venue spots.

Cause I know people are coming out west for Genesis.

How many people would be able to come if we moved the date to the 19th??

Lovage:
As far as the Melee, we have more than enough room to have both SSB and SSBM go at the same time. Its at the same place as the last tournament and you remember how big that place was! haha

If enough people show interest and sign up then we can definitely set it up
(Ill just need a bit of help for the Melee section)

D

Deleted member

I can still come, although not 100% sure if i can on either dates

esoh.

Smash Rookie
hmm the 19th?
on the 18th theres a melee/64 tournament hosted by GREV haha. that would be legit 2 64 tournies in 2 days...

anyways, this tourny will be fun no matter what. if you need help running melee i can do it and provide the ruleset.

------this is lovage

cpotamianos@gmail.com

Smash Apprentice
i wish i could come :/
Youll be there in spirit :dizzy:

Mike:luigi:

hmm the 19th?
on the 18th theres a melee/64 tournament hosted by GREV haha. that would be legit 2 64 tournies in 2 days...

anyways, this tourny will be fun no matter what. if you need help running melee i can do it and provide the ruleset.

------this is lovage
Awesome!!
Where is that tourney on the 18th? maybe me and the crew can hit that up also?

and thank you for offering some help. We will definitely need it with the melee section. :bee:

T1g3rbombz

Smash Journeyman
hmm the 19th?

------this is lovage
wheres the link to this

(blondekid)

Smash Apprentice
This is to francis and mike and so on aka other bros. If me and benito were to come the day before to burbank would we be able to tag along and go to this tourney to. Im gunna have mad weed cause i work at vons now, so it should be pretty fun.

cpotamianos@gmail.com

Smash Apprentice
This is to francis and mike and so on aka other bros. If me and benito were to come the day before to burbank would we be able to tag along and go to this tourney to. Im gunna have mad weed cause i work at vons now, so it should be pretty fun.
HAHAHA now I remember why you rock dude. Unfortunately we got plans on Sat. 18th. I'm still trying to switch the dates, but the office at the school today is closed, so I will have to try back Monday. Stay tuned...

cpotamianos@gmail.com

Smash Apprentice
Well Im going to call in tomorrow at the school to see if the 19th is available. It sounds like more people would be willing to come on that day. I probably shouldve made a poll to see which date would be better either the 19th or the 26th?

D

Deleted member

I recommend posting a link to this in pacific west

this subforum is out of the way and I know some melee players who want to get into 64 as well

cpotamianos@gmail.com

Smash Apprentice
Hi ho there everyone, Mike here

Well, we moved the date to the 19th. We will be there from 6 a.m for set up so if anyone wants to come in early to get a few rounds in before the tourney starts feel free. Other wise show up around 11 a.m or so. But a good morning smash never hurts. How would you like you eggs? Scrambled? or SMASHED!!??:roll:

Again Sunday, July 19th is the new date!

Mike :luigi:

Top Bottom