• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros Portable Combat DS

Status
Not open for further replies.

donkeykongwii

Smash Rookie
I've heard rumors for a Ds smash so i decided to make a title and a character list

Smash Bros Portable Combat DS

Mario
Peach
Wario
Bowser
Yoshi
DK
Diddy
Fox
Falco
Kirby
Meta Knight
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Samus
Ike
Ness
Cpt. Falcon
Link
Zelda
Pit

Unlockables
Mewtwo
Luigi
Ganondorf
Mr. GW

Newcomers (also Unlockable)
Krystal
Lucario
King Dedede
Ridley
Isaac

3rd Party (also Unlockable)
Sonic

30 characters in all
not as many as there will be in brawl but more than melee

Tobi-

Smash Ace
it can't. I would like one for the ds, and it's maybe possible to make a nintendo 64 port of it, but nahh. We have brawl. They are going to concentrate on that.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
if they do make a Smash for the DS it wont have that many ppl in it...Im guessing an enhanced remake of SSB64...maybe with the ppl he originally intended like Wario, Peach, Bowser, Pit, etc.

lavamage

Smash Ace
Wisconsin...yay that place no one has ever heard o
Like some people said, if you didn't cath it, DS=64. It has the same games (almost) and the same graphics. It CAN hold more than the 64 (minigames in Mario 64), but not by much.

I would like to focus on Brawl for now., but It would be cool when Nintendo makes a new DS (probably within the next few years, when it has GC graphics) that they made a Smash with, you know once you have unlocked everything in Brawl and beat everythign in it.

BlargCow

Smash Journeyman
I doubt it would happen. Although going online with DS and dueling people would be cool, itd be too unlikely.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I don't see why everybody hates the idea of a portable Super Smash Bros. Of course it's best for them to focus on Super Smash Bros. Brawl for the next few months, however after they're done with it I don't see any problem with them developing a DS game.

Shiny Ivysaur

Smash Journeyman
"Smash Bros Portable Combat DS"?
Come one. SSBPCD? Not likely. Maybe "Portable" or "DS", but not PCDS. That ounds like a romanization of its japanese name. (Nintendo All-Star! Great Fray Smash Brothers!) An onto the characters. It's already been said, but the DS can't handle more than melee. It can't even handle melee.
It'll likely include a decent mix:
Captain Falcon
DK
Fox
Samus
Mario
Luigi
Pikachu
Link
Ness
Yoshi
Wario
Kirby
Bowser
Peach
Zelda (No sheik)
for a total of 15 characters

As for bonus features:
20 event matches
Crazy Hand
Wire Frames

Stages:
The N64 Stages, battlefield, and FD

I'll update later. Right now, I have to go to bed.

Shato

Banned via Administration
I'd like to see SSB64 remade, like Super Mario 64 was, with new characters.

mattram08

Smash Apprentice
This topic has been tossed around for a while, but its all rumors and speculation. Smash for DS is possible but it would probably be just the N64 version of Smash with maybe 2 more characters. I have no problem with this at all, but will Nintendo spend the money on a remake for DS and would it sell? We gotta take these things into consideration too.

estion11

Smash Apprentice
wouldnt work hand helds are just too small for fighting games. I could see it working for the psp but for the ds idn it would be a stretch. Take guilty gear dust strikers for example, it = headache.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
Do you guys actually believe that Smash 64 took up all the space on the 64 cartridge....? >_> <_<

Give the DS a LITTLE credit..

Xenesis

Smash Journeyman
I'd just like to point out the following.

Super Smash Bros was <16MB

A DS cartridge can be at maximum 128mb. So yeah.

UrajKingofDarkness

Smash Journeyman
wouldnt work hand helds are just too small for fighting games. I could see it working for the psp but for the ds idn it would be a stretch. Take guilty gear dust strikers for example, it = headache.
Some sad sack has never played Bleach DS. And don't tell me you don't watch Bleach (the anime), that's irrelevant, Bleach DS is the best handheld fighter on the market right now, hands down (pun probably unintended). You don't even need to know what Bleach is to appreciate what it does for handheld fighters.

Don't go telling me Guilty Gear Judgment is better, because Guilty Gear Judgment isn't a PSP game, it's a PS2/Arcade game they ported over that doesn't even support wifi (I like how the only way to play most PSP games wifi is with tunneling programs...fun)

MisfitFan

Smash Cadet
this is what i would do
CHARACTERS
1. Mario
2. Donkey Kong
3. Yoshi
4. Samus
5. Fox
6. Kirby
7. Pikachu
8. Link
9. Bowser
10. Pit
UNLOCKABLES
1. Luigi
2. Jigglypuff
3. Ness
4. Captain Falcon
5. Sonic
STAGES
1. Peach's Castle
2. Congo Jungle
3. Saffron City
4. Yoshi's Island
5. Dream Land
6. Hyrule Castle
7. Planet Zebes
8. Sector Z
9. Skyworld
10. Battlefield
UNLOCKABLES
1. Mushroom Kingdom
2. Green Hill Zone

PyrasTerran

Smash Journeyman
Er, it can't handle so many characters in 3D..

..But what about sprites??

I mean, just look at Jump! Ultimate Stars and Bleach DS 2nd.

estion11

Smash Apprentice
Some sad sack has never played Bleach DS. And don't tell me you don't watch Bleach (the anime), that's irrelevant, Bleach DS is the best handheld fighter on the market right now, hands down (pun probably unintended). You don't even need to know what Bleach is to appreciate what it does for handheld fighters.

Don't go telling me Guilty Gear Judgment is better, because Guilty Gear Judgment isn't a PSP game, it's a PS2/Arcade game they ported over that doesn't even support wifi (I like how the only way to play most PSP games wifi is with tunneling programs...fun)
i havent tried guilty gear judgement and maybe ill check out the bleach game and it will change my opinion (i used to love that show but stopped watching because i dicovered better things). However, i have a long list of all my high priority games to buy and ds games are at the bottom of the list except the new advance wars that is comin out in a while, but ill get around to it sometime and until then ill be open minded on hand held fighters

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
How about Smash 64 + characters that were suppose to be added plus modifications to the characters added.

Original 14 + Bowser, Peach, Pit, and Dedede

Hong

The Strongest
The lack of a Fire Emblem character on many of these lists is very wrong. Why wouldn't Nintendo put in a character from the series credited for giving birth to the strategy/rpg genre?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I'd just like to point out the following.

Super Smash Bros was <16MB

A DS cartridge can be at maximum 128mb. So yeah.
This is wat I say to the fools who actually thought the DS was as weak as the N64...

PWNED!

Seirously, ever heard of a little game called Metroid Prime Hunters=??? Ya, it basically has ONLINE (super smooth), graphics somewhere inbetween the late N64 and Melee (except it's cutscenes pwn Melee's graphics), and gameplay with tons of maps, and great multiplayer. Seriously, it'd be more like a upgraded Melee then a upgraded SSB64. Recently on the PSP, MGS: Portable Ops almost had the same graphics as MGS2: Sons of Liberty, a PS2 game made in 2001 or 2002, that had the best graphics of it's time-until like Metroid Prime! :laugh:

Seirously, give the handhelds some credit. Seriously, the DS is stronger then the early GCN (which isn't saying much, seeing as how weak the GCN ended out being in the long run), and it's online base is much better, and ACTUALLY EXISTS! Seriously though, it'd be like everything in Mele+online+new story+maybe Brawl's 3rd party characters (maybe a few more)+new features, stages, online, trophies, maybe stickers, and more modes, single player, and simply better options. And it would work! :)

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
Quoted for so much truth. Take a look at the 3D Naruto fighting game for the DS. It looks like absolute COMPLETE CRAP. The wings look like paper and Temari (is a girl for those who don't know)'s grunts sound like a man getting butsecks with hemhoroids X(

Smash Ninja

Smash Journeyman
Peacehaven, East Sussex, Good ol' England
If they make a Smash Bros on DS, it should include all the characters that didnt make it into Brawl... the REALLY obscure and AWESOME!!!!!!!

It would be completely fresh and new, more so than Brawl, because none of the characters appearred in earlier SSB's!!!!!

That would be mental O_O
I'd camp out for that!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom