• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. for Wii U Released

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Man, screw 2v2v2v2, that's one step removed from FFA! BRING IN THE 4v4 HYPE

ProfessorTakehiko

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1736-0240-2597
I'm still gonna keep my precious 3DS version. Not looking forward to getting the Wii U version. The characters in the 3DS version look sexy without the outlines. :p

Da Black Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlackRabbit87
3DS FC
1650-1675-4360
Seriously, I am so impressed with the character detail and my Lord I may not have a Game Cube adapter but by far the Wii U Pro controller is 100 time more precise and responsive than the 3DS. The scrubs online stood no chance.

So far haven't played more than 2 laggy matches out of the 90 some I did in For Glory today. Game feels so great. But I have to admit, I have some complaints...

Still, this is the best Smash game since Melee and I hope they keep polishing it with tweaks and balance updates.

elitex12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elite X
3DS FC
5429-8241-5452
Can't wait to pick this game up... around december. Thats the problem with having no money to buy a Wii U... BUT I HAVE A SAMUS AMIIBO... and thats cool.

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Already got mine, Mega Man and Bowser Jr. look great in HD and the music is good too. the online play still sucks though unfortantley, too much lag.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Honest Trailers did a rather hilarious roast of our favorite series. I'd embed it here, but I'm afraid it might offend the mods. Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUvBYs5bVcM
"Raise your hand if you knew who Shulk was before Smash. Congratulations, you are now Japanese."
I remember bombarding the comment section begging them to do a Honest Trailer of Smash Bros., I figure they would wait until release of the Wii U version. I was right :)

Edit: Just one thing, LUCARIO IS NOT A DAMN CLONE!

Last edited:

Drazile

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3797-5765-7295
Honest Trailers did a rather hilarious roast of our favorite series. I'd embed it here, but I'm afraid it might offend the mods. Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUvBYs5bVcM
"Raise your hand if you knew who Shulk was before Smash. Congratulations, you are now Japanese."
It's funny because Xenoblade wasn't even released in Japan. I don't do my research.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Sadly, my local Wal-Mart didn't sell the GameCube adapter, so I'm stuck with the next best thing I own, the awkwardly awkward Classic Controller (not the Pro one).... :(

Game is great though! ^_^
You know what? The Classic Controller isn't as bad as I thought it would be.... It's actually a great compensation to the fact that none of my local VG shops was selling the adapter.....

Last edited:

SirIanAsh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ianash1
3DS FC
5086-1581-2800
I wish I could play this...
But europe

xzx

Smash Lord
Unless you live in Europe... You got Pokémon ORAS and Smash Wii U before us, it ain't even fair for us to wait...

SanicJan

Smash Cadet
It's a Nintendo game that got a 9.8 out of 10 on IGN.

So much for the Call of Duty / Halo getting those ratings as well.

Chinaux

Smash Ace
Don't even have a wii u but I got it for free at the pokemon midnight release

u jelly?

TheFadedWarrior

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MortifiedPanda
My mom wants me to buy a PS4 instead of a Wii U. I've been waiting for this game forever.

wtf mom.

murdokdracul

"What do you mean you support Yoshimitsu?!"
NNID
murdokdracul
3DS FC
2836-0188-2561
Switch FC
SW-5151-9208-7814
So are we going to see better Wii U sales now that people can buy Smash for Wii U?
There will definitely be at least a temporary boost.

BTW: What time zone is the home page's countdown for Europe set to? It doesn't look right.

Last edited:

C4RDIN4L

Hachachacha
NNID
zbot09
3DS FC
3454-1311-6010
Switch FC
SW 4949 5867 3952
I've already fought like 300 for glory 1v1s lol. It's seriously beautiful. the wii u will definitely sell now, i'm sure of it. not only because of smash, but when the next zelda and main title mario game come it'll boost sales dramatically.

also anyone who wants to smash with me send me a request i'm literally smashing all the time. NNID: zbot09

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Warning: this post contains a lot of rambling.

Welp. Now I gotta go buy a Wii U. I hope the winter cold doesn't bother the Wii U too much (at least bother it less than it bothers my laptop), I generally leave my computer/game room a little on the chilly side since electronics seem to heat up so gosh darn much. The heat from electronics tends to force shut downs on my electronics in the summer if I'm not careful and ignore heat management. Thank goodness for windows and fans.

I look forward to seeing how Meta Knight does in SSB4, haven't heard any big complaints about him just yet.
Lucario looks more fun with his aura gimmick making a larger difference.
I look forward to seeing the buffs that R.O.B., Charizard and Link, and other "bad" characters obtained.

I look forward to playing against you guys!

On a side note I hate exclusive Amiibos.
I'll go get Meta Knight! Best Buy exclusive? Damn, that's out of state.
Well maybe I can get Lucario! Toys R Us exclusive? That's out of state too!
Damn, I got pretty unlucky with those exclusives. My 2 most wanted Amiibos are unable to be obtained.... Well I suppose shipping is an option, I just like dealing with the drama that goes in with mail when you're in a house with other people.

At least I can get Shulk, the last exclusive. I'd rather get Link and/or Toon Link (I like link but getting 2 of him is a bit overkill and it's hard to decide which one), Little Mac, and Fox McCloud before I get Shulk.
That's not including the other characters fighting for my attention that aren't even announced. R.O.B. (Nostalgia for NES and my introduction to video games), Falco, Charizard.
Also add in Ike, Greninja, Robin for characters I like just about equally as Shulk. So It's rather unlikely I get Shulk.

Meh, I'll just stick with Fox + Link since they are available right now...... but that does make me tempted to get Marth, while he's tied with Pit for 2nd bottom tier of the Amiibos I want, he would complete my Melee Main Trio.
Captain Falcon (aka "Face of Smash" imo) and the Mii Fighters are my bottom tier wants for Amiibos.

Bah, if I was super rich I'd buy all the Amiibos. There's literally at least 20 I would like to get. That would be $260 for just Amiibos. I hate having to choose between my favorite characters. But hey, good thing that there's that many characters I love right? :bubblebobble:

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Wish I could get it...
Meanwhile I'll be stuck with the intentionally worse and lesser version. Better than nothing I guess.
Don't hate the game if you haven't understood how to truly grasp the foundation of the game (meaning tech skill, knowledge, creativity, experiment and so on).

I played the demo and the new one (friend bought it yesterday) I went to his house to play it. The game has slower movements (character and game in general), great graphics of course, pretty good cast of characters, over the top effects that are annoying, at times fast movement but rarely, blast zones farther, nerfed damage ratios, Wi-Fi pretty good, hit stun more worse than Brawl (which is the pinnacle of a head shot towards Wii-U 4).

The game is nothing special, only newer features and graphics is the only thing that's grasping my attention to buy the game and kind of some of the new cast characters.

Last edited:

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
Don't hate the game if you haven't understood how to truly grasp the foundation of the game (meaning tech skill, knowledge, creativity, experiment and so on).

I played the demo and the new one (friend bought it yesterday) I went to his house to play it. The game has slower movements (character and game in general), great graphics of course, pretty good cast of characters, over the top effects that are annoying, at times fast movement but rarely, blast zones farther, nerfed damage ratios, Wi-Fi pretty good, hit stun more worse than Brawl (which is the pinnacle of a head shot towards Wii-U 4).

The game is nothing special, only newer features and graphics is the only thing that's grasping my attention to buy the game and kind of some of the new cast characters.
Um, ok? I'm not even hating the game. I love Smash 4, I just want to own the Wii U version because it has a lot more things compared to... hardly anything on the 3DS.

But whatever man.

TheFadedWarrior

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MortifiedPanda
Your mom wants you to buy a video game console?
Are you sure that's your mom?
Well she doesn't want me to buy a Wii U. I already own almost every Nintendo console ever so she probably thinks I might as well get a PS4 or something non-nintendo.

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Um, ok? I'm not even hating the game. I love Smash 4, I just want to own the Wii U version because it has a lot more things compared to... hardly anything on the 3DS.

But whatever man.
You wrote and I quote " I'll be stuck with the intentionally worse and lesser version."

A better way to write your displeasure would be 'I wish I could get this game' instead of 'intentionally worse'.

Also, you might as well not even bother buying the Smash4 but good luck man, some people are now modding the new characters into Brawl and soon enough everything will be modded into Brawl, yes! Long live Brawl~

MM720

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM720
3DS FC
0259-0380-4806
Meanwhile the people of Europe are still playing the 3DS...........

Top Bottom