• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. 3DS Sells Over 1 Million in Japan

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
With this info, Im pretty sure that Smash will sell over 1 million in a single day, THE HYPE IS GOING TO BE HUGE

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
That means 1 out of 127 people in Japan have Super Smash Bros. 3DS.
In the first week.
Wow. That's nice.
(Obviously not counting importers, but I don't expect many of them really)
For reference, the total population of Japan is 126,981,371 according to this. The US population is estimated to be around 320,562,920 (and that doesn't count for our friends along our borders and Europe). That's 193,581,549 more people. Given the reach of the game market, the hype, and 3DS sales numbers, expect this number to skyrocket come October!

CAN YOU FEEL THE POWER OF A NINTENDO EXCLUSIVE, BRAH!?

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Well... Looks like this is definently gonna outsell Brawl. No question about it. It sold almost HALF of what Brawl sold in 6 years in Japan years in 4 days in Japan. FOUR DAYS. That's spectacular. And, I understand that some of sales, if not most, came from overseas gamers scrambling to get the game early, but these sales are still amazing for just four days. Feel the power...

Last edited:

GaMeR N1CK

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3582-8458-4207
I have been playing the smash demo in class more than actually doing the work, there is no doubt this will sell more than Brawl.

Raph_the_Great

Smash Apprentice
In a kind of way, Nintendo should thank the westerners with a Japanese 3DS for this one.
for the less than .01% of the figure? Trust me we barely made a dent. More than a million can mean 1,008,000 easily, if even that much, :D

But I'm glad that this game is doing so well! Hopefully the Wii U version will be a system seller as well, and beat that record. It's coming So SOON!

Last edited:

GOLDENMOP

Smash Cadet
Probably woulda sold more if Ice Climbers were in it. :troll:

WAIT.

PIt Villager PiKaChu Mario LinK KiRby Samus Rosetta and Chiko.

Ice Climbers confirmed for DLC!!
KK Rool for DLC!
Does this also mean Half Life 3 confirmed? (Kappa face)

Artero

Smash Enthousiast
NNID
Artero
Pretty sure it'll break Brawl's record, as it could really go a long way with a million sales in just 3 days times.

Now here's hoping it'll be a real system-seller for the Wii U!

EnigmaticKnight

Smash Apprentice
for the less than .01% of the figure? Trust me we barely made a dent. More than a million can mean 1,008,000 easily, if even that much, :D

But I'm glad that this game is doing so well! Hopefully the Wii U version will be a system seller as well, and beat that record. It's coming So SOON!
Yeah, same here. Once Smash 4 for the Wii U released, I can imagine a lot of Westerners with a Japanese Wii U will get the game before the U.S. released.

PikminCat

Smash Rookie
NNID
pezz69
I'm not sure how many it will sell but I'm sure it will be a lot! I'm wondering how much the wii u version will sell out!

rawcomrade91

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3411-1935-6585
Who knows? Smash for Wii U might be a system seller...I don't yet own a Wii U but, depending on what holiday deals there might be, I might get one with a copy of Smash.

The 0ne

Smash Journeyman
NNID
toady3
3DS FC
0104-2324-5980
the funniest thing happened to me today. I had a free period, just leaning against the wall playing my Platinum demo, and some freshman comes in and he calls me a loser. He then asks, "wait, what're you playing?"
"Smash 4 bich."
(this was his actual response)
"WAIT WHAT?? I'm sorry i'm sorry i'm so sorry!"
"Am i still a loser?"
"No I love you can i play?"

This game.

Last edited:

The_Woebegone_Jackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Faver_Jo
3DS FC
4854-6514-7143
the funniest thing happened to me today. I had a free period, just leaning against the wall playing my Platinum demo, and some freshman comes in and he calls me a loser. He then asks, "wait, what're you playing?"
"Smash 4 bich."
(this was his actual response)
"WAIT WHAT?? I'm sorry i'm sorry i'm so sorry!"
"Am i still a loser?"
"No I love you can i play?"

This game.
Reads like a Tumblr story.

Real talk, he made you give him your 3DS and lunch money.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Pretty sure this is the fastest selling Smash game in the series history, which is quite the achievement.

Having played the demo, I can say the game deserves those sales. Tons of improvements on the gameplay and the game runs fantastically on the 3DS.

Will be getting it on the release date for sure.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
That's nice for a handheld game in a different market that Nintendo has dominated since the GameBoy, but the Wii U version is what matters here and these sales aren't any indication to how Smash Wii U will sell. Congrats, though! Smash Wii U still might not outsell Brawl. Mario Kart Wii took the cake last generation and while it's selling well, it's supposed to keep the momentum.

Top Bottom