• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Brawl Rankings - Bigger than Ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

supraking777

Smash Apprentice
Hey everyone, you can now start having ranked matches over at Smash Brawl Rankings. Just come on over to read about the ruleset, etc. Go into the live chat if you have any specific questions. Hope to battle you soon!

supraking777

Smash Apprentice
there are matches being played right now and some of them are being streamed for people to watch, come over to chat if interested in playing some ranked/casual matches or watching others

GameICY1

Smash Cadet
there are matches being played right now and some of them are being streamed for people to watch, come over to chat if interested in playing some ranked/casual matches or watching others
yeah, i saw some of those earlier. princess_zelda was a beast, beating everyone that challenged her.. **** that girl can play.

GameICY1

Smash Cadet
hey everyone, there's been thousands of ranked matches, tons more friendlies, and some fierce competition. There are already some resident experts, so come show us your stuff.

edit: and princess zelda has since been dethroned by Gaki, who is a beast

big265

Smash Rookie
woah it sounds cool and everythang but SERIOUSLY WE HAVE TO SET UP A TIME FOR THE CHALLENGE. not just that it goes by the hour so at if it's 6:05 i have to wait til seven to talk to face him you can't b serious

GameICY1

Smash Cadet
woah it sounds cool and everythang but SERIOUSLY WE HAVE TO SET UP A TIME FOR THE CHALLENGE. not just that it goes by the hour so at if it's 6:05 i have to wait til seven to talk to face him you can't b serious
most people use that just to set up way in the future challenges, we just talk in the live chat or pm each other to set up matches in real time.. way easier.

supraking777

Smash Apprentice
is there 2v2 ranked matches yet?
2v2 matches and crews will go up at the same time, in about 2 weeks. We'll also put up boards so that people can find teams and crews and no one will be left out.

supraking777

Smash Apprentice
How does this work out, I'm a bit confused. How would I be able to challenge someone or watch the vids?
You can challenge someone by going to the 'Matches' page (button at the top). You can search by user, location, etc. Then click 'challenge!' next to their name.

To find currently active users, you can look at the bottom of the forum or go into our live chat, which a lot of people use to find matches.

Live chat is also where some users will provide links to streaming video of their matches if they are online and playing.

supraking777

Smash Apprentice
intresting...i may go ahead and sign up....does this having staying power though?
We have over 2500 people signed up and have tons of matches. We have some great Brawl talent on the site and some great features planned.

Also - we besides the ways of finding available matches that I mentioned above, we are implementing a feature that will allow you to sort users by 'last active,' putting those online first.

supraking777

Smash Apprentice
We should have enough data in the system by late tonight/early tomorrow to put up the numerical rankings. You'll be able to see who is in the lead (Gaki? Falco? perhaps) and then challenge them to see if they are worthy of being there! I'll keep you updated and link the ranking board when it is showing up.

MoBB_DeeP

Smash Rookie
i tried to register but it wouldn't let me... says check for an admin or something, kind of annoying, im really intrigued tho, sounds like a better version of Wifi Wars...

supraking777

Smash Apprentice
Smash Brawl Rankings, gathering data after a week of thousands of matches, has released the ranking board results (which will now update frequently). You can see who is in the lead and..

Come challenge the best!

supraking777

Smash Apprentice
We also updated our matches page, which is what you use to challenge others and manage your current challenges. There is now a quick challenge bar and preview lists of your pending challenges so you can easily and quickly manage your matches.

There is also now a shortcut to your new and accepted challenges on the navigation bar, which will update the same way new personal message notifications do!

EternalCrusade

Smash Journeyman
thanks a lot for this amazing website. I tried signing up for Gamebattles but it's just so user unfriendly. Smash Brawl Rankings is great, I'm looking forward to crawling up the ranks :)

supraking777

Smash Apprentice
thanks a lot for this amazing website. I tried signing up for Gamebattles but it's just so user unfriendly. Smash Brawl Rankings is great, I'm looking forward to crawling up the ranks :)
No problem at all! We're going to keep improving it and try to make it better and better for you guys (and us since we're users too, after all!) Maybe I'll see you on and we can have a match =D

Fizzmix

Smash Rookie
I played 4 matches, and while the lag was bad (obviously something Smash Brawl Rankings can't control) the experience was pretty intuitive and the chatroom was friendly with many happy Brawlers.

Also if it tells you that your registration didn't work... It may have actually worked, and the log-in and password you chose work. That's what happened for me.

supraking777

Smash Apprentice
I played 4 matches, and while the lag was bad (obviously something Smash Brawl Rankings can't control) the experience was pretty intuitive and the chatroom was friendly with many happy Brawlers.

Also if it tells you that your registration didn't work... It may have actually worked, and the log-in and password you chose work. That's what happened for me.
Thanks for mentioning this. You can still sign up and sign in, regardless of what error it displays after submitting your registration.

This glitch actually just started happening about a day and a half ago. We think it is some strange problem with the SMF software and we're going to upgrade. So - we're working on fixing the problem and it will hopefully be resolved soon.

GameICY1

Smash Cadet
Thanks for mentioning this. You can still sign up and sign in, regardless of what error it displays after submitting your registration.

This glitch actually just started happening about a day and a half ago. We think it is some strange problem with the SMF software and we're going to upgrade. So - we're working on fixing the problem and it will hopefully be resolved soon.
we know you guys work hard on the site and to think of it kind of like a beta test for now, plus the error doesnt sound so bad if it is working anyway

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
I just joined, really looking forward to some matches. However, I noticed when I entered my main character that you didn't have Zero Suit Samus listed as an option, so I just entered as Samus. You should probably set it up so that they are listed separate, like Zelda and Sheik.

supraking777

Smash Apprentice
Joined up, but I'm pretty sure my lag is going to ruin it, IF it is my lag. =(. Hopefully not.
hopefully you can find at least a couple people near your area and lag won't be too bad, you can sort by region on the rankings page or search on the matches page - see if anyone pops up.

supraking777

Smash Apprentice
I agree that lag can seem a bit random at times. I played someone only 100 miles away and it was like a snapshot every couple seconds. I can play someone from the Netherlands and while it is a red dot, it is still tons smoother.

Clink

Smash Cadet
I found a slight flaw in the ranking system. this is a great concept, the website is full of friendlies and I love it! But the thing I have found out is the fact that people can cheat to get a nice high rank. For example: I make two, or more, profiles and use one to challenge the other. Login to the challenged profile and accept the challenge. Once accepted by both parties, you can click the "I lost" or "I won" button in the challenge menu.

All it takes is for you to chose a profile as the one you wish to have a high rank and continue to let him challenge and make your other profiles accept the defeat. It will be obvious what members are doin that due to the record they have, if it is something like 70/0 or so.

Ahh yes, there is the fact of the ratio maybe being a great amount of wins to losses. You can also just accept defeat on some occasions to make yourself out to not be a cheater and using this method.

This is a great way to get competitive players on a ranking system. yes, when you challenge someone with an outstanding record and they are actually as good as that record shows, then you can assume and be safe he/she's actually that good. But then again, those who always decline and have a maculent record are easily a fraud.

If this could some how be fixed, it would be great. For now I may stick to just Brawlin without worrying about ranks.

This is a great website and I enjoy it. Just thought I would point this out to those who might wonder about some with amazing stats. Also for those super tourny/competitive players

supraking777

Smash Apprentice
I found a slight flaw in the ranking system. this is a great concept, the website is full of friendlies and I love it! But the thing I have found out is the fact that people can cheat to get a nice high rank. For example: I make two, or more, profiles and use one to challenge the other. Login to the challenged profile and accept the challenge. Once accepted by both parties, you can click the "I lost" or "I won" button in the challenge menu.

All it takes is for you to chose a profile as the one you wish to have a high rank and continue to let him challenge and make your other profiles accept the defeat. It will be obvious what members are doin that due to the record they have, if it is something like 70/0 or so.

Ahh yes, there is the fact of the ratio maybe being a great amount of wins to losses. You can also just accept defeat on some occasions to make yourself out to not be a cheater and using this method.

This is a great way to get competitive players on a ranking system. yes, when you challenge someone with an outstanding record and they are actually as good as that record shows, then you can assume and be safe he/she's actually that good. But then again, those who always decline and have a maculent record are easily a fraud.

If this could some how be fixed, it would be great. For now I may stick to just Brawlin without worrying about ranks.

This is a great website and I enjoy it. Just thought I would point this out to those who might wonder about some with amazing stats. Also for those super tourny/competitive players
Hey, thanks for pointing this idea out, but it doesn't work on our site. We've already had one cheater who was caught and deleted. very promptly. We're able to track a great many things through the database. We have a few top ranked player with a high amount of wins and they have played a large spread of players. If you are concerned they are cheating, simply challenge them and see how skilled they are. I think you'll find those that are top ranked are there because they are very good.

Clink

Smash Cadet
Hey, thanks for pointing this idea out, but it doesn't work on our site. We've already had one cheater who was caught and deleted. very promptly. We're able to track a great many things through the database. We have a few top ranked player with a high amount of wins and they have played a large spread of players. If you are concerned they are cheating, simply challenge them and see how skilled they are. I think you'll find those that are top ranked are there because they are very good.
Great! I wasn't tryin' to point out anything wrong or be a jerk. Please don't get the wrong idea. it's great you can crack down on the cheaters. I'm not sayin anything towards the ranked players or that the high ranks now are cheater/liers. I like a challenge and am always ready for one. I'm very competitive myself. I just don't want to see something that lets everyone's skill show online and bring all the players together unlike it has been, get ruined by some people who just want to cheat and lie. I'm for this site all the way

All in all, I'm glad to hear it's under control. You'll be seein me up there soon enough as well. XD

Lange

Smash Journeyman
Hey supraking is this competition only for hardcore? I was considering it just to find some Wii pals to smash with as i've been doing on smashboards. Is there anything more casual and friendly? I don't mind competition but im not a expert brawl player I just got the game within a week and I just kinda want to have some fun with friendlies and maybe making friends before I get too serious which may happen in coming months. If you know what I mean?

Also why is it just 1vs1 and team battle? Do people hate 4 player brawls or somethin? 1 vs 1 is good but with anything so far with brawl has been 1vs1 or 2vs2 is their a reason for that? Thanks for considering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom