• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 64 Tournament (Midwest) Chicago, IL

beaves

Smash Rookie
For anyone that would like to have a good time and play Super Smash brothers 64, this thread is for you. I have 200 people pre-paid for the SSB64 event of the year!! With a $5 entry fee, the grand prize for the 1st place player exceeds $800! More then enough to cover your travel expenses!
Contact Information: b3aves@hotmail.com <-- I will also provide you with my phone number via e-mail address if you seem fully interested.

Listen, fellas! If you are anywhere near Illinois I advise you bring your A game! I have been playing this game non-stop for years and I don't see myself falling anywhere out of the top 3! If you have what it takes to beat me and 200 others, please, bring it!

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
you should pay for my trip
He thinks he's the best, so why would he pay for someone else to join lol.

But yeah, if you let us know when it is, maybe some of us will come as well. Who are these people? Are they locals or are they from everywhere? A 64 tournament with over 200 people is hard to believe (said by someone who has at least 8 people that plays smash 64 in the local tournaments on an island lol).

Kefit

Smash Journeyman
200 people for a SSB64 event is funny enough. But 200 people prepaid? Hahaha.

Be sure to record the last few rounds of matches for us. With 200 people the finals are bound to be good watching, right?

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Is this your first smash 64 tournament? If you had past ones, how many people went, and what were the top... say... 8?

200 people is really hard to believe. I don't even know if there are 200 competitive smash 64 players in North America. And seeing as how no one here has heard of this tournament... yeah... (if it were 200 people in the tournament, some people would spread the word to their friends, and eventually at least one of us would have heard about it...).

D

Deleted member

this is total bull****

just a scam to get your 5 dollars

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I wasn't going anyways. It's way too far, takes way too long, costs way too much in travel, and right during school time.

And yeah... as almost everyone has already mensioned, over 200 preregistered is not normal. I don't think they had that much for genesis for melee or brawl (and these were for people around the world)... at least not this early before the tournament...

Top Bottom