• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 64, It's Treasured Gems all Gone to Waste!

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
I find it really ignorant that Sakurai decided to exclude all stages from Smash 64. We had many fan favorites such as Hyrule Castle, Saffron City, and Dream Land will never be Brawled on.

How disappointed is everyone because of this? I personally lost my favorite stage (Dream Land 64). The biggest shame is that none of these stages can be re-created in the stage builder.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Well they can be created, just sans the background details and such. You could easily remake Dream Land, just without the look/wind. Same goes for basically all the old stages. It's not that big a loss.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
You can't re-make Saffron City without Pokemon. Hyrule Castle can't be re-made at all!

Pieman0920

Smash Master
You can remake the platform design Castle without the tornado easy enough, and add anything else you want to it. The same goes for Saffron, minus the random Pokemon. All the 64 stages were fairly simple as far as stage design goes, so it's probably better that they focused on Melee's unique stages. (Though some unique things that can't be recreated like Brinstar Depths were cut. ;_; )

Night Avenger

Smash Journeyman
Let's hope for this stages to be downloadable. GO DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT!! CHARS AND STAGES!!! WOOT!!!

Heheh, but really.

LinkNSnake4Main

Smash Journeyman
Hyrule Castle can EASILY be remade, and I'm not just saying that to be an ***, it was my favorite stage too!

I saw a really REALLY good saffron remake somewhere, I think it was in the official contest thread somewhere

DQP

Smash Ace
i hate to say this, but you might have to use the stage builder. there might be no tornadoes on hyrule castle, or any wind on dream land, and no rotating platforms in kongo jungle, but i guess you'll have to live without them. but you can put pokemon in saffron city.

Mckillyou

Smash Journeyman
i hate to say this, but you might have to use the stage builder. there might be no tornadoes on hyrule castle, or any wind on dream land, and no rotating platforms in kongo jungle, but i guess you'll have to live without them. but you can put pokemon in saffron city.
But you can unlock a rotating platform like the one in Kongo Jungle!

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Yeah, but they will be removing two main aspects:

1) The background

2) Hazards

I could deal without Dream Land's hazard, but the loss of the background sucks. They should have allowed you to select backgrounds from others stages to use. For example:

Idle Summit
Lugi's Mansion
DK Arcade
Idle Pokemon Stadium 1/2
Onnet

Also, why didn't they just add a Stage Editor so you can add/remove platforms. This would seriously help un-ban many stages.

Senshuu

Smash Journeyman
I do miss the Kirby stages in SSB, but I don't really mind that none of the 64 stages are coming back. Especially with all this nice new stuff.

Oh man, Pieman0920 reminded me of Brinstar Depths... now I *will* miss that.

I'm all excited about Stage Builder. Might need to recreate Saffron City myself!

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
I do miss the Kirby stages in SSB, but I don't really mind that none of the 64 stages are coming back. Especially with all this nice new stuff.

Oh man, Pieman0920 reminded me of Brinstar Depths... now I *will* miss that.

I'm all excited about Stage Builder. Might need to recreate Saffron City myself!
Wow, how did you enjoy Brinstar Depths? Frigate Orpheon is WAAAY better than it, yet it retains the originality.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Well, to be honest, I'd much prefer the new levels anyway. I don't know what the difference in memory is that the different types of levels take up, but I'd rather have a brand new stage than a few 64 stages. We already played on 64 stages - twice. I am very glad he added in Melee levels, however, although I think he may have added some of the wrong ones (in my opinion). What happened to Peach's Castle? And Kongo Falls? Or Fountain of Dreams?? Ah, oh well...

Metà

Smash Master
Hyrule Castle can EASILY be remade, and I'm not just saying that to be an ***, it was my favorite stage too!

I saw a really REALLY good saffron remake somewhere, I think it was in the official contest thread somewhere
You missed the gentle slope on the left side. Other than that, it looks awesome! Also, I don't think I'll miss the tornado one bit. : )

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Tell tell you the truth I saw this coming I made a thread after the update titled Returning Melee stages and thats when I knew the N64 ones werent coming back I made a thread right after on how it meant it wasnt coming back...Sure enough it got closed haha but I'm I glad I was right? Well no cuz I would of liked Hyrule castle and Saffron to return....

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
I'm disappointed... Hyrule Castle can't be remade becasue it's the novalty factor. The fact that it's the castle from OoT makes it special in the end.

But yeah it can be created anyway.

Senshuu

Smash Journeyman
Wow, how did you enjoy Brinstar Depths? Frigate Orpheon is WAAAY better than it, yet it retains the originality.
Looks like Frigate Orpheon has the same flair to it, and I anticipate it, too. (I almost forgot about that stage! Guh?)
I just loved big ol' Kraid in the background of Brinstar Depths spinning the platform in a semi-dramatic fashion. And I had some pretty amusing experiences with CPU on it... (It also had some of my favorite music, hee)

JoJoRukus

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, but they will be removing two main aspects:

1) The background

2) Hazards

I could deal without Dream Land's hazard, but the loss of the background sucks. They should have allowed you to select backgrounds from others stages to use. For example:

Idle Summit
Lugi's Mansion
DK Arcade
Idle Pokemon Stadium 1/2
Onnet

Also, why didn't they just add a Stage Editor so you can add/remove platforms. This would seriously help un-ban many stages.
That is actually a very, very fun idea... I could picture giving the option of various backgrounds, probably sans certain animations and cameo characters, from certain levels... It would give the stage editor a robust flavor. :D

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
It is a bit of a shame, would have been fun to revisit some of those retro stages. Dreamland in particular was pretty good, and Saffron would have been fun to play on with the newer mechanics.

Also, it should be "its" and not "it's" in the thread title, because "it's" is a contraction which means "it is." Apostrophes don't denote ownership in pronouns.

The more you know :colorful:

Zeldar2992

Smash Rookie
All i care about is that the Temple stage is back :lick: ^_^ But you know....it's kinda sad we have to lose the N64 stages... but you know, there's always stage builder......

Oh My HECK!!! I got a major idea!! What if...some of the unlockable stages are some of the Melee stages? Or...a rare possiblity, N64 stages. We'll just have to impatiently wait and see.

Contamination

Smash Rookie
That is sad...the good old times they couldve atleast gave out some maps for brawl from smash64...it might even be the last super smash bros game...who knows?

superduper

Smash Cadet
I agree all of 64's stages should return, even if just for the retro factor. It wouldn't take up any memory (especially if they retained the original graphics like they did with the melee stages), and if the folks at Nintendo think it would hurt the sales of the original game on VC, they're conservative dumb old farts.

Recreating them in the Stage Builder can be really fine if you only wanted those stages for tourney play or whatever. But without the novelty factors of each stage and music, background etc, they'll just be boring reflections of the real thing.

I do like most of the new stages though. :b

and hated the returning ones from melee.

War Raichu

Smash Apprentice
good news, somebody's already made Saffron City and Hyrule Castle!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYEO2KNF8tY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ti9L5R7rteA

and the neat thing about Stage Editor is that you can improve upon the original idea of the stage. I plan to remake Hyrule Castle, replacing the platforms w/ the tower in the background into a tower as part of the actual stage, and with platforms lining its sides

And maybe put a set of spikes in place of the Pokemon door on Saffron. :)

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
The background made the stages attractive! Without that, it's really bland and dull :/

Top Bottom