• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 64. Greatest old school fighter ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cygnus V Arcana

Smash Apprentice
Just wanted to finally post and say what's up. Been a fan of the smash series since it came out.

Just trying to start discussion about personal tips and tricks and stories about totally stomping someone's @$$.

I know I have some haha.

Switch FC
SW 1721 4573 3132
I was a Kirby teamed with a level 9 CPU Kirby and we were known as the invincible Kirby bros. I don't know why put we pwned everyone in our way.

Impact009

Smash Journeyman
Mmm...I would have to say Street Fighter II for practically jumpstarting the genre. It's like Super Mario Brothers bringing gaming back from the dead.

Impact009

Smash Journeyman
killer instinct is superior
Hell yeah, it's been so long since I played that. How the hell did I even forget that?

Too bad the KI community and games didn't evolve like SF's did. MK quickly became a suck-fest after 4, which was the final game in the series that I tolerated.

Impact009

Smash Journeyman
The earliest Tekken I liked was Tekken 3, and VF2 was pretty fun. I couldn't get into any of the older Tekkens or VF1. Being the earliest 3D fighters is cool and all, but there was a lack of competition in the arcades for those games. The first Tekken was fun, but it didn't keep me hooked. So I guess I did liked it, but not to the extent of everything else.

What oldschool fighters did you guys play and what do you play now competitively?

Edit: @Flicker
Total Posts: 87 (34.06 posts per day)

Wow...I just noticed it when it said your join date was Aug 2007. It's barely August lol.

flicker

Smash Journeyman
Haha. I don't spam boards, and this is my new acc cause I didn't like the name of my other one.

But anyways, old school fighters? Sometimes SSB on Project64k. Other than that...nothing really XD

And I have nothing to do for a while, so I'm just reading on up on Brawl and stuff haha.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Mario Kart 64, a real man's fighting game (?)
By the way, what's up with the forums, the new smileys in place of the smash icon are so weird.

Cygnus V Arcana

Smash Apprentice
Mario Kart, YES, Virtua Fighter, not so much. I never really liked the series and decided to give the PS2 VF a chance, but, I didn't like it, so whatever. I'll just stick to SSB and SSBM, and maybe soul calibur.

maybe...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom