• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 64: C.O.S. 3 ($Pot Bonus$) - November 29, 2014 - Red Bank, NJ

LLDL

Smash Hero

Smash 64 ONLY event!

November 29, 2014 - FACEBOOK EVENT PAGE

YESTERcades
80 Broad Street
Red Bank, NJ 07701

• Venue Fee: $10.00 ($15.00 Gets you a DAY PASS, unlimited access to ALL ARCADE GAMES / CONSOLE GAMES until closing!!)
  • Smash 64 Singles: $10.00

Signups 5:30pm - 6:30pm
Brackets Begin at 6:30pm.

TBD

Last edited:

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
same day as flaoc 7, no-go for me :(

AthensHorseParty

Smash Journeyman
You gotta be kidding me! I just spent 120 on megabus tickets to play at a S@X weekly and I coulda just waited and gone to this. (No offense S@X people).

It sounds awesome though. Make sure to stream dat ****!

Shears

Smash Master
I would probably willing to drive to this from Baltimore. Could fit a couple of people in my car if need be.
I'd probably be down.

You gotta be kidding me! I just spent 120 on megabus tickets to play at a S@X weekly and I coulda just waited and gone to this. (No offense S@X people).

It sounds awesome though. Make sure to stream dat ****!
If you don't have thanksgiving responsibilities, I would see if you can get a refund on the tickets/change the dates to come up for S@X on 11/26 then go to this that weekend 11/29, then go home after it all. Much better bang for your buck. Instead of just S@X, you can do S@X and COA.

AthensHorseParty

Smash Journeyman
Megabus and Greyhound don't do refunds whatsoever unless your bus breaks down and doesn't show up maybe. I would've been able to transfer but only with 24 hours advance notice and my first trip actually leaves in a couple hours so I saw this thread a day too late.

There's still a chance I could come to this too though if someone like @ Sedda Sedda or @caneut goes and we could split gas. I don't actually have to be in town very often for my job but the money might be an issue. Live and learn.

Last edited:

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
not even gonna tag ducky cuz he's useless

maybe @ jimmyjoe jimmyjoe again and @Smash Jesus and @Kimimaru but you know kimi is a flake so i doubt he'd come anyway

i brought up to joey about going to xanadu the week before so maybe we can double up. i'm also officially CLOSING my house for saturday housing

not cuz of anything in particular, i just want a relaxing night at home after a tourney

if SiGMelee is streaming, that's sick

hopefully we'll have usual suspects + those melee guys who play 64 sometimes

should be pretty entertaining

Bark Sanchez

Smash Apprentice
Might go up for this

For some reason the 29th keeps ringing in my head, like something was going on that day

but if I'm free, or I can't remember what it was, I'll go

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
Might go up for this

For some reason the 29th keeps ringing in my head, like something was going on that day

but if I'm free, or I can't remember what it was, I'll go
cooooooool

i've heard good things

i look forward to playing you

altho tbh we'll probably play on the 26th

FX Pizzo

Smash Rookie
Hello friends,

New to smash boards, but not new to smash ;)

This happens to be within 10 minutes of my apartment, so I will be attending, looking forward to seeing how I compare to you guys!

-FXP

Sedda

Smash Champion
guys, try to get as many people out there as possible. next week is really going to be worth streaming, and the people at vgbc (youtube) really enjoyed the 64 stuff

clubbadubba

Smash Master
can't make this unfortunately, but i will probably be at xanadu that wednesday

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
**** you guys

**** you and your lame 5 stock rules

I was seriously about to fly mariguas to play this tournament but since you are all a bunch of ***** i'm just going to play with him on my own

**** you sedda

Last edited:

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
no there is more smash with 4 stocks.

say it takes 1 minute per stock
you have 20 minutes to play

4 stocks per match => 5 matches
5 stocks per match => 4 matches

Also if you are on a 4 person rotation, doing 2 v 2, you get more matches in with 4 stocks per match

english major

clubbadubba

Smash Master
no there is more smash with 4 stocks.

say it takes 1 minute per stock
you have 20 minutes to play

4 stocks per match => 5 matches
5 stocks per match => 4 matches

Also if you are on a 4 person rotation, doing 2 v 2, you get more matches in with 4 stocks per match

english major

But you were referring to tournament matches, in which case 5 stock would mean more tournament time... You can play however many stocks you want in friendlies dude.

If you are gonna just play smash for 20 minutes who gives a damn how many matches are played during that 20 minutes LOL. In fact it's more efficient to just play 1 20 stock match so you don't waste any time in between matches.

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
If you are gonna just play smash for 20 minutes who gives a damn how many matches are played during that 20 minutes LOL. In fact it's more efficient to just play 1 20 stock match so you don't waste any time in between matches.
A) maybe you want to use multiple characters, which is besides the point because
B) i picked 20 minutes because 20 is the LCM for 4 and 5 jesus christ

clubbadubba

Smash Master
A) point is that if 4 is actually better than 5, then it would follow that 3 is better than 4, unless there is some reason it isn't? Number of stocks is complete preference, there is no right or wrong answer.
B) I picked 20 because you picked 20 lulz

Top Bottom