• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Smash 64 1v1 Tournament Brackets*

Box_of_Fox

Smash Journeyman
Unless someone on my bracket is some unknown savant, I only fear dreday ^.^

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
Well I missed registration, will you put up a reminder for the next tournament a few weeks before its up? There was probably one for this tourny, I just did not see it. From now on I will keep an eye out, thanks.

Nephiros

Smash Ace
About 10 minutes, and the most boring matches I've ever played in my life =\

whaahppnd

Smash Journeyman
kirby matches are just plain boring
when a good player like neph plays, it all depends on how much you can keep your head in the game which is pretty hard for 10 min...

same reason i lose to a lot of kirbys

felix45

Smash Lord
I'm telling you people to **** camping kirbys (or just any kirby player at all) all you have to do is spam fireballs as mario. or just be kirby yourself.

just do one of those and you are set to beat any kirby player out there really.

dont worry neph I'm sure zero will avenge you, he has a defensive playstyle and a mario that can spam to no end :p

Nephiros

Smash Ace
Not sure the fireballs would work against jacinta tho =P She spends more time in the air than on the ground.

Box_of_Fox

Smash Journeyman
*Points and laughs at Tiger for not signing up in time*

I completely forgot about the "running-away-spamming-fireballs-like-a-ho"... watch out Dre :chuckle:

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
I'm telling you people to **** camping kirbys (or just any kirby player at all) all you have to do is spam fireballs as mario. or just be kirby yourself.

just do one of those and you are set to beat any kirby player out there really.

dont worry neph I'm sure zero will avenge you, he has a defensive playstyle and a mario that can spam to no end :p

lol, you don't seem to know what you're talking about.

SmashThugZ

Smash Journeyman
how would being a Kirby yourself guarantee a win against another Kirby user? o.O
dealing against a camping Kirby is pretty simple; if you're using Fox, just short hop a lot and try to smother him with your attacks
his various options will be hindered down to just like rolling and/or shielding
if he jumps, chances are your short hop aerials will land a hit and then you can continue on from there
also, I always felt like Fox's aerial back A has a chance hit more than his aerial forward A does

Box_of_Fox

Smash Journeyman
Neph I feel for you.

I just lost to a roller-kirby.

*sob*

I should have used DK and spam-thrown.

Box_of_Fox

Smash Journeyman
A roller kirby is the dreaded "SH aerial sliding forward, sliding backward, no-use-z-cancelling-so-lets-just-hit-the-ground-roll-backward, rinse and repeat" prolonging the match oh say, 15 minutes?

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I can't seem to properly arrange a match with this mariomaster64ds guy. The only contact info he left was email, so when I email him he responds with stuff like "Hey I'm on now so come on and play." Unfortunately that doesn't work since I'm not checking my email 24/7, so by the time I get the email he's long gone.

Top Bottom