• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Tier prediction! (SPOILERS) UPDATED!

Do you agree with my choices?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dazzap

Smash Cadet
These are my OPINIONS This will be NOWHERE close the the real one. (Little disclaimer for y'all) Not in order. 1v1s
Without further ado....

S+(Superior) Not OP but better than most of the characters.
Rosalina and Luma
Yoshi
Bowser
Zero Suit Samus
Little Mac
Mii :p

S(Great) Great, and they feel a little better than other characters.
Sheik
Diddy Kong
Villager
King DeDeDe
Lucina

A(Great) Great, solid characters.
Peach
Bowser Jr.
Link
Zelda
Toon Link
Marth
Ike
Robin
Kirby
Meta Knight
Fox
Falco
Greninja
Duck Hunt (Duo)

B+(Good) A tad better than average.
Wario
MrG&W
Donkey Kong
Ganondorf
Charizard
Lucario
Jigglypuff
R.O.B
Captain Falcon
Doctor Mario
Wii Fit Trainer
Dark Pit
Shulk
Pac-Man
Mega Man
Sonic

B (Okay) Meh.
Mario
Luigi
Samus
Pit
Palutena (can't use beast customs)
Pikachu
Ness
Olimar

If you disagree, or agree, or.... whatever, please comment! I would love to see your opinions! But PLEASE be respectful. Mods, if you don't want tiers, I will take this down.

Thanks!

Dazzap

Last edited:

Trickerhere

Smash Ace
Sheik should be in S+ she feels really fast and can combo like crazy in this game. Ike in my opinion should be in average he kinda feels slower and has less range on his sword. I feel that Mario should be in the B+ above average. This Mario feels the best and can combo really well.

Peterawr

Smash Cadet
I'm so sad Olimar was nerfed so much.
He was my main in Brawl and now I don't even play as him :(

JohnnyDelMidwest

Smash Apprentice
Ironically in the South (Clarksville, Arkansas)
These are my OPINIONS This will be NOWHERE close the the real one. (Little disclaimer for y'all) Not in order.
Without further ado....

Rosalina and Luma
Yoshi
Bowser
Zero Suit Samus
Little Mac

S(Amazing) Great, and they feel a little better than other characters.
Sheik
Diddy Kong
Villager
King DeDeDe
Lucina

Peach
Bowser Jr.
Link
Zelda
Toon Link
Marth
Ike
Robin
Kirby
Meta Knight
Fox
Falco
Duck Hunt (Duo)

B+(Above Average) A tad better than average.
Wario
Palutena
Charizard
Lucario
Jigglypuff
Greninja
R.O.B
Captain Falcon
Doctor Mario
Wii Fit Trainer
Dark Pit
Shulk
Pac-Man
Mega Man
Sonic

B (Average) Meh.
Mario
Luigi
Donkey Kong
MrG&W
Ganondorf
Samus
Pit
Pikachu
Ness
Olimar

If you disagree, or agree, or.... whatever, please comment! I would love to see your opinions! But PLEASE be respectful. Mods, if you don't want tiers, I will take this down.

Thanks!

Dazzap
I disagree. My new main is DK [donkey kong] because his damage outputs are ridiculous. Borderline overpowered IMO.

Last edited:

Fluggerson

Smash Apprentice
rob, mario, sonic, greninja, pac-man, lucario, Samus too low.

ike, charizard, little mac too high.

errcs

Smash Rookie
I was close to being the first "YES" but there were a lot of housekeeping errors. It should be specified this is for 1v1, understanding there is a massive difference between 1v1 and 4 man is important for character choice. But, had the last group not been called 'average' I would've voted yes. Your titles are illogical, misleading and needs work. S/A/B/C/D would have been more appropriate IMO. Calling the last ranked group the average is completely incorrect usage of the term. Otherwise, I only have nitpicks to make for the rankings: Marth should be with Lucina in group 2. Wii Fit should be in the last group, G&W and DK should be one group higher. Mii, Pacman and Megaman should all be in the 3rd group, despite the few people who try to play MM&PM effectively.

Last edited:

EgeDal

Smash Journeyman
These are my OPINIONS This will be NOWHERE close the the real one. (Little disclaimer for y'all) Not in order.
Without further ado....

Rosalina and Luma
Yoshi
Bowser
Zero Suit Samus
Little Mac

S(Great) Great, and they feel a little better than other characters.
Sheik
Diddy Kong
Villager
King DeDeDe
Lucina

Peach
Bowser Jr.
Link
Zelda
Toon Link
Marth
Ike
Robin
Kirby
Meta Knight
Fox
Falco
Duck Hunt (Duo)

B+(Good) A tad better than average.
Wario
MrG&W
Donkey Kong
Ganondorf
Palutena
Charizard
Lucario
Jigglypuff
Greninja
R.O.B
Captain Falcon
Doctor Mario
Wii Fit Trainer
Dark Pit
Shulk
Pac-Man
Mega Man
Sonic

B (Okay) Meh.
Mario
Luigi
Samus
Pit
Pikachu
Ness
Olimar

Thanks!

Dazzap

palutena is D- and greninja is S but otherwise it's a cool list

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Palutena above Samus and Mario Bros?
Wario in the same group as Lucario [should be higher than Lucario] and Greninja [should be lower]?
Lol nope.

Last edited:

Dazzap

Smash Cadet
Trickerhere said, Sheik should be in S+ she feels really fast and can combo like crazy in this game. Ike in my opinion should be in average he kinda feels slower and has less range on his sword. I feel that Mario should be in the B+ above average. This Mario feels the best and can combo really well.
I moved Sheik up to S. Great point! Ike is Very powerful. He is slow, but his side special makes up for that. Mario is in B due to (In my opinion) Doctor Mario being better.
Hellrazor said, Ike over Marth and Lucina? W-what?
Whoops! Just moved Lucina to S, and all other fire emblem people to A. IMO Lucina Is better than Marth.
Dsull said, hehehe Lucario a B+. Hes a beast in this version.
Agreed. His aura has been buffed SO MUCH!
Fathom778 said, I say Ike should be in B+, not A. Other that, Sheik sould be S+
Ike Is good, and he has buffed (Literally) Look at Trickerhere's comment response, there you can find out why I put Ike in A. I don't think Sheik should S+ that is only for characters that are almost OP.
Petetawr said, I'm so sad Olimar was nerfed so much. He was my main in Brawl and now I don't even play as him :(
Yeah, Stoopid 3DS limitations.
IblisTriggersPuppet said, Greninja should be higher
Acknowledged he is now S.
Road Death Wheel said, lol people gotta see my g dorf in action.
Ganondorf has been moved up.
link2702 Said, that'll just put him lower. Troll
*Facepalm*
JohnnyDelMidwest said, I disagree. My new main is DK [donkey kong] because his damage outputs are ridiculous. Borderline overpowered IMO.
Because of the community, I have moved DK and MG&W up.
Fluggerson said, rob, mario, sonic, greninja, pac-man, lucario, Samus too low. ike, charizard, little mac too high.
Him... I (sort of) based this off of what I think the community thinks.
errcs said, I was close to being the first "YES" but there were a lot of housekeeping errors. It should be specified this is for 1v1, understanding there is a massive difference between 1v1 and 4 man is important for character choice. But, had the last group not been called 'average' I would've voted yes. Your titles are illogical, misleading and needs work. S/A/B/C/D would have been more appropriate IMO. Calling the last ranked group the average is completely incorrect usage of the term. Otherwise, I only have nitpicks to make for the rankings: Marth should be with Lucina in group 2. Wii Fit should be in the last group, G&W and DK should be one group higher. Mii, Pacman and Megaman should all be in the 3rd group, despite the few people who try to play MM&PM effectively.
Whoa! Thanks for your input. I really Appreciate that! I have changed this to 1v1s, Your right, average is dumb, and i have changed this tread appropriately.
EgeDal said, palutena is D- and greninja is S but otherwise it's a cool list
I have moved Greninja up, and your right, without customs, Palutena is pitiful.
Luigi#1 said, Palutena above Samus and Mario Bros? Wario in the same group as Lucario [should be higher than Lucario] and Greninja [should be lower]? Lol nope.
It's not in order. Dude! Wario is boss. and ZeRo said that Greninja is Great!

Thank you for commenting!

Last edited:

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
There's a lot I don't really agree with. For example, anyone over Sheik. I also wouldn't put Dedede anywhere near that high, or Mario anywhere near that low.

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
How the hell is Little Mac top tier when he can't recover and he is useless in the air, and can't combo?
Uh, Little Mac definitely has combos. Dtilt to UpSmash, Dtilt or Jab to KO Punch, etc.

Also, he hits like a bus, is super safe, and has a ton of armor.

JohnnyDelMidwest

Smash Apprentice
How the hell is Little Mac top tier when he can't recover and he is useless in the air, and can't combo?
because Little Mac is seldom in the air. They kind of made him too powerful on the ground so it's hard to knock him into the air. Plus, the hit detection when you attack in air is pretty poor in this game.

In theory, his terrible air game is a serious issue but in reality his ground game is so strong that realistically he's not going to get knocked around a lot.

Last edited:

Dazzap

Smash Cadet
There's a lot I don't really agree with. For example, anyone over Sheik. I also wouldn't put Dedede anywhere near that high, or Mario anywhere near that low.
Dedede is EXTREMELY good! He's been buffed a lot.
Plus, I find Doctor Mario to be better, so Mario is useless.
How the **** is Little Mac top tier when he can't recover and he is useless in the air, and can't combo?
Terotrous and JohhnyDelMidwest Pretty much answered this question. and, Little mac doesn't need to recover! that's why he's S+ (Check my last post)

Last edited:

CosmicFuzz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Masterphailure
3DS FC
4511-1602-4990
Anyone with a sex kick destroys Little Mac. Once he's in the air, he either has to counter or drop down quickly to avoid getting destroyed. I'd place him in A if anything.

JohnnyDelMidwest

Smash Apprentice
Anyone with a sex kick destroys Little Mac. Once he's in the air, he either has to counter or drop down quickly to avoid getting destroyed. I'd place him in A if anything.
Am I the only person who has an issue with the in air hit detection of this game? For me, it makes it easier said than done to take out Little Mac once he's in the air.

Dazzap

Smash Cadet
Am I the only person who has an issue with the in air hit detection of this game? For me, it makes it easier said than done to take out Little Mac once he's in the air.
On paper, it seems like it's easy to launch him in the air and take him out. But no. Once he's in the air, he takes two hits, and he's back on ground.

CosmicFuzz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Masterphailure
3DS FC
4511-1602-4990
On paper, it seems like it's easy to launch him in the air and take him out. But no. Once he's in the air, he takes two hits, and he's back on ground.
Repeat that twice and he's off stage at around 60-70%. He only has two ways to recover and both are horrible and easily gimpable.

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
Repeat that twice and he's off stage at around 60-70%. He only has two ways to recover and both are horrible and easily gimpable.
Recovering low with Up B is not that easily gimped, though he can only do it if he's fairly close to the edge.

CosmicFuzz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Masterphailure
3DS FC
4511-1602-4990
Recovering low with Up B is not that easily gimped, though he can only do it if he's fairly close to the edge.
If he's aiming low, why not go off the stage and hit him? His air speed is horrendous and if he actually gets to that area where he can safely recover using up B, then you aren't edge guarding enough.

Why wait until he actually gets to that level where he can recover with Up B when you can go off stage to kill him with any move or force him to side B and throw out a lingering hitbox that hits him and guarantees his death?

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
New
D3 is way too high. He may have a few new tricks, but his side-b and chaingrab removal doesn't help him too much now.

Mario is too low. As we seen in various videos of him, his combo potential has shot up. Doc should be a little closer to Mario as well. He's good, but tornado doesn't help him too much.

Rosaluma might be too far up. Dubez is a top notch Olimar player during Brawl years, so it would be sugar coating her seat being up that far. Yoshi might need to be lower too. Good improvements, but similar weaknesses as before.

In fact, I really don't think there should be an S+ tier. If that was the case then Shiek/ZSS might be the only two up there until something happens. Little Mac is ********, but he will drop hard if there's something hugely gimpy about him aside from air/recovery issues.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Believe it or not.
But Little Mac Smash attack have super armor, and that is rdiculous. I think they need to remove that Smash super Armor attack make me Little Mac S. Rosalina is a beast and Zero Suit Samus to me, is the strongest character in the game, The whip, the mobility and the freaking power is more powerful than Little Mac(ZSZ Dspecial is very cheap, I can't catch her!?). Is just me but the clones are way more powwerful than their original counterpart???

Poor little Olimar. I still main him but the Pikmin A.I. Kill him entirely. Why the pikmin are Dumber than the project M version, there were dumb but in smash 4 is like dumber... I still love Olimar, no matter the tier...

NoiseHERO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NoiseHERO
3DS FC
4038-7106-6271
Everyone trying to use megaman bringin out his best for A tier for camp strats yeah!

SHORT HOP GEAR DROP CANCEL INTO CRASH BOMB WAVE LAND SHORYUKEN

Redcard

Smash Cadet
I feel that Meta Knight should be B+ at the moment. He lost kill power and his neutral B feels like it has next to no priority and is only useable as a roll punish. His main form of killing in this game is gimping, which isn't the easiest thing in the world to do. He does still have (arguably) one of the best recoveries in the game, though.

Dbash

Smash Cadet
I posted on your first tier list thread, but I still think Kirby should be higher up. With buffs to most of his specials, I really think he'll be a much bigger threat than in Brawl.

Still biased though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom