• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Taunt Tier List (v0.0.1)

Quarium

Smash Journeyman
Isn't doubles taken into account?

>Be Jiggly.
>Partner is Fox.
>Kill opponent.
>Star KO.
>Up taunt with Jiggs.
>Have fox jab you to cancel the taunt every time.

''JIGGLY-JIGG-JIGGLYPU-JIGG-JI-JI-JIGG-JIGGLYPUFF-JIGGLY-JIGG-JIGGLYPU-JIGG-JI-JI-JIGG-JIGGLYPUFF-JIGGLY-JIGG-JIGGLYPU-JIGG-JI-JI-JIGG-JIGGLYPUFF-JIGGLY-JIGG-JIGGLYPU-JIGG-JI-JI-JIGG-JIGGLYPUFF-JIGGLY-JIGG-JIGGLYPU-JIGG-JI-JI-JIGG-JIGGLYPUFF-JIGGLY-JIGG-JIGGLYPU-JIGG-JI-JI-JIGG-JIGGLYPUFF-!!''

I swear we have drowned people on salt and gave them hypertension with that.

Sir Prize

Smash Rookie
NNID
FasciNate87
King Dedede and Wario for S Tier. They're the only two in the game with 4 different taunts.

Evello

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TinyTinyHippo
3DS FC
0473-7825-0053
After some reconsideration, I've arrived at my ultimate taunt tier list. It gets a little iffy around C and D tier, but I'm pretty satisfied with it.

S:
:4falcon::4dk::4dedede::4shulk::4wiifit::4luigi:
A: :4ness::4peach::rosalina::4wario::4pikachu::4kirby::4diddy::4duckhunt::4jigglypuff:
B: :4gaw::4metaknight::4zss::4lucas::4palutena::4villager::4lucina::4littlemac::4pacman::4robinm::4sonic:
C: :4olimar::4mario::4myfriends::4yoshi::4tlink::4bowser::4zelda::4greninja::4falco::4pit::4darkpit::4fox:
D: :4feroy::4ryu::4marth::4link::4ganondorf::4mewtwo::4lucario::4megaman::4bowserjr:
E: :4charizard::4rob::4miibrawl::4drmario::4miisword::4miigun::4sheik::4samus:

Bennext

Smash Cadet
After some reconsideration, I've arrived at my ultimate taunt tier list. It gets a little iffy around C and D tier, but I'm pretty satisfied with it.
S: :4falcon::4dk::4dedede::4shulk::4wiifit::4luigi:
A: :4ness::4peach::rosalina::4wario::4pikachu::4kirby::4diddy::4duckhunt::4jigglypuff:
B: :4gaw::4metaknight::4zss::4lucas::4palutena::4villager::4lucina::4littlemac::4pacman::4robinm::4sonic:
C: :4olimar::4mario::4myfriends::4yoshi::4tlink::4bowser::4zelda::4greninja::4falco::4pit::4darkpit::4fox:
D: :4feroy::4ryu::4marth::4link::4ganondorf::4mewtwo::4lucario::4megaman::4bowserjr:
E: :4charizard::4rob::4miibrawl::4drmario::4miisword::4miigun::4sheik::4samus:
No, sheik should not be at the bottom, what about the one arm hand stand? Trade the spot with one of the d-list.

76leelee76

Smash Cadet
NNID
76leelee76
3DS FC
2552-3634-1654
This is a thing?
If it is, we should make this tier list as a community together.
+1.

Mai

Smash Rookie
NNID
Corisette
I feel like Meta Knight should be higher. That "Fight Me" taunt after a combo, 0-death or kill is just rage inducing for me

Edit: same with ZSS Her "Is that all" is just to good.

Last edited:

Genuine_Angus_B33F

Smash Rookie
Lets be clear now; We're making a list of the most disrespectful taunts. Crouching and Crouchwalking are an added bonus, but the other list doesn't grasp the true feeling of disrespect. These aren't here to be flashy; they represent salt in its purest, most basic forms... here it is.

S TIER: Iconic, Salt Assuring, So Dirty you throw things.
:4dk::4luigi::4dedede::4wario::4falcon::4sonic::4ness::4villager::4wiifit:
A TIER: Salty. Despicable. Cringes Imminent.
:4peach::4shulk::4palutena::4falco::4ganondorf::4pikachu::4duckhunt::rosalina::4zss::4robinm::4kirby::4fox::4myfriends:
B TIER: Disgusting, but only to a degree. Potentially Salty.
:4zelda::4jigglypuff::4ryu::4diddy::4greninja::4gaw::4mario::4drmario::4bowser::4lucas::4yoshi::4marth:(whoops):4link:
C TIER: Rude, not Crude. Will Piss you off at worst, but don't do much.
:4megaman::4lucario::4pacman::4feroy::4miibrawl::4rob::4bowserjr::4littlemac::4olimar::4lucina::4tlink::4pit::4charizard::4metaknight:
D TIER: Not even mean. Just don't taunt, it isn't worth it.
:4miisword::4miigun::4darkpit::4mewtwo::4robinf::4samus:
SHEIK TIER: Oooo, is that a handstand?
:4sheik:

That is my humble opinion. Don't taunt as Sheik. Ever.

Last edited:

Mr. Buddy

Smash Cadet
Characters in each tier are in no particular order
God Tier: :4dedede:
Top Tier: :4falco: :4wiifit: :4falcon: :4wario: :4luigi: :4dk:
High Tier: :4peach: :4pikachu: :4ganondorf: :rosalina: :4kirby: :4gaw: :4myfriends: :4ness: :4villager: :4sonic:
Borderline: :4ryu: :4jigglypuff: :4fox: :4palutena: :4duckhunt:
Middle Tier: :4zelda: :4diddy: :4mario: :4zss: :4olimar: :4bowser: :4yoshi: :4marth: :4metaknight: :4lucas: :4pit: :4pacman: :4link: :4bowserjr:
Borderline: :4tlink: :4rob:
Low Tier: :4darkpit: :4miibrawl: :4miigun: :4miisword: :4mewtwo: :4greninja: :4lucario: :4megaman: :4lucina:
Bottom Tier: :4drmario: :4charizard: :4samus: :4littlemac: :4feroy: :4robinm: :4sheik:
Shulk Tier: :4shulk:

Last edited:

Sünta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sünta_Foot
3DS FC
2234-7187-3957
Donkey and D3 not S tier? D3 has 4 taunts and D-Air and down taunt is a true combo.

76leelee76

Smash Cadet
NNID
76leelee76
3DS FC
2552-3634-1654
We must take into account that wii fit trainer has an amazing crouch: And when you move while crouching, well, that's gotta be in the metagame soon. I believe it's the best underrated strat ever, and it's taunting enough.
Wii fit trainer should be in like 2nd.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8ngIAulvB4
Go around 16 seconds, and imagine the wii fit trainer MOVING while crouching.

Last edited:

Zaabrey

Smash Apprentice
I play Peach... She definitely got the top.

You wouldn't believe the amount of rage I've gotten when I taunt mid-match especially the side taunt "Lalala LalaaaLAA!".

:troll: Teehee

IKEMUTULI

Smash Rookie
NNID
CodeNameDexter
I can agree with Peach being top because her taunts make my head explode.

Lets be clear now; We're making a list of the most disrespectful taunts. Crouching and Crouchwalking are an added bonus, but the other list doesn't grasp the true feeling of disrespect. These aren't here to be flashy; they represent salt in its purest, most basic forms... here it is.

:4peach::4shulk::4palutena::4falco::4ganondorf::4pikachu::4duckhunt::rosalina::4zss::4robinm::4kirby::4fox::4myfriends:
:4zelda::4jigglypuff::4ryu::4diddy::4greninja::4gaw::4mario::4drmario::4bowser::4lucas::4yoshi::4marth:
:4megaman::4lucario::4pacman::4feroy::4miibrawl::4rob::4bowserjr::4littlemac::4olimar::4lucina::4tlink::4pit::4charizard::4metaknight:

This. I like this one, too.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
I guess it's controversial but you should consider throwing Greninja up to S-Tier just on the premise that his DTaunt not only attacks the opponent, but COMBOS INTO UAIR AT KILL PERCENTS provided you catch them late into the taunt. I can see this being a really nasty ledge trap for those purposes.

Also I think Greninja's UTaunt and DTaunt both look spiffy, anyway.

Last edited:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Woah woah woah.

Shulk is obviously S-tier when it comes to taunts. You all are clearly not feeling it. :4shulk:

Last edited:

Genuine_Angus_B33F

Smash Rookie
I guess it's controversial but you should consider throwing Greninja up to S-Tier just on the premise that his DTaunt not only attacks the opponent, but COMBOS INTO UAIR AT KILL PERCENTS provided you catch them late into the taunt. I can see this being a really nasty ledge trap for those purposes.

Also I think Greninja's UTaunt and DTaunt both look spiffy, anyway.
Tbh he would be in C if it weren't for the attack taunt. That's why he's B-tier. In other words, I did take this into account.

Sir Prize

Smash Rookie
NNID
FasciNate87

:4zelda::4jigglypuff::4ryu::4diddy::4greninja::4gaw::4mario::4drmario::4bowser::4lucas::4yoshi::4marth:

.....Where is Link?

imsoul

Smash Cadet
NNID
thesouldemon
3DS FC
3411-3945-3633
DDD Definitely S tier, I mean he has a taunt which is an infinite and has no lag

Mikey Da Bawse

Smash Cadet
NNID
MikeyDaBawse
3DS FC
5129-1447-8505
Asking someone "Is that all?" with :4zss: can be rage-inducing and should be at least B tier.

I agree with :4peach: placement though.
I've actually made someone rage IRL by using the side taunt at them after wrecking them.
Too good...

Zaabrey

Smash Apprentice
Doing Link's down-taunt against a salty opponent when getting star KO'ed is very satisfying!

Last edited:
Top Bottom