• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero

Renji64

Smash Lord
It means Miyamoto ain't taking anymore ****. He doesn't want to be the circus clown trying to make his audience laugh just to "be entertained".
Oh okay I do agree about the part people take games for granted everyone just wants nintendo to put their stuff on mobile devices which has to be annoying.

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
http://www.computerandvideogames.co...lains-nintendos-renewed-passion-for-the-core/
Shigeru Miyamoto on casual gamers: "It's kind of a passive attitude they're taking, and to me it's kind of a pathetic thing."
What does this even mean?
It means Miyamoto was not entertained when he went to Disneyland...

For real, though, his comments give me even more hope for the future of Nintendo and the Wii U. I bought my Wii U on day one and have never regretted it, but it's always nice to see one of the big bosses saying that the games are being designed for people who actively play videogames as a pastime, rather than a more casual crowd that might only play Wii Music or some such title.

As for the influence on Smash, I wonder if this is part of why Sakurai has been focusing more time and attention on balance? Given that's balance is a concept that is appreciates more by the "core gamer" crowd, it's possible if Nintendo really is trying to cater to such an audience.

Sil

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1032-1490-1609
Just beat KH2's Sephiroth on my second try.

Sure beats the five hundred tries it took on my first playthrough.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
http://www.computerandvideogames.co...lains-nintendos-renewed-passion-for-the-core/
Shigeru Miyamoto on casual gamers: "It's kind of a passive attitude they're taking, and to me it's kind of a pathetic thing."
"Among the broad range of topics discussed with Miyamoto, the famed games developer explains how Splatoon was nearly a Mario title, why he believes Nintendo should not abandon hardware, as well as expanding on previous comments made at E3 regarding what he perceives as "creative immaturity" within the development sector."

Wat? Is this supposed to mean that Splatoon originally was going to be a Mario game or am I missing something? Okay, I came across this interview that I must have missed, but I'd love to know more on the subject. And what is this "creative immaturity"? Hmm...

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
I AM SO ****ING PSYCHED EVERYONE!!! After trading in my Kindle Fire and a crap ton of games and movies at Entertainmart followed by selling my PS3 and Wii at Gamestop I FINALLY GOT A HOLD OF THE WII U. This was not going to happen any other way due to finances, but I really couldn't be happier. The GamePad is way awesome, and I got Monster Hunter 3, Assassins Creed 3, AND I reserved my copy of Smash Bros. I AM SO ****ING READY FOR THIS. MY BODY IS READY Y'ALL!!! Woo!

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Sounds like they gave up on the Just Dance/Wii Party/Only play games when friends are over crowd.

Thank goodness Splatoon is a new IP, I probably would have brushed it off as "Another Mario Sports Game"
But I need to see games, this Rock Em' Sock Em' Robot bull**** he showed at E3 isn't my definition of a core game.

OMG.... I'm so happy
It's like he has been reading my Primates eHarmony page...
He knows how i feel

ChaosSoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaosSoul
3DS FC
2148-8364-1572
finally able to get back on here it's been a while so whats the latest topic at hand

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Hrmm. Well that's interesting to say the least.

I AM SO ****ING PSYCHED EVERYONE!!! After trading in my Kindle Fire and a crap ton of games and movies at Entertainmart followed by selling my PS3 and Wii at Gamestop I FINALLY GOT A HOLD OF THE WII U. This was not going to happen any other way due to finances, but I really couldn't be happier. The GamePad is way awesome, and I got Monster Hunter 3, Assassins Creed 3, AND I reserved my copy of Smash Bros. I AM SO ****ING READY FOR THIS. MY BODY IS READY Y'ALL!!! Woo!
Shoulda got something besides AC3, really. Unless the Wii-U version is somehow better and less glitchy.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Some new scans showing Pokemon, including Zoroark as a Pokeball:

nintendoeverything.com/super-smash-bros-for-wii-u3ds-scans-4/?pid=66599

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If that one kirby skin is suppose to be "Meta Knight unmasked"

Then why isn't he blue?

That one

He's not blue

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
If that one kirby skin is suppose to be "Meta Knight unmasked"

Then why isn't he blue?

That one

He's not blue
Interesting that Meta Knight-hat Kirby doesn't have green eyes like they were in Brawl (I never understood why they did that in the first place anyway).

Also, just bought me the Mario Kart 8 DLC bundle preorder. Can't wait for 3 months for the first batch (BUT WHY DO HAVE TO WAIT 9 MONTHS TO HAVE THE SECOND BATCH???).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Also, just bought me the Mario Kart 8 DLC bundle preorder. Can't wait for 3 months for the first batch (BUT WHY DO HAVE TO WAIT 9 MONTHS TO HAVE THE SECOND BATCH???).
They need time to prepare the awesomeness that is Dry Bowser.
But hey, in the meantime, at least you'll have Link + some new tracks and karts.

zack4812

Smash Apprentice
I'm pre-ordering a spot on the hype train. Thursday could be something good... right?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
So I can't for the life of me figure out how to update Mario Kart 8... can anyone help a brother out?

Nevermind i'm an idiot.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So I can't for the life of me figure out how to update Mario Kart 8... can anyone help a brother out?
If you're talking about the DLC, just go to the shop and download it.
For the actual update to the game with the fancy on-screen map and stats, that downloads automatically, or at least it should.

SSBIx3M

Smash Apprentice
I don't know where to ask this, but I have a problem in the Group section. I can't view any thread on it.
It says: "Smashboards - Error; You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action."

What's the problem? :3

D

Deleted member

OK, completed first day of junior year. Now it's time to print out all the useless forms. *sigh*

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom

Does anyone have a render of this so I can use it in a collage? I kept on trying to cut out the excess, but I'm not very skilled with photoshopping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom