• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
It's not particularly a good thing to be doing so quickly after the end of such an event. It's feeds into the idea that the competitive community cannot be pleased in the minds of Nintendo and may prevent them from making further attempts in the future which does not pose a healthy relationship between the competitive community and Nintendo which is not helping anyone involved.

I'm not going to criticize her for her opinion but that is what it is. I just feeling that the timing for it was not very good especially when Nintendo is probably paying attention to those that were involved giving it a couple of days at least probably would have helped.

Last edited:

THEREAL59JS

Smash Rookie
Ganondorf will come back. But I heard L-canceling is not back.
I hope so. It sucks that l-canceling isn't returning. I can't play the game if it doesn't atleast have that. Without l-canceling, how am I supposed to down-air (down-stomp) people 5 times in a row??

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Well in her defense, Project M is tons and tons of fun.

But in her offense, she could have worded it a heck of a lot better and not have been so rude about it not to mention the time frame.

I'm saving my opinions for the game for after I play the demo today at the Smash Fest at Best Buy. And even then, there is gonna be a lot a grain of salt taking for that since it's a demo/early version and a lot could change at the final release.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The Best Buy thing confuses me. Even though I won't go,I still have my three areas.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
It's not particularly a good thing to be doing so quickly after the end of such an event. It's feeds into the idea that the competitive community cannot be pleased in the minds of Nintendo and may prevent them from making further attempts in the future which does not pose a healthy relationship between the competitive community and Nintendo which is not helping anyone involved.

I'm not going to criticize her for her opinion but that is what it is. I just feeling that the timing for it was not very good especially when Nintendo is probably paying attention to those that were involved giving it a couple of days at least probably would have helped.
See, it's funny. The one time Nintendo actually considers us part of what make Smash big and we just rudely give it back. It's like we'd rather be Nintendo's enemy than friend. If they hold out their hand, we shake it. Not punch it and run.
And then when people get mad again when Nintendo is not on our side again. We can just remind them of the crap they gave Nintendo.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Who wants to send Anonymous hate mail that will soon drive to death threats that will lead her to depression,then later on the verge of insanity?

No one? Okay....

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
See, it's funny. The one time Nintendo actually considers us part of what make Smash big and we just rudely give it back. It's like we'd rather be Nintendo's enemy than friend. If they hold out their hand, we shake it. Not punch it and run.
And then when people get mad again when Nintendo is not on our side again. We can just remind them of the crap they gave Nintendo.
Actually it's a piece of a more complicated situation in the gaming community, not just Smash where we have issues with wanted more people involved in the medium or bring it to the masses but not if it means we have to change or adjust to meet the needs of those we are trying to connect to. Whether it's with a company, an developer, or even other players.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Well,you have to accept people have different ways of expressing a certain event from their personal beliefs.

Unless it's Miiverse. Those guys are *****.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Actually it's a piece of a more complicated situation in the gaming community, not just Smash where we have issues with wanted more people involved in the medium or bring it to the masses but not if it means we have to change or adjust to meet the needs of those we are trying to connect to. Whether it's with a company, an developer, or even other players.
I understand that. But if we want to grow we may need to be open with more options. I'm not saying accept, but consider.
And as of right now that doesn't seem to be the case.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Thanks to everyone who confirmed their smashfests, I appreciate that. :) My local thread did too and we still have ours. So, no worries now.

The Best Buy thing confuses me. Even though I won't go,I still have my three areas.
Well, more than likely it was a glitch, or something that caused the locator to revert to an earlier version before a lot more Best Buys got added. It happens, especially when their site is trying to manage so many reveals/new character info updating at once.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Wow, this is really rude and disrespectful.

With this comment, she didn't deserve to be invited to the tournament. It's like people complain for the sake of complaining.

Last year, Nintendo tries to shut down the stream, people complained (and rightfully so). Now, Nintendo tries to approach the fans and "the game isn't good enough".

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118

With this comment, she didn't deserve to be invited to the tournament. It's like people complain for the sake of complaining.

Last year, Nintendo tries to shut down the stream, people complained (and rightfully so). Now, Nintendo tries to approach the fans and "the game isn't good enough".
Humans like to complain. It makes our species unique.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

People are needy....and impatient....

I hate the US.

Last edited:

yahooda

Smash Ace
NNID
yahooda
3DS FC
0302-0469-6394
I think that even if Nintendo made a Smash that was basically just Melee but with different characters and stages, people would still say it sucks compared to Melee. (Melee is great though, plz don't sue me)

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Eh,I want a sig,but I can't seem to find the right one.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I think I need to clarify a bit further.

Well the situation with the tournament and this individual is a little more complicated. Let's just say my workplace for example has me go to an event with a potential partner company and they hold some big event where I am asked to take part and be a face in whatever this event was. Then I get on social media and trash the partner or their product. Now I am aware this analogy is a little weird as this is more then likely going to cost someone their job and this person was not employed by anyone, but the other part of the consequences are still there to the community. Even excluding firing it does do damage to the partner's view of the organization or company they are trying to work with. I would literally be someone that was seen by everyone and people would effected by what I said rather then someone unknown on this forum expressing my opinion.

What she actually said was not any worse then what has gone on in this forum since yesterday, but it's the fact that her timing and her current weight on the issue as a known face can possibly (not absolutely) consequences even if she does have the right to say them. There are just times I feel even in this community where things should not be said or at least not said in a particular context.

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
Has anyone got footage of Giga Bowser? I've heard he's been confirmed, but I haven't seen him anywhere. I'm going to spend the rest of the day editing the IGN wiki and I need a pic. Thanks in advance.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
See, that comment by PeachyHime is exactly why Nintendo doesn't want to do nice things for the Smash Community.

Disrespectful....

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Has anyone got footage of Giga Bowser? I've heard he's been confirmed, but I haven't seen him anywhere. I'm going to spend the rest of the day editing the IGN wiki and I need a pic. Thanks in advance.
GameXPlain video had it. I think it was Skyloft.

Zelda/Sheik's Light Arrow confirmed.
Pikachu's Volt Tackle confirmed.
Marth's Critical Hit confirmed.

Last edited:

Colin Steele

Smash Apprentice
So... casual... :laugh:
If you say so. Link is fun in 4 player which is of course what they'll be playing at this event. ZSS is great but can get a little too light for such antics. I'd like to play new Samus to see if she's improved any over Brawl Samus, but I don't see that being the case.

Scar did mention something about Sakurai saying that Samus was the strongest in the game. I'm guessing he meant % dealing - he couldn't have meant that she's the best character in the game. Although it's possible he was talking about ZSS, which would make sense.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I am really desperate for Snakey, guys.
Here you go. :troll:

Call me evil, but I would pray for her to get calcific tendinitis. Sakurai's illness.
...Yeah, kinda disproportionate retribution there.

...On a different matter, that one part in the question thing when someone asked Sakurai about balance stuff and he replied: "have you ever made a game?" was pretty awesome, though.

---

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Oh, sorry. I'm just getting bored from the stream as it is now. Just waiting for the more exciting stuff, like Sonic Boom, StarFox, Smash (if there's any left), GCN Virtual Console, and hopefully more exciting unannounced titles like that
WAIT.

Indie Games showoff...
Chorus Kids are from an Indie Game.
GEMATSU SAID CHORUS KIDS WOULD BE IN SMASH.

CONSPIRACY!!!

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I just hope that PeachyHime realizes that the Japanese are very respectful, and would never slander someone's game after they invited them to the first Smash Bros. Tournament held by Nintendo.

I really wish she'd just kept her mouth shut.

If you say so. Link is fun in 4 player which is of course what they'll be playing at this event. ZSS is great but can get a little too light for such antics. I'd like to play new Samus to see if she's improved any over Brawl Samus, but I don't see that being the case.

Scar did mention something about Sakurai saying that Samus was the strongest in the game. I'm guessing he meant % dealing - he couldn't have meant that she's the best character in the game. Although it's possible he was talking about ZSS, which would make sense.
Sir, I was talking about Miyamoto's Star Fox announcement.

Last edited:

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
GameXPlain video had it. I think it was Skyloft.

Zelda/Sheik's Light Arrow confirmed.
Pikachu's Volt Tackle confirmed.
Marth's Critical Hit confirmed.
Thanks! :) Looks like he got a slight buff.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So.....
it's that awkward time of the day again....

Anybody like PETA? I don't.
It's not that they're bad,it's,you know. Claiming Obama is an evil person because he swatted a fly on live television isn't really a place where I would want to be.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
(Still on PeachyHime... lol)

I don't really care if you think Melee or Project M is the greatest Smash, just PLEASE show a little respect for a man who's given years of his life to making this game.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Hopefully they realize she's not the voice of the majority and they see the backlash from this. Pretty sure they know they can't make every individual player happy, but the fact they're catering to their competitive scene is something I don't think anyone doesn't deeply appreciate.

Who knows... Sakurai might be reading all our posts right now.... ;)

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Anybody like PETA? I don't.
It's not that they're bad,it's,you know. Claiming Obama is an evil person because he swatted a fly on live television isn't really a place where I would want to be.
I stopped taking them seriously a long time ago.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Hopefully they realize she's not the voice of the majority and they see the backlash from this. Pretty sure they know they can't make every individual player happy, but the fact they're catering to their competitive scene is something I don't think anyone doesn't deeply appreciate.

I'm sure Nintendo won't go berserk because of one stupid person, but it still reflects badly on all of us.

EDIT: I'm off to work around my house. If anything happens on the twitch, alert me.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Sure, what she said was rude, could have definitely been worded better, and it could have had better timing. But a lot of you are overacting to it as well. I man, I don't really consider what she actually said about the game as slandering, now here Project M comments could be consider as slandering due to the mod's status. But really, how is expressing her opinion, that she believes, on what she got from the game slandering? Yes it could have been worded better, I'm not denying that, and the whole Project M comments should have probably not been included. But I mean c'mon, she's just speaking on what she thinks about the game, basically speaking her view on the truth of matter, and I really can't get mad at that. It's not like she went on to say to boycott the game and that the game sucks ass, just that she has little hope on how the game will turn out. Stop over reacting.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

He can't read or speak English.

Or CAN HE?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom