• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
In all seriousness, where the hell do we go for the streams today?

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
So, Ridley, Mii, Krystal...? :troll:

Sad part is, this does apply to them all. I've seen a lot of those who hate Ridley being playable. Or replace that with Tingle if you want a more reasonable example. As for Mii, not being customizable is likely, so... we don't have to worry about people overusing it online.
Sure, not all of those characters are optimal, but I think Sakurai could pull off anyone.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
As for Mii, not being customizable is likely, so... we don't have to worry about people overusing it online.
No, then they'll be hated for not being customizable. Calling them bland and generic all because you can't put your face on them.
There's just no win/win situation for them. Either one part hates them or the other.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
No, then they'll be hated for not being customizable. Calling them bland and generic all because you can't put your face on them.
There's just no win/win situation for them. Either one part hates them or the other.
Sakurai said no character costumes can be customized. That's probably going to stick. Just give them actual costumes of notable things, including Reggie(who was joked about being playable). That works too.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Sakurai said no character costumes can be customized. That's probably going to stick. Just give them actual costumes of notable things, including Reggie(who was joked about being playable). That works too.
But that won't work for them. It's either all or nothing.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
But that won't work for them. It's either all or nothing.
No it isn't. What's notable is that they can play any role in any game due to their genericness as well as making your own costume. It's not a "one thing only". It's likely they're playable, and I can't see why he would not stick to his word. Also, people spamming Mii's online with their own costumes doesn't really sound desirable for players, so making that impossible helps. It's actually a smart decision. Especially if the customization options allow you draw stuff on their shirts/face/etc. It'll be abused for dumb stuff. Not even really a question at that point, just a "when will they do this?" Sakurai avoiding it? More believable. I've seen a goddamn Hitler Mii. Who the hell wants to see that online, or for that matter, why should that even be possible? Plus, making them look like another character means we might see less of the actual character.

Villager is known for the same thing, but he gave him/her very specific and reasonable costumes, despite the customization feature. I definitely think he'll ignore it if Mii is playable.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Maybe we can see some stuff on Killer Instinct Season 2. It'd be cool to see some TJ Combo. Maybe some more info on Halo 5, since....well, why not?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Maybe we can see some stuff on Killer Instinct Season 2. It'd be cool to see some TJ Combo. Maybe some more info on Halo 5, since....well, why not?
The company that worked on Killer Instinct 3 went down, didn't it? As sad as it is, that game might be dead now. And it sucks, since some nostalgic or older players were waiting for an epic revival(we got it, but not everyone like it was going to be due to the power of DLC).

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Alright, in order to pass the time, let's post some of our favorite songs from movies, cartoons, whatever.

Here's one of mine, a giant rapping robot who acts like an office worker 90% of the time.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
No it isn't. What's notable is that they can play any role in any game due to their genericness as well as making your own costume. It's not a "one thing only". It's likely they're playable, and I can't see why he would not stick to his word. Also, people spamming Mii's online with their own costumes doesn't really sound desirable for players, so making that impossible helps. It's actually a smart decision. Especially if the customization options allow you draw stuff on their shirts/face/etc. It'll be abused for dumb stuff. Not even really a question at that point, just a "when will they do this?" Sakurai avoiding it? More believable. I've seen a goddamn Hitler Mii. Who the hell wants to see that online, or for that matter, why should that even be possible? Plus, making them look like another character means we might see less of the actual character.

Villager is known for the same thing, but he gave him/her very specific and reasonable costumes, despite the customization feature. I definitely think he'll ignore it if Mii is playable.
I understand that. Heck, I'm one of the few attempting to advocate for this.

But anytime I try you always get one or two guys saying otherwise. It's funny really. I post, and count sheep waiting for someone to say it. I could make a drinking game out of it. But back on topic here, it always goes that they would be bland, it would completely kill the reason why they were made for some reason. To be you. To be whatever you want. If you cut out the customization part, then it makes them nothing but a empty canvas, or one that you're told to ignore. And yes, I have pulled up Villager, but apparently they're "different" IIRC.

Sure. I've said numerous times that they could be, it's possible, they have enough background to make a moveset out of (they've made enough references in games to end up being a Mr. G&W type of character). But apparently God forbid you can't make them you, then they're worth nothing apparently. They might as well not be in the roster. At least, that's what I got.

I said this somewhere else, but I believe that Miis will end up being the ROB of SSB4 if they get in. Sure, people will most likely accept them later down the road. But the backlash before that IMO will be worse than WFT. If this is to go by.

Alright, in order to pass the time, let's post some of our favorite songs from movies, cartoons, whatever.
Anywhere you say?
Well...
*pulls up Weird Al archive*

D

Deleted member

[ADVICES WANTED] I'm actively researching on how to capture both my office and my webcam in one video.

If someone could give me some tips before tomorrow, I would be very grateful !

I did some research, and I came across 2 softwares that could meet these criterias which seem to be suitable :

- Bandicam (http://www.bandicam.com/fr/)

- SMRecorder (http://smrecorder.softonic.fr/)

Do some of you have other softwares to advise me ?

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
@ Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth Hell no, the main reason people want Mii is because of the customizability. That's the whole point of them. I don't know about you, but I don't want to be stuck with this:

You're afraid that people will make offensive miis? It doesn't happen in Mario Kart or Miiverse, so why would it happen in Smash? Even if it did, wasn't it announced that that there would be a report option for "relentless targeting of an individual" and such? Anyway, how much damage could a caricaturized depiction of a human being do anyway? It's not like you can get them to spout foul language or anything like that! :laugh:

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The company that worked on Killer Instinct 3 went down, didn't it? As sad as it is, that game might be dead now. And it sucks, since some nostalgic or older players were waiting for an epic revival(we got it, but not everyone like it was going to be due to the power of DLC).
Season 2 was already confirmed. But a different studio is working on it. We just don't know what exactly will be shown off.

In other news, here's a Megaman X1 styled version of Bloody Tears. There was also an X2 version somewhere. I liked that one a lot too.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So pumped for E3, and I hope today's update means zoroark may be playable although I am doubtful. Anyway here are 2 songs from me:

E3's theme song for Nintendo right here!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Here's one of mine, a giant rapping robot who acts like an office worker 90% of the time.

I'm particularly fond of the Soul Eater Theme:

Full Version:

I don't understand Japanese, but I find the song (particularly the opening lines) to be really catchy. It also helps that Soul Eater is my favorite anime/manga.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Call of Duty: Master Chief's Alternate Adventure. :rolleyes:

Mordor & Evolve are my favorites so far. Unity's pretty good, but I'm not much for Assassin's Creed.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Season 2 of Killer Instinct is only TJ Combo apparently. lol
I can't tell if you are being sarcastic. There might be more. They usually have some kind of hint towards the end.

By the looks of it, that red glow at the end could be Cinder from KI1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom