• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasumii

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rasumii
1. Wind Waker (Loved that you were a kid the entire game trying to just rescue your sister.)
2. A Link Between Worlds (New way of doing Zelda, found it interesting and very fun.)
3. Twilight Princess (MIDNAA!! And I just liked the Dark Story which is different than most Zeldas. Also had a very great Soundtrack)
4. Ocarina of Time 3D (Just a fantastic game overall.)
5. Skyward Sword (Skyloft was great, Ghirahim was interesting, the Groose is loose)

That was tough for me to do. I'm surprised many people didn't like Skyward Sword, I thought it was a great game. Wind Waker, I just loved the animation for it and that it was just based around you being a kid the entire game really.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
1. Wind Waker (Loved that you were a kid the entire game trying to just rescue your sister.)
2. A Link Between Worlds (New way of doing Zelda, found it interesting and very fun.)
3. Twilight Princess (MIDNAA!! And I just liked the Dark Story which is different than most Zeldas. Also had a very great Soundtrack)
4. Ocarina of Time 3D (Just a fantastic game overall.)
5. Skyward Sword (Skyloft was great, Ghirahim was interesting, the Groose is loose)

That was tough for me to do. I'm surprised many people didn't like Skyward Sword, I thought it was a great game. Wind Waker, I just loved the animation for it and that it was just based around you being a kid the entire game really.
Skyward Sword did have a few big issues. The motion controls didn't always work properly, in some cases they were just plain broken (swimming and bird flying are the biggest offenders).
There were way too few dungeons, and the ones you did visit had you re-explore the same areas.
Instead, the majority of the game involved sidequests that were really tedious at times (TADTONES)
The graphics were stale and uninteresting and the music often wasn't as memorable as other games, with exceptions of course.
Oh, and the biggest flaw, the game held your hand so hard it might rip the damn thing off.

All that aside, I loved Skyward Sword, because for it flaws, it returned with many great innovations for the series.
The upgrade system, the on-the go items, the Adventure pouch, the level design, fantastic. I really hoped future installments utilize these features.

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
1. Wind Waker (the original, the Wii U one is awful)
2.Ocarina of Time 3D
3.Majora's Mask
4.ALTTP
5.Skyward Sword
6.Link's Awakening
7.OOS
8.ALBW
9.TP
10.Phantom Hourglass
11.OOA (Goron dance :c)
12.Hyrule Fantasy(JPN subtitle)
13.Four Swords
14.AOL
15.Spirit Tracks

Can't wait for MC in April!

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
1. Wind Waker (the original, the Wii U one is awful)
2.Ocarina of Time 3D
3.Majora's Mask
4.ALTTP
5.Skyward Sword
6.Link's Awakening
7.OOS
8.ALBW
9.TP
10.Phantom Hourglass
11.OOA (Goron dance :c)
12.Hyrule Fantasy(JPN subtitle)
13.Four Swords
14.AOL
15.Spirit Tracks

Can't wait for MC in April!
How is the HD version bad? It's the exact same game with bloom and faster sailing.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Top 5?

1) Majora's Mask/Link's Awakening(Tied, because they are so goddamn awesome.)
2) Wind Waker(Holy crap, this game is good, and I still suck at using the Grappling Hook to this day properly)
I honestly cannot decide on the other ones(Oracle of Ages is very high, though. Ocarina of Time is still great, but not in the tops. Seasons is a bit lower. I generally like every other game I've played and haven't listed), but here's my least favorite, in no order;
x) Twilight Princess(To clarify, the gameplay in itself is good, but the visuals and areas bored me, and the storyline was meh. I hated Ganondorf's involvement in it entirely. He brought nothing beyond a good battle to the game itself. So the only thing I can honestly say was good was gameplay alone, imo, of course)
x) Phantom Hourglass(What can I see? The storyline in itself was fine, so were the visuals, but my god, the controls were just awful. I cannot beat the game without codes because of this. I despise everything but the item controls gameplay-wise. I need to be able to beat the game to even somewhat like it.)
x) Zelda II(First, I will note it is a cult classic and I don't hate it like I do with Phantom Hourglass. I just suck nuts at it, but otherwise like it. It's still one of my least favorite because I suck at it, though. It had little going for it beyond music, imo)

I have not played the CD-i games, and cannot fairly judge them. I haven't played Skyward Sword, only a slight bit of Four Swords Anniversary Edition, Link's Crossbow Training, Spirit Tracks, any of the Tingle games, or the BS games. I played FSAE's single player and it felt a bit too hard due compared to FSA, namely because I couldn't control each Link at once very well at all. I hear Spirit Tracks has a similar problem, so I doubt I'll like the game at all, but... we'll see, respectively.

Malcolm Belmont

Smash Ace
NNID
King Joffery
Hey guys, I'm new here. I am just curious..would you mind Impa replacing Sheik. I think she could make a unique charcter..

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Hey guys, I'm new here. I am just curious..would you mind Impa replacing Sheik. I think she could make a unique charcter..
No.

Bad idea.

You forget that Impa has tons of non-Sheik moves and could easily get her own slot(and why can't she do that instead?), as well as is more than just some silly Ninja. She's also a very old woman with a cane, and a, get this, portly woman that can lift cows. She has tons of potential as her own unique slot without being some silly replacement. Plus, you have no idea how many people will call bloody murder that they removed half of Zelda(not to mention her better half) for a far less important character(she's not one of the mains, as Zelda/Shiek/Tetra and their Toon variants(a Toon Sheik was planned during Brawl according to the file names specifically and a toon design appears in one of the Scribblenauts games) are always a Main character in every appearance). It's like replacing Zelda with(look at the spoiler).

Hilda. And this is even worse as an idea, but overall, both are terrible ideas.

Replacing characters should barely be done, especially main characters for supporting ones at best.

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Every time people argue about Chrom, a Leomon dies.
Stop killing off the Leomon, they've got enough to worry about without you causing their deaths.
You immediately failed when you're using Leomon's death as a counter measure.

I don't even know jack squat about Leomon, so I can't provide any sympathy.

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
How is the HD version bad? It's the exact same game with bloom and faster sailing.
They took out the Tingle Tuner, you can't see the map while playing on the pad, the motion controls don't work and the lighting makes it look like a different time of day in places.

But really it's what they didn't add (wiimote compatibility, beat the WindT before the EarthT, Jabun's Cave, bomb arrows etc.) that makes me hate it.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
They took out the Tingle Tuner, you can't see the map while playing on the pad, the motion controls don't work and the lighting makes it look like a different time of day in places.

But really it's what they didn't add (wiimote compatibility, beat the WindT before the EarthT, Jabun's Cave, bomb arrows etc.) that makes me hate it.
Okay. But they fixed the Nintendo Gallery, that sells it for me.
And Tingle can take his Tingle Tuner and shove it up his ass.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The Tingle Tuner was one of the best items in WW, honestly.

One of the main reasons I don't want the remake. That item was beyond useful and great design. It was the first time a second player could exist to a degree, and worked great.

That said, the Bomb Arrows were only in two games(I think?), LA(and DX) and TP. Was it in Skyward Sword?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
The Tingle Tuner was one of the best items in WW, honestly.

One of the main reasons I don't want the remake. That item was beyond useful and great design. It was the first time a second player could exist to a degree, and worked great.

That said, the Bomb Arrows were only in two games(I think?), LA(and DX) and TP. Was it in Skyward Sword?
No, unfortunately. The only problem with Skyward Sword's items - there weren't many of them.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
No, unfortunately. The only problem with Skyward Sword's items - there weren't many of them.
I heard about that. Slightly.

I have yet to play it, and I don't know if I ever will. I'm just not a fan of controls that either are touch/motion control or require a wireless controller. Only Super Paper Mario and Super Mario 64 DS are anywhere near an exception to this.

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
Replacing characters for other, less deserving ones just for the sake of keeping things fresh is a stupid idea. We're not going to get another Pichu.

Also, page number :lol:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I heard about that. Slightly.

I have yet to play it, and I don't know if I ever will. I'm just not a fan of controls that either are touch/motion control or require a wireless controller. Only Super Paper Mario and Super Mario 64 DS are anywhere near an exception to this.
Well, my honest opinion is that Skyward Sword might not be for you. But if you can look past the motion controls and appreciate the great game design, you'll love it like I did.

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
Replacing characters for other, less deserving ones just for the sake of keeping things fresh is a stupid idea. We're not going to get another Pichu.

@ Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth : Wireless controllers?! Unless they interfere with your psychic powers or something, I don't see why you'd find wired controllers superior.

EDIT: Meant to edit not reply

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Well, my honest opinion is that Skyward Sword might not be for you. But if you can look past the motion controls and appreciate the great game design, you'll love it like I did.
You get to see the Groose himself. Isn't that worth it? I think so...

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@ Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth : Wireless controllers?! Unless they interfere with your psychic powers or something, I don't see why you'd find wired controllers superior.
Batteries, dude. I hate batteries. Ugh.

Save Pichu being better than even Kirby in Melee... or the fact I found him way more fun to play as than Pikachu. I'm worried Impa could be pure trash. Also, Pichu never replaced anyone, so I don't get the point of the comparison.

Yeah, unless the controls are fun to use, I could care less about the rest. I need to be able to play the game enjoyably. Everything else comes second. This is why I hate Phantom Hourglass. It was absolutely not fun to play at all(items slightly aside).

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Yeah, unless the controls are fun to use, I could care less about the rest. I need to be able to play the game enjoyably. Everything else comes second. This is why I hate Phantom Hourglass. It was absolutely not fun to play at all(items slightly aside).
Spirit Tracks was an improvement, but Phantom Hourglass sucked so hard.

They're quirky, but the sword controls are actually fun once you get used to it. I actually got so bored with the game the first time, I quit before beating the first boss. But after trying a second time, I did the whole thing and now it's a favorite of mine.

Am I the only one that is just really indifferent towards Palutena?
No. I'm starting to find her unlikely, actually.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
IMO, The main "problem" with Twilight Princess is that liking Midna is vital to the game as a whole.
If you like her the game is good, but if you're indifferent on her it pulls the game down a whole lot.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Spirit Tracks was an improvement, but Phantom Hourglass sucked so hard.

They're quirky, but the sword controls are actually fun once you get used to it. I actually got so bored with the game the first time, I quit before beating the first boss. But after trying a second time, I did the whole thing and now it's a favorite of mine.
That's the other thing. I don't enjoy swinging my hands like that. It's very unfun for me and even Touch Controls are somewhat more desirable. My body is not ready, you could say.

No. I'm starting to find her unlikely, actually.
Not sure about likely, but I'd take Medusa over her any day. That said, both together is cool with me.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
IMO, The main "problem" with Twilight Princess is that liking Midna is vital to the game as a whole.
If you like her the game is good, but if you're indifferent on her it pulls the game down a whole lot.
Yeah, that's totally true. Although, the majority of the people who played it loved her, so the general consensus is that Twilight Princess is awesome.

Last edited:

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Maybe. But also look at the camera angle. It's probably him being closer to the screen. If he had a Mushroom, he'd probably be way bigger. It might just be a perspective thing.
true but if thats the case in the screen on the right he seems to be at the same larger effect

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
true but if thats the case in the screen on the right he seems to be at the same larger effect
Huh. Odd. I dunno?

Is it bad that my first and favorite zelda game is, um...
spirit tracks...
Not really. To each their own respectively. As long as you don't expect some people to like it as well, things are fine, you know? Applies to any other subject/work.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom